You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

15 minutes ago, bossy said:

I reckon when Jurgen goes we’ll remember the fantastic ride, the rollercoaster, the absolute joy many of the games were even in seasons where we fun fuck all. The man, the boss.  But right now we’ve messed up and it’s shit. 

Got the chance to take my lad to Wembley for the first time this season, he said it was one of the best days of his (short) life. 

I hope he remembers it well, because it might be a while til we go to another one. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nobody has been hysterical. Why do people like you always come onto the match threads and throw bollocks about. Condescending arse.

I hate this iteration of our team with an absolute passion”

You don’t think that’s hysterical for 4 defeats out of 34 ? 

55 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

God this has been a shit last few pages. We lost 4 games and won 22 so far this season in one of the most competitive leagues in the world and armchair coaches are suddenly saying we are shit.

We’re all disappointed but keep some perspective, we’re competing against a club funded by a country and we will probably finish 4 points behind them. The Klopp era has been brilliant, Salah one of the best players ever to put on the red shirt, the comeback against Barcelona, so many other amazing moments.

If you can’t take 4 defeats out of 34 without a fucking hysterical melt down then you should follow the Harlem Globe Trotters. 

Best comment I've read so far on here.spot on

34 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

I hate this iteration of our team with an absolute passion”

You don’t think that’s hysterical for 4 defeats out of 34 ? 

Not at all. They arnt great. 

As others have said we’ve consistently started games slowly and poor and relied on some individual moments to claw games back.

I think we are weak at the back, weak in midfield and don’t have enough winners up front.

A side worth it’s salt would have wrapped this league up because we’ve had the chances to by hook or by crook.

I just think the attitude is off at the club. Maybe it’s something to do with Klopp but he’s a different beast now. Years ago he would be tearing into everyone but the fire has gone.

My dislike comes from the fact that they’ve let some absolute dross scupper them and a few occasions when they could have taken points off their rivals they’ve messed up.

14 hours ago, Aventus said:

Got the chance to take my lad to Wembley for the first time this season, he said it was one of the best days of his (short) life. 

I hope he remembers it well, because it might be a while til we go to another one. 

Mate, I'm 54 and watched us win it all multiple times over. And it was one of my best days ever. And we've had a good few of them under klopp - not just winning, but the way we've won. This ride under klopp has been amazing. It's done now and sadly hasn't quite ended in style. And it's probably because he announced it early in an attempt to be fair to the club and his staff, but it's taken away the intensity from everybody - and maybe forced one or two back onto the pitch a bit early to try and play a part in their attempt of a "last dance", which has completely back fired. 

But we won't remember the last few weeks, we'll remember the last 9 years or whatever it is. And as you say, there'll be plenty of time for reminiscing about the good old days when he's gone, as it's likely to be shit from here. 

• Upvote 2

Are we really that bad?

Yeah how the season has petered out these last few weeks is frustrating and disappointing and we were spineless at the pit the other night.

But we are 3rd in the league having legitimately challenged for the league until April. This was with one of the worst injury crises we've ever had.

We need to get to the bottom of why we get so many injuries and we need to bin bag one or two and make a handful of key signings in the summer  (DM and LCB for me) and go again.

We need tweaks and not an overhaul IMO....more reliable and robust footballers who can stay fit and a little bit of quality in key areas.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Never have been,nor never will be a tory Mr.anubis !

I just agreed with the point made

Tool late. You’ve outed yourself as Willardonian….

• Haha 1

On 25/04/2024 at 16:54, Qwikage said:

The most alarming thing I have noticed from our last few matches is our players inability to play a simple pass. So many of our simple passes have been too far in front, or more commonly, too far behind the receiving player which interupts a natural stride pattern and has the effect of slowing things down thus allowing the opposition time to regroup. This happens all over the pitch and is not confined to the final third. 

Crisp, sharp well directed passes are a fundemental requirement for a proffesional footballer so why do we have so many players that are unable to do it?

It will not solve all our problems but seems to me to be the easiest one to address. So why are we not doing it?

You are just noticing this now?!

On 26/04/2024 at 05:58, BeefStroganoff said:

Not at all. They arnt great. 

As others have said we’ve consistently started games slowly and poor and relied on some individual moments to claw games back.

I think we are weak at the back, weak in midfield and don’t have enough winners up front.

A side worth it’s salt would have wrapped this league up because we’ve had the chances to by hook or by crook.

I just think the attitude is off at the club. Maybe it’s something to do with Klopp but he’s a different beast now. Years ago he would be tearing into everyone but the fire has gone.

My dislike comes from the fact that they’ve let some absolute dross scupper them and a few occasions when they could have taken points off their rivals they’ve messed up.

I reckon if we had have wrapped up the league, as we were lifting the trophy, you would have cleared your throat and gobbed at the telly.

I am not nearly as devoed as i thought i might be about the league being gone - I think it is because I didn't expect us to win it this season and it has been a couple of weeks now since the wheels came off at home to Crystal Palace.

We've improved from last season, we are back in the european cup, we won a trophy, we've got rid of the walking footballers killing our midfield and yeah we have some issues and of course we are about to lose one of the greatest managers even in our great history, but things are not all bad......

BUT I am still fucking spewing at the spineless and meek surrender at the pit on Weds.

They are garbage, absolute dogshite - a team who went 13 or 14 league games without a win this season - shite.....and we let them out fight us, bully us and just meekly surrendered to them and handed them 3 pts and gave them the highlight of their year.

Fucking spineless stuff and to do it there against them of all places.....it is going to take a fucking long time for this one to stop stinging.