You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Manager Poll (Sans Alonso)

Next Liverpool Manager  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Next Liverpool Manager

• Ruben Amorim
    • Roberto De Zerbi
    • Julian Nagelsmann
    • Pep Lijnders
    • Marco Silva
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Michel Sanchez
    • Unai Emery
    • Vitor Pereira
    • Mauricio Pochettino
    • Ange Postecoglou
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Julen Lopetegui
    • Simone Inzaghi
    • Graham Potter
    • Other (Specify in comments)

De Zerbi looks like a person who likes to wear far too tight trousers. That’s a no go right there. And I agree with Dave, in that he just doesn’ look like or feel like a Liverpool manager. He might be - or almost certainly is - a good to very good manager, but not for Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Someone called Jason Burt from the telegraph (who I don't think I've heard of) has apparently ruled naglesmann out as he'll be unlikely to want to follow klopp. 

He used to be one of the regulars on Sunday Supplement. No idea if the programme is even still going, probably been replaced by some 19 year olds talking about Fifa.

25 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He used to be one of the regulars on Sunday Supplement. No idea if the programme is even still going, probably been replaced by some 19 year olds talking about Fifa.

They just do some shit on SSN now. That Darren Lewis is a regular on it. And then it seems the other person changes. I don't see it much. 

Thiago Motta agent mentioning us,Barcelona and Bayern as possible options for him next year. No release fee either as his contract is up. 

He's done a great job with Bologna. Looks set to get Champions League place next year. Outside possibility of being runners up. Taken 4pts off Inter and knocked them out the cup in the San Siro

Took over last year after Siniša Mihajlović had to retire with lukemia, and got 48pts in 32 games. 

Not exactly got a team of stars either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Coverage of other leagues is, and always has been, better because they assume the people watching aren't as thick.

Sky's old La Liga coverage and TNT's Serie A coverage are completely different to the utter turd both serve up for the Premier League. 

• Upvote 1

On 04/04/2024 at 00:14, Lee909 said:

Thiago Motta agent mentioning us,Barcelona and Bayern as possible options for him next year. No release fee either as his contract is up. 

He's done a great job with Bologna. Looks set to get Champions League place next year. Outside possibility of being runners up. Taken 4pts off Inter and knocked them out the cup in the San Siro

Took over last year after Siniša Mihajlović had to retire with lukemia, and got 48pts in 32 games. 

What’s his record against Atalanta like?

6 hours ago, Code said:

Gasperini is 66

Was sacked after 5 games by Inter after losing 4. He is a career journey man of lower half Serie A or Serie B type clubs and have found a good spot in Atalanta who have a excellent system. 

I'm surprised we don't seem to have e interest in Xavi. Been a bit tough this year but he's still got them within 8 points of Madrid. Working with youngsters mostly and won the title last year

Just now, joe_fishfish said:

He’s our man.

As the first person on the forum to put his name forward on here, smug wouldn't even begin to cover it if we appointed him. Might insist Dave puts my name in platinum. 

I hope we’ve already got someone sorted and are just keeping it under wraps.

After Klopp, I actually don’t much care who it is, as long as they continue to keep us successful, plus, I’m not really well up with who’s who in the managerial stakes, so I’m relying on Edwards and his team to do their jobs.

Naive? Probably.

59 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

I hope we’ve already got someone sorted and are just keeping it under wraps.

After Klopp, I actually don’t much care who it is, as long as they continue to keep us successful, plus, I’m not really well up with who’s who in the managerial stakes, so I’m relying on Edwards and his team to do their jobs.

Naive? Probably.

Its Amorim

Even in his denials last week it was "I haven't spoken to Liverpool" you can guarantee his agents have though. Neither side will want it announced till Klopp has gone and Benfica have wrapped up the title and played the cup final

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Its Amorim

Even in his denials last week it was "I haven't spoken to Liverpool" you can guarantee his agents have though. Neither side will want it announced till Klopp has gone and Benfica have wrapped up the title and played the cup final

Hope not, because your man amorim manages sporting Lisbon

• Haha 2

Hasn't he been sacked by each job he's had before bologna though? 

He's also got an oddly elongated neck...... That can't be a good omen

8 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

Hasn't he been sacked by each job he's had before bologna though? 

He's also got an oddly elongated neck...... That can't be a good omen

He was at Genoa for two months, and he didn't get sacked by Spezia. Did a really good job there actually (hence getting Bologna job). 

39 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

He was at Genoa for two months, and he didn't get sacked by Spezia. Did a really good job there actually (hence getting Bologna job). 

but his neck...you've seen it right.....its really long...

Atalanta before they appointed Gasperini.

2006/07: 8th

2007/08: 9th

2008/09: 11th

2009/10: 18th - relegated

2010/11: Winner Serie B

2011/12: 12th

2012/13: 15th

2013/14: 11th

2014/15: 17th

2015/16: 13th

Atalanta after Gasperini got appointed.

2016/17: 4th

2017/18: 7th

2018/19: 3rd

2019/20: 3rd

2020/21: 3rd

2021/22: 8th

2022/23: 5th

2023/24: currently 6th

For the last five seasons this is how Atalantas transfer business has looked like, they have made €152 millions from transfers the last five seasons. 

19/20: Sold - €107 m, bought - €60 m, balance + €47 m.

20/21: Sold - €75 m, bought - €62 m, balance + €13 m.

21/22: Sold - € 52 m, bought - €65 m, balance - €13 m.

22/23: Sold - €134 m, bought - €103 m, balance + €31 m.

23/24: Sold - €152 m, bought - €78 m, balance + €74 m.

Gasperini has Atalanta punching well above their weight, could obviously be interesting to see what he could do with better players. 

Amorims not good enough because he's only won the portugese title twice and 3 at the back is weird.

Motta hasn't finished top 4, describes his tactics vertically in a 2-7-2, plays with roaming centre backs and midfielders doubling up as full backs.

It's like offering people who think a korma is too spicy a vindaloo