You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

36 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

It's not a fair point at all. Postecoglu is an absolute fraud. He can attack and that's it. Fingers crossed that attack works when we need it.

Is he fuck a fraud. Learnt his trade under Puskas. Plays exciting football. He’s got the character to take this job and stamp his own mark. The problem with Spurs is that well it’s Spurs. Without Kane. He’d do a good job here. 

1 hour ago, Dave D said:

This guy is his larger than life assistant- I vaguely remember him- John DeWolf

Where are they now? Former Wolverhampton Wanderers defender John de Wolf -  Birmingham Live

Looks like Slot is overcompensating for his cue-ball noggin by hanging around with this hairy sex bomb. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Looks like Slot is overcompensating for his cue-ball noggin by hanging around with this hairy sex bomb. 

Not that Howe and his sunbed shagging freak will be at Newcastle next season but seeing the Ultimate Warrior go up against Macho Man Randy Saint Tropez would be fucking brilliant. 
“eh eh man sit down or I powerslam you into that ugly man wiv his belly out’s belly in de away end you want some of me c’mon man I dare yu”

It's hard to get excited about anyone other than Alonso (or Klopp staying). I'm certainly not going to be like those manc boneheads who were giddy at the hiring of Ten Hag who also came with an impressive reputation in the mediocre Dutch league. The same league Frank De Boer dominated before he was found out when he moved to a much more competitive one. If he gets the job, I'll wish him the best but I certainly don't have high expectations.

36 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Is he fuck a fraud. Learnt his trade under Puskas. Plays exciting football. He’s got the character to take this job and stamp his own mark. The problem with Spurs is that well it’s Spurs. Without Kane. He’d do a good job here. 

I'd doubt if his name was ever mentioned. He's a Spurs manager. And he'll be sacked from there soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

I'd doubt if his name was ever mentioned. He's a Spurs manager. And he'll be sacked from there soon enough.

Probably. Most managers are sacked from there. 

1 hour ago, bossy said:

I’ve got the Aintree Iron song stuck in my head:

Thank you very Dutch, thank you very very very Dutch.

I’ve got

it’s Arne Slot

where?

there with no hair

where with no hair?

right there

it’s Arne Slot now Klopp’s gone

well I declare

something something

… Klopp on the chair

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Simply don't know enough about him. Obviously Feyenoord have improved significantly under his watch, and he was one Covid lockdown away from potentially claiming a title with AZ prior to taking over at De Kuip. All the noises about his style of play, tactical acumen and ability to get through to players make him sound like a good choice. How all of that translates with the massive step up in level remains to be seen, if this comes to fruition.

Whoever comes in will be filling massive shoes. Be it Arne Slot or someone else, I want them to have the same impact that Paisley had. The significant difference is that Paisley already knew the club inside out.