You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

26 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I still find it staggering how many non Liverpool fans don't understand what happened.

Most of them genuinely just think it's Liverpool completely overreacting to an error!

Fuck all changes then. Klopp is the new Benitez (Facts!), media twist anything said to suit their narrative, this’ll be next weeks chip paper.

But it won’t be forgotten about by the PGMOL I assure you. The likes of Webb and his cronies are not likely to forgive and forget.

Just watched that discussion between Mike Dean and the pundits on Soccer Saturday. I couldn't blame Paul Merson for losing his rag with him at the end. Dean spent most of the segment just endlessly droning on about the process and the laws of the game when asked as to why the game couldn't have been stopped, as though they were more important than the right outcome.  I'd imagine the laws of the game dictate that if a team scores and there's no reason to disallow it then a goal should be awarded, so it was a bit late to be worrying about laws by that point. He even said that 2 wrongs wouldn't have made a right. That's literally what they would have done in this case as it would have resulted in the correct decision. 

He ignored all the questions about why it all sounded so chaotic and why so many people were talking, instead speaking as if it had been a flawless process that had only been let down by a momentary lapse in concentration when the decision was relayed at the end. I know he's no longer a working official, but he's clearly in touch with a lot of his old mates and it's obvious they just haven't learnt a thing from it. 

And then at the end he couldn't help himself from getting in a dig about the players not knowing the laws of the game (and it's not hard to believe that by extension he was also getting in a dig at fans who have been asking why the game couldn't be stopped this week). Just a smug, arrogant little man who didn't think anyone else's opinion mattered because he knew more than them. A man with a completely warped view of his own intellect and competence. You can imagine most of the current working officials are just like him, and while I don't like the way the players act towards officials on the pitch a lot of the time it's also easy to see how it can be difficult to treat them with respect if that is what their attitude is like when players approach them. 

As an aside, what the hell is Mike Dean wearing? Light blue safari suit is clearly the obvious wardrobe choice for refs if they get a job on telly. 

• Upvote 4

I really don't understand how the Premier League- which is the clubs' owners, basically- have allowed the PGMOL so much power, and why such a wide-ranging get-out clause as 'clear and obvious' has been allowed to be adopted. If it was an attempt to put the refs beyond any suspicion, then it's massively failed.

Just seem this...Dean comes across as an egotistical, arrogant, prick - so pretty much a representation of PGMOL....regardless of being out of it now, he is one of them still at heart.

Talked about absolute bollocks about the training and changes needed - those cunts don't want change - they are too egotistical, too authoritarian and too arrogant to accept failings and do right for the game, the clubs, the managers, the players and the fans.

Cunts.

Merson losing it might have looked shite and a bit silly, but it is understandable when faced with such shite.

Get ready for Taylor and his mates to turn thre screw on us tomorrow - they'll be desperate for any opportunity to what they will see as putting us in our place after all that has been said this week.

Oh and this happened today....

"Play restarted after Sterling's goal before referee Stuart Attwell stopped the game as a check by the video assistant referee (VAR) for a potential offside was still continuing. The goal was eventually allowed to stand."

9 hours ago, mike23 said:

Just watched that discussion between Mike Dean and the pundits on Soccer Saturday. I couldn't blame Paul Merson for losing his rag with him at the end. Dean spent most of the segment just endlessly droning on about the process and the laws of the game when asked as to why the game couldn't have been stopped, as though they were more important than the right outcome.  I'd imagine the laws of the game dictate that if a team scores and there's no reason to disallow it then a goal should be awarded, so it was a bit late to be worrying about laws by that point. He even said that 2 wrongs wouldn't have made a right. That's literally what they would have done in this case as it would have resulted in the correct decision. 

He ignored all the questions about why it all sounded so chaotic and why so many people were talking, instead speaking as if it had been a flawless process that had only been let down by a momentary lapse in concentration when the decision was relayed at the end. I know he's no longer a working official, but he's clearly in touch with a lot of his old mates and it's obvious they just haven't learnt a thing from it. 

And then at the end he couldn't help himself from getting in a dig about the players not knowing the laws of the game (and it's not hard to believe that by extension he was also getting in a dig at fans who have been asking why the game couldn't be stopped this week). Just a smug, arrogant little man who didn't think anyone else's opinion mattered because he knew more than them. A man with a completely warped view of his own intellect and competence. You can imagine most of the current working officials are just like him, and while I don't like the way the players act towards officials on the pitch a lot of the time it's also easy to see how it can be difficult to treat them with respect if that is what their attitude is like when players approach them. 

As an aside, what the hell is Mike Dean wearing? Light blue safari suit is clearly the obvious wardrobe choice for refs if they get a job on telly. 

I’ve just seen this - Go Merson! He was totally right and Dean just gets worse. I think it makes sense to have some ex footballers involved as many of them have said Curtis wasn’t going out to hurt the player whereas Dean said it was a definite red! I turned off after Dean said that and missed this bit in the clip.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday with Merson, when Mike Dean just kept repeating to him "it's the law" in response to why the game couldn't be stopped last week, Merson should have just responded that when he was a ref he didn't mind ignoring the law if it was going to inconvenience his mates.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, suzy said:

I’ve just seen this - Go Merson! He was totally right and Dean just gets worse. I think it makes sense to have some ex footballers involved as many of them have said Curtis wasn’t going out to hurt the player whereas Dean said it was a definite red! I turned off after Dean said that and missed this bit in the clip.

He was bang on the money about the stupidity of the referee’s reaction to the incident.

The problem is that it was Merson, and he found it difficult to articulate what he wanted to say and unfortunately resorted to raising his voice. His point was corrwct but the morons can justify it by saying that Merson was shouting and wasn't making sense. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

He's a cunt who seriously needs taking down a peg or two. 

As I've said on what seems to be an endless amount of threads of refs at the moment, they come across like traffic wardens. Walking around sticking tickets in anything parked in the wrong place for the wrong amount of minutes, regardless of the reason why. What was the phrase from the old "that's life" show,

jobsworth? 

They are an utterly pathetic bread and when you hear the likes of Dean, Gallagher and Walton, it makes you realise why the game is fucked. 

What is good though is Mike Dean has done more in his brief period in tv to show us the minds of a referee and why the current set up needs ripping up and run by adults rather than the petty corrupt cunts it is today, more than anyone could have possibly done with probably a 10 year investigation into refereeing. Lots of these pricks know how to hold a line to sound almost acceptable, like Gallagher for example, but Dean just can't help himself. Let's hope he lasts the season on sky and the other panelists don't get all matey with him. Just put him to the sword and more importantly, get him to run his mouth every week. 

• Upvote 1

The thing I feel the club should persist with is demanding a proper apology. The PGMOL, unless I've missed it as I've tried to return to normality, has not yet apologised. Acknowledging an error isn't saying sorry, it's just a factual observation, like noting it's raining or saying a stew needs more salt. It's not apologising. The first step towards dragging that ludicrous organisation towards a position where it might actually merit some respect is to force it to start showing it to others. An apology is one of the things that shouldn't be allowed to drift out of the debate.

Just now, gkmacca said:

The thing I feel the club should persist with is demanding a proper apology. The PGMOL, unless I've missed it as I've tried to return to normality, has not yet apologised. Acknowledging an error isn't saying sorry, it's just a factual observation, like noting it's raining or saying a stew needs more salt. It's not apologising. The first step towards dragging that ludicrous organisation towards a position where it might actually merit some respect is to force it to start showing it to others. An apology is one of the things that shouldn't be allowed to drift out of the debate.

An apology that is forced, isn't an apology. In the same way when you're forced to respect someone, doesn't actually mean you respect them.

Fuck PGMOL, if we're going to waste time with them, I'd sooner send them videos every week asking them to explain decisions and compare to big decisions they've fucked for us. I'd be asking them for more audios. I want to know what happened on the pen yesterday. It's a clear red for gross, yet a mate of mine said that foul wasn't given and the pen was for the challenge on Diaz, when an attempt to play the ball did happen. I watched again on motd last night and I am pretty sure that's right. So the question has to be asked, why the first one wasn't given? Was it just to make sure Brighton keep 11 players on the pitch? Listening to the audio would be enlightening. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

An apology that is forced, isn't an apology. In the same way when you're forced to respect someone, doesn't actually mean you respect them.

Fuck PGMOL, if we're going to waste time with them, I'd sooner send them videos every week asking them to explain decisions and compare to big decisions they've fucked for us. I'd be asking them for more audios. I want to know what happened on the pen yesterday. It's a clear red for gross, yet a mate of mine said that foul wasn't given and the pen was for the challenge on Diaz, when an attempt to play the ball did happen. I watched again on motd last night and I am pretty sure that's right. So the question has to be asked, why the first one wasn't given? Was it just to make sure Brighton keep 11 players on the pitch? Listening to the audio would be enlightening. 

It's not a binary thing. There aren't a bunch of saints giving unforced apologies. Most apologies are forced - either by conscience or some external pressure. It's quite a foggy issue. But forcing a body to apologise is the first step to making it realise that it's part of the 'process'. You don't let them off just because you think they don't mean it. There's a need for a proper public apology, and if they clench their fists and seeth as they do it, I could not care less.

24 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He definitely gave it for the foul on Diaz, probably in the hope it wasn't a penalty and he could say he played advantage. I'm angier today than I was last week, they sent that cunt out to do us again and he did a perfect job. That free on 94 minutes even had Dunk looking baffled. I don't remember an entire away end basically gasping in horror at a decision like we did for that one, it wasn't the usual anger, it was pure bafflement. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, No2 said:

He definitely gave it for the foul on Diaz, probably in the hope it wasn't a penalty and he could say he played advantage. I'm angier today than I was last week, they sent that cunt out to do us again and he did a perfect job. That free on 94 minutes even had Dunk looking baffled. I don't remember an entire away end basically gasping in horror at a decision like we did for that one, it wasn't the usual anger, it was pure bafflement. 

Officiating apart it was mainly our own fault we dropped 2 points . Pathetic finishing and bad defending by Robertson in the main

5 minutes ago, magicrat said:

Officiating apart it was mainly our own fault we dropped 2 points . Pathetic finishing and bad defending by Robertson in the main

This is not the thread for that. This is discussing referee cheating. We win that game easy if it goes 10v11 as it should have. While we're on the subject of blame I hope Mo is getting his fair share. The reason Alisson lines him in that location to stop exactly that type of cross, he moves sideways to make himself as small as possible, if he stays were he supposed to he blocks that and Taylor needs to find another route back in for Brighton. 

If clubs and fans could get over the partisanship they could organise mass walk off the pitches and refusal to play games until the PGMOL is removed from power and we get a better standard of refereeing but this will never happen as this is only a Liverpool thing.   

5 hours ago, gkmacca said:

It's not a binary thing. There aren't a bunch of saints giving unforced apologies. Most apologies are forced - either by conscience or some external pressure. It's quite a foggy issue. But forcing a body to apologise is the first step to making it realise that it's part of the 'process'. You don't let them off just because you think they don't mean it. There's a need for a proper public apology, and if they clench their fists and seeth as they do it, I could not care less.

how many times have the met apologised over the years and how many times has it changed things? it's no different with these cunts. if you think howard webb making an apology on behalf of PGMOL will make him feel part of the process, then you have a higher opinion  of him than I do. howard webb, as we will see on TV again this week, thinks football is about him, the cunts who work for him and the laws he supposedly enforces - this is his game to treat as he wishes, because he's in charge. it's why he thinks it's important we all show referees respect, while they do absolutely nothing to respect the game itself or earn any respect.