You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What is the real king of beer?

Guest Gazmo25

Best Beer  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Best Beer

• Stella Artois - Wifebeater rules
    • Becks - Didi's tipple
    • San Miguel - Spain's best export after Rafa
    • Efes Pilsner - The Beer of Istanbul
    • Corona - The Lime makes it better
    • Carlsberg - Probably the best
    • Budweiser - King of Beers
    • Fosters - At least the Aussies are good at producing this
    • Czech Budvar - If you wanna get wrecked this helps...
    • Tennants Super - The Beer Of Tramps

Carlton Cold is a great aussie beer along with Carlton Gold. Also Boaggs is another from Tazmania.

Beer Lao from Laos is a great Beer.

Got into the micro brews and Preservative free ales of seattle / British Columbia when i was last out there.

Home.

Leffe

Kroney

Red Stripe

San Miguel

Carlsberg

British Columbia is where it's at for microbrewery. And weed as well, if you like that sort of thing.

aws- It's a crime against humanity when any brewery closes. It should be the first article in the UN Declaration of Human Rights.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah , not havin that

the french are shit at beer ..they mighht be able to squash grapes with their feet and mix it well with their manky toe jam to make some bottles of piss that they sell for massive mark ups but beer ....no way .They don't understand the concept of beer

You can take the man out of Cork... ;)

.....to put cork in French wine??

some day NP , you'll have a heineken in my local , either with directions from me ,or me draghging you kicking and screaming into the pub ;) and you shall taste the fruit of my citymens labours , and you'll never drink anything thats not Heineken or murphy's again

Have you ever tasted a club baby seal stewed in murphy's ........... :whistle:

Hi mates,

Am new here. Thought I'd like to point out a bit of trivia from this part of the world.

San Miguel is NOT from Spain, it is actually from the Philippines.

Chang Beer is NOT from Malaysia, it is actually from Thailand.

Tiger Beer is from Singapore, my beer of choice. Singapore being in the tropics, so Tiger Beer is meant to be consumed very cold, or as locals will tell you, with ice actually (sic!)

Alright, but why is it written on the San Miguel bottle infront of me Brewed in Spain, and has a Spanish flag on it ? :idea:

some day NP , you'll have a heineken in my local , either with directions from me ,or me draghging you kicking and screaming into the pub ;) and you shall taste the fruit of my citymens labours , and you'll never drink anything thats not Heineken or murphy's again

Have you ever tasted a club baby seal stewed in murphy's ........... :whistle:

Next time I'm over- they had ads up for a high speed ferry when I was over in April. Now, being Catholic I don't even need a passport do I?

Quaffing Heinekens in the Republic of Cork with a 6'7 Irishman- the perfect interlude between a League and European home matches on a Liverpool trip.

Any laws on importation of seal meat or can I just club one on the way over- don't they hang out on an island near the Wirral?

Next time I'm over- they had ads up for a high speed ferry when I was over in April. Now, being Catholic I don't even need a passport do I?

Quaffing Heinekens in the Republic of Cork with a 6'7 Irishman- the perfect interlude between a League and European home matches on a Liverpool trip.

Any laws on importation of seal meat or can I just club one on the way over- don't they hang out on an island near the Wirral?

put on something green and "act" drunk and you'll need no passport ;)

If you get a hankering for seal meat , I know a bloke who has a boat ,will a baseball bat with nails thru it be enough to kill a seal ???

deadly serious gav. not a better pint anywhere imo (not that i ever remember much after a night on it!).

Excellent ....I'll be in the cabbage pre and apres game from now on then

Cheers for the heads up , next time I'm over I'll bring a bottle of the Cork made heineken ......best you'll ever taste

Right.

But before i lay it to rest, you sure the Philippines was a spanish colony ?

Yes it was at first, but when Spain got bogged down in other colonial wars the American's snapped her up and ran it as a protecteriat, circa late 1800's early 1900's.

And not soon after the first mail order bride was shipped over.

God Bless America.

Yes it was at first, but when Spain got bogged down in other colonial wars the American's snapped her up and ran it as a protecteriat, circa late 1800's early 1900's.

And not soon after the first mail order bride was shipped over.

God Bless America.

Is there any news on our little territorial dispute btw, Glen? Must admit I haven't really researched it.

Is there any news on our little territorial dispute btw, Glen? Must admit I haven't really researched it.

Funny you should ask. From CTV News today,

Mon. Sep. 19 2005 1:47 PM ET

Canada, Denmark agree to Hans Island process

CTV.ca News Staff

Canada and Denmark have agreed on a process aimed at ending the dispute over Hans Island, Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew said Monday.

Pettigrew said officials from both sides will meet over the coming months to pore over old maps and documents with an eye to ending the fight over the rocky outcrop in the Arctic that both countries claim as their own.

"As friendly countries, of course, it is our shared objective that we resolve this issue -- that we put this issue behind us," Pettigrew said.

"We now have a process -- a process in which the officials will be working together, gathering all of the relative information and trying to find a way forward to do this."

However, he said that Canada is not willing to give up its sovereignty over the island, which is only as big as a few city blocks.

"It remains our firmly held position, of course, that Canadian sovereignty needs to be clear over Hans Island," Pettigrew said.

Pettigrew made the comments from New York, at the 60th anniversary summit of the United Nations. He met with Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moller on the sidelines of the summit.

The island, which sits uninhabited between Canada's Ellesmere Island and Greenland, has been an irritant between the two countries for decades.

Pettigrew again insisted again today that the quarrel between the two countries is not about the surrounding waters, since boundaries were agreed upon in 1973.

However, there has been widespread speculation that claims to the island by both countries have to do in part with the effect that global warming could play in opening up the Northwest Passage, creating a major shipping route between Asia and Europe.

Melting ice could also make it easier to look for undersea resources, such as oil and gas.

Tensions over the island were sparked this summer, when Defence Minister Bill Graham made an unannounced stop to the island during a trip to the Arctic in July.

The Danish government denounced the move as an "occupation" and rushed to plant flags on the island. It later called off that plan.

However, previous flag plantings by the Danes have been the focus of protests by Canada in 1984, 1988 and 2004.

The Danes already control Greenland, and they say Hans Island is part of that ancestral territory. But Canada claims the island was discovered by the British and ceded to Canada

160_pettigrew_UN1_050919.jpg

Our foreign minister- a French-Canadian. I'd say it's in the bag for youse lot, Peter. He'll surrender when Per-Stig Moller looks at him sideways.

160X_hans_island_050919.jpg

Here are some of my mates raising the Maple Leaf!

Funny you should ask. From CTV News today,

Mon. Sep. 19 2005 1:47 PM ET

Canada, Denmark agree to Hans Island process

CTV.ca News Staff

Canada and Denmark have agreed on a process aimed at ending the dispute over Hans Island, Foreign Affairs Minister Pierre Pettigrew said Monday.

Pettigrew said officials from both sides will meet over the coming months to pore over old maps and documents with an eye to ending the fight over the rocky outcrop in the Arctic that both countries claim as their own.

"As friendly countries, of course, it is our shared objective that we resolve this issue -- that we put this issue behind us," Pettigrew said.

"We now have a process -- a process in which the officials will be working together, gathering all of the relative information and trying to find a way forward to do this."

However, he said that Canada is not willing to give up its sovereignty over the island, which is only as big as a few city blocks.

"It remains our firmly held position, of course, that Canadian sovereignty needs to be clear over Hans Island," Pettigrew said.

Pettigrew made the comments from New York, at the 60th anniversary summit of the United Nations. He met with Danish Foreign Minister Per Stig Moller on the sidelines of the summit.

The island, which sits uninhabited between Canada's Ellesmere Island and Greenland, has been an irritant between the two countries for decades.

Pettigrew again insisted again today that the quarrel between the two countries is not about the surrounding waters, since boundaries were agreed upon in 1973.

However, there has been widespread speculation that claims to the island by both countries have to do in part with the effect that global warming could play in opening up the Northwest Passage, creating a major shipping route between Asia and Europe.

Melting ice could also make it easier to look for undersea resources, such as oil and gas.

Tensions over the island were sparked this summer, when Defence Minister Bill Graham made an unannounced stop to the island during a trip to the Arctic in July.

The Danish government denounced the move as an "occupation" and rushed to plant flags on the island. It later called off that plan.

However, previous flag plantings by the Danes have been the focus of protests by Canada in 1984, 1988 and 2004.

The Danes already control Greenland, and they say Hans Island is part of that ancestral territory. But Canada claims the island was discovered by the British and ceded to Canada

160_pettigrew_UN1_050919.jpg

Our foreign minister- a French-Canadian. I'd say it's in the bag for youse lot, Peter. He'll surrender when Per-Stig Moller looks at him sideways.

160X_hans_island_050919.jpg

Here are some of my mates raising the Maple Leaf!

So no war??... I guess DT left Denmark for no good reason then??

:tease: