You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, Remmie said:

It is superstition, what the fuck has their passport got to do with anything? 

In fact what point are you even making? Italians are shit. Unless they play in London. Or unless they are Barella. Or Di Canio. Or Ravenelli. 

Name good Egyptians before Salah. It's fucking nonsense. 

Mido was on fire for Wigan for half a season.

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

It is superstition, what the fuck has their passport got to do with anything? 

In fact what point are you even making? Italians are shit. Unless they play in London. Or unless they are Barella. Or Di Canio. Or Ravenelli. 

Name good Egyptians before Salah. It's fucking nonsense. 

You say superstition, I say it’s a pattern that Italian players tend not to settle outside London. 

Has there been an Italians who have settled up north as well as say Alonso, Torres, Reina, David Silva, Rodri, De Gea etc etc etc. 

The Salah comparison isn’t like for like. Italy has a history of producing some of the worlds finest footballers, players you’d expect to produce anywhere in the world. Egypt doesn’t. 

Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Portugal, France etc all have players who have come to the UK and settled & performed well in all parts of the country.

Italy, one of the worlds footballing super powers, doesn’t. 

I’ve also not said it’s “No Italians”, I’ve said given their history outside of London, it’s cause for concern. 

The thing about selling squad players is it’s easier to do and get good money if your team is perceived as being on the up or is doing well. Brighton for example weren’t as good as us over the season, but that’s not the perception. It’s how we got good money for some of ours over the last few seasons. 

46 minutes ago, Anubis said:

ITK account suggesting Thuram is all agreed. Take with a massive pinch of salt.

image.jpeg

Are allowed to post Twitter randomers? 

@Kop3m, doesn’t appear to be much of a bullshitter, references to Thuram this morning as well but is more on the fence.

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

In for Rice now according to the Torygraph.

Arsenal had a £90m bid rejected. Not sure if the Citeh thing is to create bidding war\justify price tag, but this English premium is nuts. ESP with Bellingham going for just £88m

15 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

In for Rice now according to the Torygraph.

Arsenal had a £90m bid rejected. Not sure if the Citeh thing is to create bidding war\justify price tag, but this English premium is nuts. ESP with Bellingham going for just £88m

City who haven’t previously strongly been linked with Rice, are now preparing a £100m+ bid the day WHU reject an offer from Arsenal? 

I’m not dismissing it, it might well be true, it seems a bit too convenient, IMO.

Seems a bit too much something Brady would tell somebody to do

on The Apprentice. 

3 minutes ago, Moo said:

Declan Rice is a very good player. City are likely to lose one or two midfielders, I'd be very surprised if they're not in for him.

I agree Rice is a good player, he’s not the same profile as Gundogan, Silva or Mahrez. 

If Rodri or Phillips (Ha!) were leaving, I’d be more inclined to agree. 

FWIW, I don’t think Kovacic seems City player either. 

Guardiola might be looking to shuffle his line ups again for next season, which if so, then the above might make more sense.