You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Premier League Round Up (Dec 2-7 2023)

tlw content

image.jpeg

Not sure what’s going own with the MOTD running order lately but it’s gone all weird. Last week when we played City it was on last (or second to last maybe) and this week they started with Burnley and Sheffield United. At this rate Everton might get on first at some point for the first time in about 10 years.

Burnley finally won at home, but I’m not it should even count as Sheffield United are so fucking hopeless. I knew they’d win this game though because these are basically Championship teams and Burnley ran away with the Championship last season. Of course they were going to win. I wouldn’t have called a 5-0 though, but that’s got a lot to do with the Blades going down to ten men. I’ll get to that.

Burnley went ahead inside 15 seconds through Rodriguez.  Not sure that should be his goal though as it didn’t look like it was on target before it hit a defender and went in. How he’s getting credit for that but Trent had his taken away seems a bit daft.

Bruun Larsen made it 2-0 with a strange goal. He’s on the touchline when he receives the diagonal pass but with his first touch he knocked it towards goal and was able to just run towards goal and score. It’s a nice goal, but he looked like he was running in slow motion so how fucking slow must that defender have been?

Then came the sending off. McBurnie is the worst player in the league and I don’t like him, but that’s never a second yellow. The first one might have been a borderline red, but the second one is absolutely fuck all. He’s just gone up for a header and his arm is where it’s meant to be, so nothing sinister in that whatsoever. He was on thin ice because of the first one though so I can see why my boy Chris Kavanagh sent him packing as he must have thought “you absolute dickhead”, which he is.

Amdouni made it 3-0 with a decent finish, Koleosho (a potential ‘my boy’ in the making he is) added a fourth and Brownhill wrapped it up with a lovely strike from outside the box.

So that’s that for Paul (Flippin) HeckI’mBottom then. Chris Wilder is back, but they’re still finishing bottom because they’ve got an awful team and some long term injuries to key players. Burnley are still shit too.

View full article

• Upvote 2

Some things never change at United. When I was a student in Manchester in the early 70s I went to Old Trafford a few times at a time when they were really terrible, a couple of seasons before they actually got relegated. Their best player was Alan Gowling, the McTominay of his days. He used to get dogs abuse for not being a 'United player', as if every United player had to be Best, Law and Charlton rolled into one. You'd think that cuurent United fans have seen enough good teams to realise the truth of what Shankly said, that great teams are like a piano, you need three people who can play it and 8 who can move it around.

• Upvote 6

• dave u pinned this topic
2 hours ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

Bernardo? That's tantamount to a 'Boris' or a 'Rishi'.

It's because they used to have David Silva so I've never really called him "Silva" but nobody else ever does either.

More often than not I call him "that Bernardo cunt".

19 hours ago, dave u said:

He's just a silly old man. I can't hate him.

I live in Malmő where he has God status I’ve put a few people right but most thank him for Malmő FF’s finest hours. There’s a lot of hateful silly old men; being old and silly is no reason to be whitewashed. I’ll never forgive the owl for his attitude and disrespect when he was our manager……cunt of the first order.

6 hours ago, Mudface said:

Just watched the MotD highlights to revel in the Old Trafford boos, and McTominay looked absolutely shocking. Excellent work.

Being dragged down to the level of the shite he's surrounded with. He needs to leave for a West Ham or Fulham where he'll have better players around him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic