You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Wed 24th Apr 2024 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

I think Klopp's influence has masked both their technical ability and their mental fragility. 

Maybe you're right and him leaving could show us negative stuff about the players we couldn't previously see, but I'm less concerned about that. Individuals can get binned. My worry is that actually very few of them are top class footballers. 

That’s potentially even more worrying! It’s a very valid concern though. 

Anyway, hopefully we’re both being a bit overly pessimistic. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

That’s potentially even more worrying! It’s a very valid concern though. 

Anyway, hopefully we’re both being a bit overly pessimistic. 

Really looking forward to the pod later. I imagine it'll lift spirits. 

Hearing Code and Stig are going on to debate whether Salah or Nuñez will win player of the month. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheSire said:

He would have tbf.

I think you can get caught up in what Trent has here to what he would have there. Trent still managed to produce 3 quality passes that should have produced more in a attack that offered him nothing movement wise. Put him with Foden and De Bruyne with Haaland runs and I'm pretty sure he excels. 

27 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Then I really hope the board backs the manager in fucking them off. 

Bar Alisson there isn't anyone at the club who is consistently world class and would be a regular for one of the (let's be generous and say "other") top half dozen teams in the world. Surely they must have enough self-awareness to realise Klopp has elevated them collectively. 

Salah is off to the glue factory and Trent wouldn't be indulged at Real Madrid or Inter or any other big club. Fifty yard passes and the odd decent free kick wouldn't outweigh shitting out of challenges and being skinned like a fucking traffic cone several times a game.

Who else is there in the squad that you could see thinking they're above the manager? I don't actually think we've got many like that in the squad. They're sound lads, by and large. They're just thick, sadly. There aren't enough of them to think on their feet during a game. Not enough of them can adapt to the opposition, the ref, the game situation, whatever it is. That's the main problem with the squad (beyond all the forwards needing 150 chances to score, bar one who gets injured once a month). 

We have not many intelligent footballers look at City players whoever they sign they are cracking players whatever price they cost most of our players don’t get near that city 11

We really need some fit and healthy footballers who play week in week out.

The constant chopping and changing in our line ups is no good for us - just as understandings get formed things are broken up, we get a partnership working and it is split....It happens far too much and it hurts our rhythm and fluidity.

We rarely put out the same side in back to back games - and often it is wholesale changes. It was 6 changes again tonight including a totally different midfield after 5 or 6 at weekend too. Wasn't all down to injuries tonight mind, but you don't see Arsenal changing their entire midfield from the weekend - because they have solid, reliable players who are playing well in a settled side. And key men like Rice and Odegaard are reliable - Rice plays every week, as does Odegaard and they've played pretty much every week in previous seasons too.

Yeah the mancs are a mess but their best player, who dragged them to a win tonight - Fernandes plays week in week out, he is never missing, never injured, never on the sick list, he is just a constant, rock solid and reliable and robust and it helps them massively....they'd be bottom half without him being like he is.

We need more reliable, robust (quality of course) players - so we can have a more settled side and better continuity etc.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

We really need some fit and healthy footballers who play week in week out.

The constant chopping and changing in our line ups is no good for us - just as understandings get formed things are broken up, we get a partnership working and it is split....It happens far too much and it hurts our rhythm and fluidity.

We rarely put out the same side in back to back games - and often it is wholesale changes. It was 6 changes again tonight including a totally different midfield after 5 or 6 at weekend too. Wasn't all down to injuries tonight mind, but you don't see Arsenal changing their entire midfield from the weekend - because they have solid, reliable players who are playing well in a settled side. And key men like Rice and Odegaard are reliable - Rice plays every week, as does Odegaard and they've played pretty much every week in previous seasons too.

We need more reliable, robust (quality of course) players - so we can have a more settled side and better continuity etc.

I may be wrong but I think we have made the 2nd highest number of team changes per game .Some were forced admittedly.

8 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

I may be wrong but I think we have made the 2nd highest number of team changes per game .Some were forced admittedly.

It would not surprise me - we make a ridiculous amount of changes week in week out.....6 tonight and it was 5 or 6 at Fulham weekend from Atalanta. Not all are forced of course, but across season many clearly are and it hurts us.

17 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

All that coaching, you'd hope we'd have a better plan than to try and focus all shots through the bottleneck of the 'D' on the edge of the area where Everton have 4 men at all times. 

He never mastered that fully. Struggled to break down teams who just sat deep.

14 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Should have tried Trent at centre back 

You quite clearly know as you're not stupid exactly what I'm talking about. He's not Virgil the centre back, it's about finding a role where he's free without leaving holes in the team. Howie mentioned he's a no.10 but they don't really exist anymore, the full back inside has evolved again through Guardiola where Walker is back playing and Stones or Akanji now move forward from a central position.

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Abysmal. I try not to go hard on any one player but I’m done with Nunez.

I don’t want to hear about how great he’d be if we can teach him to finish, because he’s shown no sign of improving.

I don’t want to hear about how he’s an agent of chaos because it profits us nothing when he can’t finish from 6 yards time after time after time.

I don’t want to see him picking injury time performative fights with opposition players when we’re two nil down, to try and curry favour with fans.

I don’t want to see him in a Liverpool shirt for the rest of the season. Gakpo, Danns and Jota, ta.

This. 

Gakpo s newborn is, right now, a better option than Nunez. 

More composure, better balance and infinitely more game sense. 

Does anyone think Pep and Mikel are sitting there self-flagellating, because they neglected to add some ‘chaos’ to their squad for the run in? Chaos is for relegation strugglers, teams whose only tactic is disruption; prevent the opponent from playing their game. Starting him is akin to throwing the big divvy centre-half up front for the last 10 when you’re behind as he might disrupt and cause panic. 

That’s not and never should be our style or aspiration. 

Horrible way to bow-out of the title-race, especially to those farm-animals. Thanks for the ride Klopp, you’ll always be a legend. 

• Upvote 1

Well that was shit. Sadly, the team has lost its intensity. Imagine getting bullied by Everton. And we just took it. Something has changed in this group, I imagine maybe because of klopp going, but it's been noticeable pretty much since we won the league cup. Whatever it is, that was shit tonight. I'm not worried about the terrible misses from all of the front 3. I'm bothered about the lack of fight from the opening minute and allowing Everton to bully us. And before a ball is kicked, you know all they want to do is win free kicks and lash them at the back post. We pretty much said "go 'head, we're not that arsed anyway". 

At this point I can only think this is some cunning plan from klopp to make us glad to see the back of him. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, an tha said:

It would not surprise me - we make a ridiculous amount of changes week in week out.....6 tonight and it was 5 or 6 at Fulham weekend from Atalanta. Not all are forced of course, but across season many clearly are and it hurts us.

The game is a lot more demanding now as is Klopps way of playing but it’s difficult to justify lack of continuity at times. Gone are the days when we could put out the same 11 week after week it seems.

3 hours ago, Section_31 said:

I can forgive a Liverpool side a lot, fuck knows we've seen some shite ones down the years, but putting in these kinds of performances against the mancs and the shite is unforgivable frankly.

It really is.

Because - whether it's "unprofessional" or not - these games mean more than others.  

They really are about pride in the shirt and the club, and frankly we looked lame and soft in these games.

That they were also crucial matches just makes it worse.

I'm not particularly arsed about this group going forward.

• Upvote 5