You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: This season is not a true reflection of who we are

TLW

I don’t expect us to win everything or even anything next season, but there has to be significant improvements. We have to qualify for CL, beat teams we should expect to beat, compete like fuck against all the others and play attractive, exciting football, that sets us up for the following few seasons. Jurgen has to be given the support to do this. If he fails then he’s fucked, but I reckon he’s up to the job.

3 minutes ago, bossy said:

I don’t expect us to win everything or even anything next season, but there has to be significant improvements. We have to qualify for CL, beat teams we should expect to beat, compete like fuck against all the others and play attractive, exciting football, that sets us up for the following few seasons. Jurgen has to be given the support to do this. If he fails then he’s fucked, but I reckon he’s up to the job.

If he’s backed and allowed to crack the whip then fine.

23 minutes ago, bossy said:

I absolutely think he's up to the job of significantly improving us (subject to team investment of course) but that doesn't guarantee CL qualification.  Never mind Chelsea and Tottenham, Newcastle are now in the equation, a much improved Mancs, plus of course the current top two. The competition is stronger now.

It's unforgivable that we didn't cement our place at the top table, as much as we possibly could have done, while at the top.

(Cheap bastard FSG cunts)

• Upvote 1

If Klopp is backed and all this talk about ‘next season’ the pressure is really going to be on and any further blips 23-24 will only be magnified. 

Not sure this is going to end well if so. I hope it really is a blip but there does seem to be a deeper rooted issue given how long the team have been serving up these performances.

1 hour ago, bossy said:

Agreed. If 4th is the best we can achieve, it needs to be with the style we achieved in his first few seasons at the club. 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

If Klopp is backed and all this talk about ‘next season’ the pressure is really going to be on and any further blips 23-24 will only be magnified. 

"We have smart owners, they know about the situation," he added.

"There is no need [for me] to be afraid, I am here to deliver, I'm not here as a talisman or for murals on house walls.

"I know I'm still here because of what happened in the last few years.

"I don't like the fact that I pretty much have to rely on that. Is it right or not? We'll see in the future."

18 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

"We have smart owners, they know about the situation," he added.

"There is no need [for me] to be afraid, I am here to deliver, I'm not here as a talisman or for murals on house walls.

"I know I'm still here because of what happened in the last few years.

"I don't like the fact that I pretty much have to rely on that. Is it right or not? We'll see in the future."

Of course, that’s right now though. 

Get it sorted Klopper - been a few years:

On 15/02/2018 at 12:32, TheHowieLama said:

Kloppo:

"Hey Virg -- when you get the chance, just lump it straight up to the beardy fellas foot can ya?"

On 12/01/2019 at 11:16, TheHowieLama said:

Just let the beardy fella dribble through their midfield

On 12/09/2021 at 12:24, TheHowieLama said:

Chuffed for the little beardy.

He makes some atrocious decisions when on the ball.

That gola was a strikers finish. May be time to move him to the middle as he has lost a bit of pace and is not really a threat to go by top players one on one anymore.

3 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I called out VVD's showboating and all round laziness at the start of this season and ruffled a few feathers who refused to see it. He's a  huge part of the problem. I'd have big Nat back in - at least he gives 100% every game.

Said the same myself and got laughed at.

When the crap hits the fan you need players who do the fundamental basics right.

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Phillips over VVD? We've lost the plot here.

I'd rather limited players that are 100% committed over arrogant players living on past achievements and throwing in 40% effort.

The system would need to change to accommodate Nat or CB's of his style. The time for arrogance and showboating has well passed. 

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I'd rather limited players that are 100% committed over arrogant players living on past achievements and throwing in 40% effort.

The system would need to change to accommodate Nat or CB's of his style. The time for arrogance and showboating has well passed. 

How do you feel about Doak in for Salah?

8 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

How do you feel about Doak in for Salah?

I wouldn't do that to the young lad for a number of reasons. A few minutes here and there is good enough, but not as a full time replacement until he's older. It could backfire playing him in an underperformed team and he could lose confidence. We've also got history for overplaying young players and causing them fitness issues further down the line. 

12 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Do we need Big Sam at the wheel?

22 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Phillips over VVD? We've lost the plot here.

And what has VDV done this season? Or Konate? or Matip? Or Gomez?

I'll tell you what, mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. So why not play Phillips? At least he will challenge for every header, he will throw in a tackle and he will make a fist of it. If he makes a mistake then he's no worse than that lot.

It's 100 percent a reflection of who we are. It's not a reflection of who we were. You go into next season with this team they don't suddenly transform for the better, it's done we let a great team go sterile rust and turn to shit. It needs a huge over haul mostly because it really looks like a lot of players have just lost respect for each other and maybe the manager too. A klopp team is built on team ethic and this isn't a team. I'm sick of 433 with players that can't play it swapped for players that can't play it or putting players in positions that blunts them. Klopp needs to look in the mirror this season too. We are shit as shit as any Liverpool team I've seen.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

It's 100 percent a reflection of who we are. It's not a reflection of who we were. You go into next season with this team they don't suddenly transform for the better, it's done we let a great team go sterile rust and turn to shit. It needs a huge over haul mostly because it really looks like a lot of players have just lost respect for each other and maybe the manager too. A klopp team is built on team ethic and this isn't a team. I'm sick of 433 with players that can't play it swapped for players that can't play it or putting players in positions that blunts them. Klopp needs to look in the mirror this season too. We are shit as shit as any Liverpool team I've seen.

We're not at the Christian poulson and Paul konchesky level of shit, just yet. 

But you're bang on though, and klopp cannot be above criticism either. His decision making has been as crap as the midfield he sleep walked into having

• Upvote 1