You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 2024 General Election Thread

Bjornebye

Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)   

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who Do You Plan To Vote For? (Voters names not public)

• Labour
    • Tory
    • Lib-Dems
    • Green
    • Reform
    • Other (Please State)
    • None, they can all fuck off
    • None - I'm not eligible to vote

I'm in Bercow's former seat which was safe from Tory Scum until 2019. That particular constituency is being fragmented three ways following the boundary changes, so I am being hurled back into a safe Tory seat. Well, its been Tory since 1924, and Lidington was the sitting MP up until last time around, and replaced by a Brexshit droid.

Ill vote tactically in order for the best potential outcome. With red and yellow being as they are, Ill be holding my nose equally. If it was choice, I would go Green, but they are barely going to ripple in these parts, and I may as well draw a massive cock and balls on the ballot paper.

I dont expect I will make any difference, whatever I do.

It'll be LD down here, for me. Finally grasped the seat away from the Tories in the recent by-election, would prefer not to hand it back to them. Foord has done well enough and does actually give a shit about the area. 

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

You should deffo vote for someone mate. Tommies died for that shit.

I've voted in every election since 1978,  but reserve the right to withhold my vote if none of the candidates / parties are worthy of it.

• Upvote 2

Really complacent hubris in this article- https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/15/labour-landslide-is-in-sight-so-lets-prepare-for-the-biggest-party-of-our-lives

Aside from the lack of real enthusiasm for Starmer/ Labour and the fact that an election could be the best part of a year away, I'm still scarred by the horrendous election night in 1992. The moment the shock exit poll was broadcast turned the 'party' into a long drawn out wake. 2015 and 2019 weren't exactly great either...

4 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Yeah, wouldn't shock me if they parachuted someone like Euan Blair or Luciana Berger in.

Just not Ian Austin or John Mann for fucks sake. If they want to reincarnate Harold Wilson that's fine by me.

Was thinking Berger to be honest. 

51 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Really complacent hubris in this article- https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/jan/15/labour-landslide-is-in-sight-so-lets-prepare-for-the-biggest-party-of-our-lives

Aside from the lack of real enthusiasm for Starmer/ Labour and the fact that an election could be the best part of a year away, I'm still scarred by the horrendous election night in 1992. The moment the shock exit poll was broadcast turned the 'party' into a long drawn out wake. 2015 and 2019 weren't exactly great either...

Sunak will be pinning that to the walls of the cabinet office. With a step ladder.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, House of Dirk said:

I'm in Bercow's former seat which was safe from Tory Scum until 2019. That particular constituency is being fragmented three ways following the boundary changes, so I am being hurled back into a safe Tory seat. Well, its been Tory since 1924, and Lidington was the sitting MP up until last time around, and replaced by a Brexshit droid.

Ill vote tactically in order for the best potential outcome. With red and yellow being as they are, Ill be holding my nose equally. If it was choice, I would go Green, but they are barely going to ripple in these parts, and I may as well draw a massive cock and balls on the ballot paper.

I dont expect I will make any difference, whatever I do.

elezioni.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Was thinking Berger to be honest. 

Seems quite likely. She should be nowhere near a safe seat seeing as she actually left Labour quite recently and then rejoined.

But then she's the right type of Labour isn't she, centre-right, anti-Corbyn, soft on Israel.

She may be a good constituency MP, the good people of Wavertree would have to tell me more about that.

4 hours ago, Moctezuma said:

In a Labour safe seat so no point in voting, especially for a party offering so little (regardless of how tight a spot they will be in regarding the economy, demography, press inclination and geopolitical set-up of the country).

Local MPs office was useful recently, but not enough to get me off my backside.

Ha, I always thought you lived in Fort Mojave Reservation 

I always vote regardless. I think in the Mayor elections I voted for the TUC guy, didn't know anything about him but I just always vote.

There are too many people and shady organisations out there who don't want me to, that's why you hear all this "it's pointless, they're all the same" patter.

Watched a Michael Moore film a while back where he talked about a Citigroup report into the UK and US now being plutonomies, and it had a line in along the lines of "but unfortunately, it's still one person, one vote."

Fuck'em. As long as they don't want me to vote, I sure as shit will.

I vote Lib Dem locally, labour in Liverpool are next level shit and our Councillors are okay. 

I'll vote labour at the GE because I want to be part of wiping out these cunts. I want to stay up all night and watch them fall like dominoes. 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Seems quite likely. She should be nowhere near a safe seat seeing as she actually left Labour quite recently and then rejoined.

But then she's the right type of Labour isn't she, centre-right, anti-Corbyn, soft on Israel.

She may be a good constituency MP, the good people of Wavertree would have to tell me more about that.

She should not be given another safe seat, she doesn’t deserve it for a start.

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ian Byrne's my local MP and he's sound so I will vote Labour for him. If like Creator I was in Knowsley no fucking way I'd vote for that cunt Howarth. 

That's where I grew up and he was the MP then as well (probably the safest seat in the country).  What's he done?

I think he might be Irish.

BTW I never get people who don't vote because they think they are sending a message or because they are "disillusioned".  Nobody cares about your non-voting message and what exactly are you disillusioned about, what were your expectations from representative democracy? You just vote for the lesser evil from the choices presented. And even in first past the post systems it matters. Even if you vote for a fringe party, it will be noted if they are getting more votes and issues that are central to them may be at least partially taken up by a more mainstream party. Not voting  achieves absolutely nothing.

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ian Byrne's my local MP and he's sound so I will vote Labour for him. If like Creator I was in Knowsley no fucking way I'd vote for that cunt Howarth. 

I'm made up he's stepping down.

12 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

That's where I grew up and he was the MP then as well (probably the safest seat in the country).  What's he done?

He's just a pointless backbench MP, he barely shows his face in his constituency, and has a habit of abstaining on important votes.

He even abstained on the vote on an Israeli ceasefire in Gaza when he's stepping down anyway and has fuck all to lose!

• Upvote 1

Definitely Labour here in Wrexham we currently have a Tory witch who has done fuck all for the town and needs to go , the fucking shame of Wrexham having a Tory and Chester having a Labour MP is fucking appalling in itself really .

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Definitely Labour here in Wrexham we currently have a Tory witch who has done fuck all for the town and needs to go , the fucking shame of Wrexham having a Tory and Chester having a Labour MP is fucking appalling in itself really .

Blew my mind the 2019 election. Was like watching a zombie apocalypse but it was a cunt apocalypse.

• Upvote 1