You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 5 Toulouse 1 - Match Reaction

tlw content

The Reds continued their 100% record in the Europa League with a routine 5-1 win over Toulouse at Anfield as goals from Jota, Endo, Nunez, Gravenberch and Salah put Klopp's side within one more win of early qualification to the knock out stages.

Chris Smith is joined by John Brennan and TLW Editor Dave Usher to pick through the bones of an entertaining night at Anfield in which Gravenberch shone, Endo bagged his first goal for the club and we were treated to the full Darwin experience.

View full article

• Upvote 7

• dave u pinned this topic

I agree with Dave on the City punishment. It has to be more severe than one relegation.

If they are relegated, they'll piss the Championship and be back where they were a year later. The financial hit they would feel because of that, would be a drop in the ocean to their owners. Cheat, deny, blame and strut to win 5 leagues, numerous cups and you're back after taking a 12 month hiatus. Fuck that. 

Something similar to the punishment that was dished out to Rangers seems realistic and just to me. Hopefully the Premier League have the balls. 

• Upvote 3

Enjoyable pod as usual.

I particularly liked the Endo chat.  From starting with the view of “what was the point in signing him?”, to listing why a signing like him is so important to allowing the squad stay fresh through having a talented mid-level player you can trust in the likes of the UEFA Cup and other knock-out competition early rounds.  I think Jota’s comments from the season we got to all the finals of every trophy that by being competitive in everything that every player stayed fresh and involved has very much been taken on board by Klopp and his coaching team.  Having the quality of the like of Endo so the drop off from the first 11 isn’t huge is vital, and the price we paid for him, I think, is a very good deal for that level of player.

Also, at the next International break I’d like Dave and the lads to do an hour long deep dive Pod into Johns 7 degrees of separation O’Shea/Figo/Him story effort.

• Upvote 2

Chris finished up with an apology for a Pod less interesting than CL pods. That's not true at all, the EL is so more relaxed, its reflected in the Pod. The Europa League is brilliant, I hope we're in it every 6 years, managers hugging each other, away players taking photos of Anfield, kids getting debuts, it's the ultimate pressure free football.

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

Also, at the next International break I’d like Dave and the lads to do an hour long deep dive Pod into Johns 7 degrees of separation O’Shea/Figo/Him story effort.

We mentioned this immediately after we finished and we actually had John as the US President. Initials JB too, read into that what you will.

Your right, on form Jota deserves a starting birth in the team, its mad how many quality attackers we have. I mean Gapko for example strikes me as a player who needs a run of games to get into his groove, its going to heck of challenge to keep them all happy. 

2 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Your right, on form Jota deserves a starting birth in the team, its mad how many quality attackers we have. I mean Gapko for example strikes me as a player who needs a run of games to get into his groove, its going to heck of challenge to keep them all happy. 

The 5 subs, the Europa league and 100 minute games are perfect for us, especially our forwards, if they remain fit. Our 5 forwards will probably get game time in most, if not all, league games that they are available for. The midweek games will give game-time to the ones who need minutes. They will be fresh and hungry but also fit and ready to play. 

• Upvote 1

Liverpool playing 433 with fullbacks bombing on. Getting battered, opposition running right through wide spaces in central areas. Losing and drawing often. Pressure building on Klopp.

Liverpool fans: We've been found out with this 433. Klopp needs to do something different.

Klopp changes the system. Trent starts drifting into the middle, giving more control and support in the central areas alongside the DM. Liverpool go on a great run. Over 25 games, mostly winning with the only defeat being the robbery at Spurs.

Liverpool fans: What the hell is Klopp playing at with this new system? Let's go back to the 433 which other teams had figured out. Let's go back to a system that would expose our lack of a mobile 6. It would surely work.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Liverpool playing 433 with fullbacks bombing on. Getting battered, opposition running right through wide spaces in central areas. Losing and drawing often. Pressure building on Klopp.

Liverpool fans: We've been found out with this 433. Klopp needs to do something different.

Klopp changes the system. Trent starts drifting into the middle, giving more control and support in the central areas alongside the DM. Liverpool go on a great run. Over 25 games, mostly winning with the only defeat being the robbery at Spurs.

Liverpool fans: What the hell is Klopp playing at with this new system? Let's go back to the 433 which other teams had figured out. Let's go back to a system that would expose our lack of a mobile 6. It would surely work.

The counter point to that is we have a midfield now that can run and a team playing with confidence and belief again. I don't think we'd look anything like we did last season if we were to play 4-3-3 again. I actually think we'd have played it in the cups is Bradley hadn't been injured, but who knows.

I'm not even saying we should fully go back to it (I'd like to see it occasionally though). I just think we got much more from Trent when he played right back then we're getting from him currently in this new role. It's still early days though. 

If found guilty City should be stripped of all their titles. They where won by cheating its unacceptable they get to keep that legacy, I'm not saying second place should be awarded it but those years should be null and void it should be forever known that Abu Dhabi destroyed those years and killed the sporting integrity, fans who went the games those years for nothing other than to watch cheat prosper should be compensated. City will buy their way out of it and the Premier league don't want bad PR. I hate City and their owners its all stolen valor from those fucks they have robbed us blind. Klopp should have multiple titles under his name and he gets pundits and former players saying one title isn't great, fuck off his titles where stolen. City will get off with it.

Everton should be relegated. They broke the rules others played by, giving them an unfair advantage and staying up at others expense. Relegation  is the only fitting punishment. The punishments need to be harsh as possible to stop other club owners from coming in and thinking they can do what they please and fuck everybody else. Evertons covid "losses" they don't deserve any sympathy they played billy big bollocks flashed uncle uzzys cash like it was their own. 12 points isn't enough, just 4 losses essentially its nothing.

• Upvote 2

On 27/10/2023 at 18:49, Chris said:

I've been ruminating on a Dave/Trump comparison for a while now. To be revealed on a future pod when he pushes me too far. 

Tantalising. 

*Crosses everything in the hope he’s on the pod when that drops*

• dave u unpinned this topic