You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paco is leaving

Jayesh1987

a snippet from the echo-

The Liverpool boss says the quality of work of his three Spanish lieutenants; Pako Ayesteran, Paco Herrera and goalkeeper coach Jose Ochotorena, is the reason why the absence of a high profile ex-player has gone unquestioned.

Indeed, it's a testimony to how much Herrera has become absorbed within the Anfield fabric, his departure this summer will raise concern among fans, well aware of the Spaniard's major contribution to the red revival.

With Herrera's exit confirmed, Benitez says he's planning to fill a huge void in the summer.

"We need to use Paco as much as we can before he leaves. He's been very important for us with his scouting and coaching. He is also a fantastic person, so it is a bad loss," said Benitez.

"But we must understand his reasons. He needs to be with his family. He has a wife and young daughter in Spain.

"The reasons for his leaving show the kind of person he is. I know he loves working here and is very grateful to the club, but you must always think about your family.

"We're thinking how we will change the structure but ensure we work in the same way. We're very happy with the work of Frank McParland, who works alongside Paco in the scouting.

"I have some ideas and the main thing is not to change what we're doing now too much, because there has been a lot of progression."

It remains unclear if Benitez will look back to Spain or search closer to home for Herrera's replacement.

Guest St_Tropez_Aye

Hell Rafa here is a list of players I scouted using FM 2006

Ronaldinho

Etoo

Joaquin

Torres

Zidane

Xavi

Puyol

Ibrahimovich

Huntelaar

Owen

Aguero

If we arent allowed to buy them all I presume we will be going on strike until Parry is sacked and the ties removed from his tie rack to help enable his death by dangling from balls by a clown tie.

oi.

Ok, if you're serious then I will give you what little I know. Paco Herrera is chief scout and is the manager of the reserve team, and I think Rafa consults him about first team duties, in essence, he's Rafa's assistant but so is Pako Ayesteran. Herrera has a wife and young daughter back in Spain and he wants to go home to them, which is fair enough. What it means is that Rafa will have to find somebody else, I've heard that Paco will keep an eye on talent in Spain for us but I am not totally sure.