You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Echo reporting (via a Brazilian source) that the dog thing is a load of shite for fabinho and the stumbling block is the Saudis providing their proof of funds to the banks. 

AML checks getting awkward when the UBO for all these massive transactions is the same dude...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not just 300m. 300m plus wages for 1 year, then he gets his free to Madrid next year. 

Have Daisy, FrenchEyeGlass and beefstroganoff called FSG cunts yet for not gegging in on that action?

I hope Mbappe tells the Saudi’s to fuck off, sits tight at PSG and then leaves on a free.

PSG started this craziness signing Neymar, who is still far and away the worlds most expensive ever player. 

They’ve offered Neymar ridiculous money to play for them, then equally ridiculous sums to sign Mbappe and then even more ridiculous sums / promises to make Mbappe stay.

Fuck PSG. I hope this ruins them.

I’ve no issue with the Saudi league looking to build itself up, this offer is just obscene, grotesque even. It’s so over market value that if it were standard business deal, it would likely fail against competition law.

I know there is a hierarchy in football / sport and we’re lucky that we’re near the top of it, so you could say we’ve benefited from this hierarchy for too long, this Saudi thing is just going to ruin it for everybody else. £200k per week in Europe or £700k per week in Saudi? Unless players grow up wanting the prestige of Liverpool, Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Bayern Munich etc Europe won’t be able to compete and  bankrupt itself trying to keep up (as we’ve already seen this with Barca). 

• Upvote 1