You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

14 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Must be true if some cunt put it on twitter. 

Have you watched the BBC's verification video? It has a very different slant. 

If I was Palestinian I'd be in a massive hurry to show fragments of the Israeli missile / warhead. They don't seem to be though. 

Fuck knows who did it but I'm fucked if I'm taking sides over it. Murderous Israeli lunatics v lunatics who spend all day shouting how great their god is. 

I'm sure the wider political spectrum will be relieved that some bloke on a footy fanzine site is expressing his neutrality. 

He's the chief correspondent of Channel Four News.

20 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Whereas Hamas are a paragon of truthfulness? I’d imagine we are probably never going to know but you have to admit it would be a bit daft to bomb a hospital when you are looking to garner support from the international community. If it was Israel it will have been a catastrophic mistake. 

Where did I say Hamas don't lie?

I said Israel do.

And they do, repeatedly and verifiably.

9 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Yeah, it was a counterpoint , Hamas lie as well so who knows who is telling the truth. Choose your liar, but what would Israel gain by bombing a hospital?

I mean they already have hit that exact hospital a few days previously and warned that they would hit hospitals, as well as in shelters, schools, convoys of people heading south in the direction they told them would be safe, and countless other things that you definitely shouldn't bomb. They're acting with total impunity because, as seen today, they can do anything and just explain it away because they've been given 'unconditional' support from the US and its allies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Whist I have no doubt the IDF are a untrustworthy source. They are soldiers who get paid to kill folk. However I fail to see any strategic or political benefit in bombing a hospital. They are cunts but not stupid cunts.

They ordered hospitals to be evacuated last week

59 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Dunno.

Probably the same thing as bombing a bakery.

Here's the video of the incident. The same scene was filmed by Al Jazeera in a live interview with a time stamp that matches the time the hospital was hit. You can see the rocket launch into the sky and then fail (or was intercepted) and then explode when it hit the ground. The video has been geolocated.

Here's a photo of the impact site. Notably it is the car park, not the actual hospital which means if it was the IDF then they missed. Is that likely? You'll also notice the impact crater is tiny - consistent with a rocket warhead. If it was a JDAM used by the Israeli's then it would be huge and the surrounding walls would be rubble.

_131467465_crater1-nc.png.webp

• Upvote 1

Have a listen. This is his opening (Barnaby Raine).

Israel ordered 22 hospitals be evacuated,  the World Health Organisation called it a death sentence for patients who couldn't be moved and so were being left to die. One of the hospitals Israel ordered to be evacuated was the hospital that has now been bombed. So it said it was going to bomb hospitals then a hospital got bombed.

Israel have dropped more bombs this week than America dropped in the first year of their occupation of Afghanistan. 

18 minutes ago, M_B said:

Here's the video of the incident. The same scene was filmed by Al Jazeera in a live interview with a time stamp that matches the time the hospital was hit. You can see the rocket launch into the sky and then fail (or was intercepted) and then explode when it hit the ground. The video has been geolocated.

Here's a photo of the impact site. Notably it is the car park, not the actual hospital which means if it was the IDF then they missed. Is that likely? You'll also notice the impact crater is tiny - consistent with a rocket warhead. If it was a JDAM used by the Israeli's then it would be huge and the surrounding walls would be rubble.

So was the 500 killed sitting in their cars in the carpark? 

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

Evidence is being presented without any scrutiny.

Israel bombed the hospital on Saturday they tweeted about bombing the hospital but then deleted it once the civilian casualties started mounting. Earlier in the week Israel were saying that Hamas were digging up water pipes to use in rockets and now we're expected believe that Hamas have somehow concocted a weapon able to level a fucking hospital.

The only evidence Israel have produced that could be scrutinised was the audio and that has been taken apart as laughable.

Sorry until there's credible third party independent scrutiny I'm not believing a word out of Israel's mouth.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dicko said:

And what?

Evidence is being presented without any scrutiny.

Israel bombed the hospital on Saturday they tweeted about bombing the hospital but then deleted it once the civilian casualties started mounting. Earlier in the week Israel were saying that Hamas were digging up water pipes to use in rockets and now we're expected believe that Hamas have somehow concocted a weapon able to level a fucking hospital.

The only evidence Israel have produced that could be scrutinised was the audio and that has been taken apart as laughable.

Sorry until there's credible third party independent scrutiny I'm not believing a word out of Israel's mouth.

So what do you think the video is? What do you think the photographs of the impact site are?

You get presented with evidence and you ask for scrutiny, but you are happy to say Israel bombed the hospital based on tweets.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, M_B said:

Better if you post the whole quote:

Canon Richard Sewell, the dean of St George's College in Jerusalem, told the BBC that about 1,000 displaced people were sheltering in the courtyard when it was hit, and about 600 patients and staff were inside the building.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Better if you post the whole quote:

Canon Richard Sewell, the dean of St George's College in Jerusalem, told the BBC that about 1,000 displaced people were sheltering in the courtyard when it was hit, and about 600 patients and staff were inside the building.

Well I didn't because the strike hit the car park, which is where I assumed the vast majority of the casualities would be. But yeah sure, why not.

Just now, M_B said:

So what do you think the video is? What do you think about the photographs of impact site are?

You get presented with evidence and you ask for scrutiny, but you are happy to say Israel bombed the hospital based on tweets.

On tweets?

They've been bombing indiscriminantly for days. What's more likely, Hamas who had to dig up water pipes to make rudimentary weapons earlier in the week, somehow managed to build a weapon so powerful it could level a hospital. Or the nation that had previously bombed said hospital and said they would bomb hospitals again then actually bombs said hospital.

Israel produces "evidence" and you accept it that's fine just don't expect many others to share that view.

14 minutes ago, Dicko said:

Earlier in the week Israel were saying that Hamas were digging up water pipes to use in rockets and now we're expected believe that Hamas have somehow concocted a weapon able to level a fucking hospital.

Missed this part. It didn't hit the hospital.

5 minutes ago, Dicko said:

On tweets?

They've been bombing indiscriminantly for days. What's more likely, Hamas who had to dig up water pipes to make rudimentary weapons earlier in the week, somehow managed to build a weapon so powerful it could level a hospital. Or the nation that had previously bombed said hospital and said they would bomb hospitals again then actually bombs said hospital.

Israel produces "evidence" and you accept it that's fine just don't expect many others to share that view.

It didn't hit the hospital! It hit the car park. The hospital wasn't levelled.

And Israel didn't produce the evidence. The video is from Al Jazeera and the photos are from journalists given access to the site.

Seems to me that some people want to believe it was Israel.