You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Cisse - The French Carra

Red Nick

outside of JC i wonder if anyone loves the club as much as this guy does.

Gets Married in Red, dies his hair red, wears a 96 wristband, our warrrior and a truly great great person, he's even married a local (well cheshire anyway)

Looks like he intends to stay for a very long time indeed.

just hope he bangs in 20 plus goals for un next season and becomes an anfield legend

if the rest of the players showed his desire we would have defo finished 4th last season.

the other thing about him is he is prepared to adapt and change his game, he struggled early on because rafa's style was not what he was used to and just before his injury he was starting to understand what was required from him and doing what the manager wanted.

Cisse has it all and now comes the difficult bit doing it on the football pitch because he defo has the desire.

Gets Married in Red, dies his hair red, wears a 96 wristband, our warrrior and a truly great great person, he's even married a local (well cheshire anyway)

Looks like he intends to stay for a very long time indeed.

just hope he bangs in 20 plus goals for un next season and becomes an anfield legend

if the rest of the players showed his desire we would have defo finished 4th last season.

the other thing about him is he is prepared to adapt and change his game, he struggled early on because rafa's style was not what he was used to and just before his injury he was starting to understand what was required from him and doing what the manager wanted.

Cisse has it all and now comes the difficult bit doing it on the football pitch because he defo has the desire.

Definitely, he is the player Heskey should have been.

Heskey + bottle/guts = Cissé (in my opinion).

fair play to him coming back last year was great achievement, however with forwards the only thing their really remembered for is goals and this season he needs to be bangin em in on a regualr basis.

exactly, thats how he will be remebered but he has two things going for him, the first he is prepared to take on board what the coach coaches his him and he has great desire and desire is the one thing a thing a coach cant coach.

Cisse looked pretty interested to me come the end of this season and defo had fire in his belly.

When he had the carrot of a European cup final place in front of his nose. Think back to just before his injury- he wouldn't chase a damn thing. In a way his injury actually saved his reputation. Granted his recovery is remarkable and he says all the right things but doing it on the pitch is a different story.

How is it that Milan Baros is slammed for having a poor atitude but chases everything and Cisse is, ridiculously so, compared to Carra??????

He has everything to prove IMO

exactly, thats how he will be remebered but he has two things going for him, the first he is prepared to take on board what the coach coaches his him and he has great desire and desire is the one thing a thing a coach cant coach.

He has the desire but does the desire desert him when what is being desired is not the desirable trophy of desirious European glory, but the dire trudgery of a winter match in undesirable Middlesboro.

Beni good point, something i was saying every game when he played, then he get injured, and i said it at the time, it SAVED his liverpool career i reckon.

He has great heart, good on him, but he isnt up to being a liverpool players IMO.

Hope he proves me wrong, but cant see it.

He has the desire but does the desire desert him when what is being desired is not the desirable trophy of desirious European glory, but the dire trudgery of a winter match in undesirable Middlesboro.

:D

Desiring Cisse to Score lots of goals would be very Desirable in fact U2 could be like cisse and have Desire

Beni good point, something i was saying every game when he played, then he get injured, and i said it at the time, it SAVED his liverpool career i reckon.

He has great heart, good on him, but he isnt up to being a liverpool players IMO.

Hope he proves me wrong, but cant see it.

personally he was just getting to grips with playing for the team before his injury even though it was in the right wing spot. Fo the record i have nothing against Baros bar the fact he cant play in a rafa system and cant seem to form an understanding with any of his striking partners

Cissé still has everything to prove in my opinion. I still don't rate him that highly as a footballer. His control is poor and he runs like when you're playing Pro Evolution and you constantly keep your finger on the 'run fast' button. He seems like one of those players who's brilliant when all is going well, but not so when the chips are down.

I hope he's a success, as every time I watch the CL final celebrations it's his antics that makes me smile the most. He obviously has one hell of an ego, which is what you want in a striker (Heskey would have been a world-beater with one), but I too find it pretty ridiculous how he is hailed in some quarters here while Baros remains criticised.

Better inform the people of Anglesey! its about three or four counties away from cheshire.

She's a hairdresser from Bangor who, prior to meeting Cisse, told her friends and colleagues that she intended to "bag herself a prem footballer".

Anyone can wear a wrsitband, dress in red and say how much they love this club. But its on the field where it counts. I remember him being a sulker and a workshy, goalshy striker.

I hope he comes good, as every Liverpool fan does. But at £14 million he was awfull business considering his complete lack of finesse.

I think Cisse has a lot of raw talent there and with some intensive training he could become a brilliant player for us. His character must be good as well, I mean he could have lost his leg but was back playing a lot earlier than people expected. Maybe the incentive of the CL helped that but so what, it would help anyone in those circumstances.

I definitely agree that he has a lot to prove still - he wasn't setting the world on fire before his injury although I did think he was steadily improving. It remains to be seen if he can become the 20 goal a season man that we all crave but equally I think he's earnt the chance to prove if he can.

When he had the carrot of a European cup final place in front of his nose. Think back to just before his injury- he wouldn't chase a damn thing. In a way his injury actually saved his reputation. Granted his recovery is remarkable and he says all the right things but doing it on the pitch is a different story.

How is it that Milan Baros is slammed for having a poor atitude but chases everything and Cisse is, ridiculously so, compared to Carra??????

He has everything to prove IMO

Agree with that.

Really made up for him for his tremendous recovery but still has a hell of a lot to prove as he is the clubs record signing, at 14 million which could nearly buy two Micheal Owens!!

Granted he has some great assets, remarkable pace and a strong shot, but I think he struggles to beat his man with skill and is very naive on the ball. To say he has a great work ethic is very dubious as he put in some shocking performances before his injury. Hopefully his motivation will carry through to next season and he wont revert back to the pre-injury Cisse who threw his arms up in the air in tantrum if someone had the nerve not to pass him the ball. He may love the club and may love being a red, but so did Mad Erik and loving the club isnt enough - he needs to back it up with performances.

I hope he turns out to be the player some people are saying that he will be, but I personally will be quite surprised if he proves to be a good value signing.

Someone (I think it was YKI) posted a montage of clips of Lord Djibbers on here a while ago and he looked absolutely fucking ace. I reckon he'll be Lord of Anfield next season, never mind Frodsham.

I think (probably hope more) that he turns out to be a class act. Looked brilliant for Auxerre but didn't for us either before or after the injury. Henry was shite in his first season and a half when he came here so maybe it's just a settling in thing.

Auxerre played a completely different style to LFC and he was just adjusting to it before he broke his leg.

Auxerre played a completely different style to LFC and he was just adjusting to it before he broke his leg.

Did he? It would have helped if he'd at least broken sweat once in a while. But still what do you expect for £14 mil?