You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid (H) - CL Round of 16 1st leg, Tue 21st Feb 2023 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Whatever we think about the subs, the coaching etc, it's clear that the quality of player has dropped all over the pitch.

VVD has not been replaced by a lesser player but is nowhere near what he used to be.  Wijnaldum did an incredible job for us, Thiago's contribution is a joke in comparison. And Mane, well, Diaz has been very good and Nunez looks promising but they don't compare, what a player Mane was for us.

But of course it's mostly the midfield that's killing us, to see a clearly struggling/finished Henderson and Fabinho start, and to bring on Elliott and Milner is unacceptable and unforgivable.

it's a very long road back and probably another generation away.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, etho said:

I fucking hate Steve Mcmanaman. 

I actually don't think we've played too badly for large parts of this game and would be beating most sides.

They've scored 2 freak goals really and 4 of them were from bad mistakes. Which is where we're at really. 

we haven't had the ball since twenty five past eight

6 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Explain why I'm wrong, please. 

Have a look at the bench again not one player there I would put into mf? Elliot and Carvalho are not mfielders, Keita and Ox no thanks and then defensively Joel has been shocking of late., Madrid took the early blows didnt panic and took their chances. Lack of buying players at the right time has been seriously exposed.

• Upvote 1

Just now, LFC 6 Times said:

Don’t even know how to analyse that game. Shows how fragile our confidence is. We were in a dream position and just completely lost our heads after Alisson’s mistake.

Everything those cunts touched turned to goal, like a fucking black magic they have in this tournament.

Sickened.

Half our players tried their best to help them to be fair.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Nice of MARCA to let us have McManaman on BT commentary. Fuck me. 

Way more annoying than Carragher is on our games. You can always hear the glee in his voice when he realizes there's a VAR check for one of our goals. 'Oh I think this might be offside.' Sounded like he was absolutely loving that second half. 

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

Don't do it yourself. 

He's not coming here. 

We're a team in decline, without anyone employed in the recruitment department. And not to mention we're owned by a bunch of misering cunts that are looking for someone else to fund a rebuild. 

Why would be come here.... 

Yeah, exactly. Even if FSG decide we can spend for once, he’s got the pick of the mega clubs from Manchester, London and Madrid who he knows will invest every year. If he wants to come to the Premier League, I suspect he’ll end up at Man Utd or Chelsea. Perhaps Arsenal if they want to make a statement. I don’t see what we have to offer, and it’s all because FSG have overseen and encouraged atrophy of the first team squad. 

• Upvote 1

These are fucking brilliant. Got to be the most underrated team ever. 

We are light years away from how streetwise these are. 

We can’t think we’re smart again buying unproven players & kids this summer if we want to give these a game again. We had nothing to turn that around tonight.  Top quality CL experienced players only Jurgs. 

A painful lesson this but one we can learn from.