You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Re-connecting with an ex

You’ll both go into this fuelled by nostalgia and a tendency to focus on the positives.

The things that made you ‘exes’ will be airbrushed from your memories, or at least rationalised as ‘it was a long time ago’ or ‘we’re older now’. 

In the end at least one of you will hugely disappointed the other.

You’ll be married by then though, and eating traditional meals from plates in silence, rather than culinary inventions from a red bucket, whilst masturbating.

My advice is to proceed with caution. 

Unless she’s hot. In which case, proceed without caution.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

It's distressing when you see birds on Facebook who you liked or were sniffing around in your 20s and now they look like someone threw a laod of slippers in a pillowcase and put a wig on top.

"Just finished my second stint as full time mummy!" Aka - bum.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's distressing when you see birds on Facebook who you liked or were sniffing around in your 20s and now they look like someone threw a laod of slippers in a pillowcase and put a wig on top.

Nah, that should be empowering.

Distressing is seeing one who is now stunning and working in a top law firm.

• Haha 1

It's nice that the whole balance of power comes full circle. Women on the whole become less attractive with age and men the opposite, due to men and women being attracted to different things. 

When stunners from 20 years ago walk into pubs now the only heads they're turning belong to conservatory salesmen.

Meanwhile, there's two birds in my office in their early 20s and I swear everytime I say something like "my house" or "my wife", they get wide-ons big enough to drydock the Yamato. 

Make such a lasting impression that over a decade later they are caught snooping through your partners Instagram and accidentally liking a post as they scroll in the early hours

Even better when both you and your partners LinkedIn profile have been visited by the same person but in private mode so just comes up with their job title and employer 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The "Have and Don't Want More" zone is a dangerous place to play.

Make her watch all four seasons of Succession back-to-back on an extended first date. If and only if she fully agrees with your commentary about how much you hate and are bored with it should you even consider seeing her again.

Might need to repeat this at least once more to be really certain.

Despite some heinous piss taking, a first step has been taken.

I should say too, that my ex has nothing to apologise or be blamed for, seriously that was all on me, all of it. If I could turn the click back then I would.

Young and extremely stupid, and I am genuinely so incredibly sorry for the mistakes i made.

I need to sleep but I'm 53 and buzzing my tits off.

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I should say too, that my ex has nothing to apologise or be blamed for, seriously that was all on me, all of it. If I could turn the click back then I would.

Young and extremely stupid, and I am genuinely so incredibly sorry for the mistakes i made.

That feeling of being incredibly sorry will stay with you all through the relationship,particularly when you have nothing to feel sorry for in your eyes!

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

If she has a nice , natural and friendly demeanor, I'd say procede with caution.

If she's the type who likes a bit of a verbal scuffle on occasion , run like fuck 

6 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

So, she's been planning her revenge for 34 years?

Good luck. 

• Haha 1