You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

7 hours ago, Razoray said:

City have been very lucky with transfers lately.

2022 - They wanted Cucarella for £50m and would have let Ake go had they been successful.

2021 - They wanted Kane for £100m and if they had bought him, would not have gone for Haaland a year later. 

2021 - They wanted Ronaldo and got Alvarez instead. 

2019 - Best of all, they wanted Maguire for £70m and after he went to United they bought Dias a year later. 

2018 - They wanted Alexis Sanchez and got Mahrez after being unsuccessful. 

All the while increasing fees and wages for rival clubs who got them instead (except Kane although think he signed a new contract).

10 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Wonder if Chelsea have the Cucurella deal in the back of their minds. Caicedo looks the real deal, but there's always the sense some players just look better playing for Brighton. They've got a great set-up, and didn't miss a beat when Potter left.

Still, they set their benchmark with Fernandez, so can't complain if Brighton ask for £100m.

Kinda hope our flagship summer signing doesn't really fit that billing. Although I suppose he has being boss in the World Cup going for him.

10 hours ago, Razoray said:

City have been very lucky with transfers lately.

2022 - They wanted Cucarella for £50m and would have let Ake go had they been successful.

2021 - They wanted Kane for £100m and if they had bought him, would not have gone for Haaland a year later. 

2021 - They wanted Ronaldo and got Alvarez instead. 

2019 - Best of all, they wanted Maguire for £70m and after he went to United they bought Dias a year later. 

2018 - They wanted Alexis Sanchez and got Mahrez after being unsuccessful. 

They don't need to be lucky though. They could have bought all these players and it wouldn't have affected them because they'd have bought the right ones eventually anyway.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Some news we’ve definitely heard before…

Maybe Lavia is like Candyman - repeat the same story enough times and he’ll magically appear…

Lavia, Latvia, Labia.

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Tottenham on list of clubs supposedly interested in signing Mbappe.

A bit like putting me on the list of people likely to win the London Marathon next year....

Mind you at least they are on it I suppose.

And here comes Spurs on the outside …

F4A5E16D-99CD-4E3A-98F6-39CF9D70AA46.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, joe_fishfish said:

If we get Lavia it means we probably won’t get Andre so I’m hoping Southampton refuse to budge on whatever they’re asking for.

Didn't know the Andre news until I read this post but I want him now, looks like a little pocket battleship.

Swear Andre seems to play himself into trouble and then look to the ref to bail him out a fair bit, based on the three minute research project I conducted.

Still looks a talent, but even more of a project than Lavia.

I'm realistic about this season, it's a transition season, that's why I'm ok with Lavia, or Kone, or a young CB.  

We can't compete with Man City next season over 38 games, I don't think that's a realistic bar right now, but we can win a pot or two with a kind set of cup fixtures.  

Have to look to next summer with realism as well, we may lose Salah and even Van Dijk, they will be older and the Saudis may continue building.  That's fine as long as we plan.  No surprises. 

19 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

If we agreed personal terms weeks ago, surely you’d have him in at the start of pre-season. Why wait till now? Anyone would think we’re as skint as Man Utd.

Wanted Hendo or Fab off the books first, perhaps?

22 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

If we agreed personal terms weeks ago, surely you’d have him in at the start of pre-season. Why wait till now? Anyone would think we’re as skint as Man Utd.

Simple answer is transfers don't work like that.

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm realistic about this season, it's a transition season, that's why I'm ok with Lavia, or Kone, or a young CB.  

We can't compete with Man City next season over 38 games, I don't think that's a realistic bar right now, but we can win a pot or two with a kind set of cup fixtures.  

Have to look to next summer with realism as well, we may lose Salah and even Van Dijk, they will be older and the Saudis may continue building.  That's fine as long as we plan.  No surprises. 

I agree to a point. It’s a great opportunity to take out best 11 and only give them 38 games plus any latter stage games of cups. If it wasn’t for the fact our team needs turning over I’d say it’s a great opportunity for us to have a push for the league. For me it will depend on us regaining our press and VVD finding his form. City have lost big players. That being said if we do see it as a season of transition then we should add another young midfielder on top of Lavia.

What we saying Bumcunt, we still on the Alex Scott train?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

I agree to a point. It’s a great opportunity to take out best 11 and only give them 38 games plus any latter stage games of cups. If it wasn’t for the fact our team needs turning over I’d say it’s a great opportunity for us to have a push for the league. For me it will depend on us regaining our press and VVD finding his form. City have lost big players. That being said if we do see it as a season of transition then we should add another young midfielder on top of Lavia.

What we saying Bumcunt, we still on the Alex Scott train?

Depends on the formation but I think we're still missing a decisive 10.