You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Got to be honest, the more I hear about Endo, the more excited I get. He seems a very good player.

The Bundesliga has had a few flops, but it's a very good league. Celebrated players like Veron and Schevchenko have been flops over here so let's see what this lad can do.

2 more players please though.

Problem with Endo is he's now veering from left field surprise signing who comes in and does well to actual expectation on him to rip it up which might not be ideal.

Isn't Hincapie out until October time?

We've been linked with Theate today, if there's any legs in that, and with him being 23, it might explain the renewed push for Gravenberch.

The other thing to consider is that Klopp is supposedly just really high on Gravenberch so while we're saying he's not a 6, he's more of an 8, Klopp might have other ideas for him (like he did with Gakpo)....but then he was high on Nunez as well.

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Frimpong should be bought now. Trent can then play both midfield and RB as needed and Frimpong gets a year to bed in. He's also be classed as a hone grown player which we desperately need. And then he's here when Xabi takes over long term

This. 

Sign a right back who actually wants to play in the position and push Trent into midfield. Solves multiple problems at once. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dave D said:

Not sure of the clamouring for a CB- got plenty of them in my eyes.  

Problem is Gomez has been shite for nearly 2 years. Matip looks as off it as Fabinho did last year and them 2 and Konate are often injured and we no longer have Fabinho to slot in as emergency cover. Though Endo has experience there but that leaves us short at DM

7 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'm concerned how things fall apart when we feel a bit of pressure, the players just lose everything. 35 percent possession v chelseas a merc team with a new manager just controlling us isn't good. Happy with a point but that mental frailty is still just under the surface.

We're a vertical team, we try to get the ball back to front really quickly which means more breakdowns in play and is why the counter press is so important.

We need to be better at changing things up mid game and slowing things down but we never seem to react to that and always try to push when we shouldn't.

12 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Problem with Endo is he's now veering from left field surprise signing who comes in and does well to actual expectation on him to rip it up which might not be ideal.

Yeah it is tough on him in that sense. An unheralded lad from a German team, when a week ago, we were waking up to box office news of Caicedo.

He looks a good player so I'm excited to see him. Dom and Macca are going to be brilliant here. It isn't all doom and gloom, but we definitely need a centre half and a very good one at that. 

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Problem is Gomez has been shite for nearly 2 years. Matip looks as off it as Fabinho did last year and them 2 and Konate are often injured and we no longer have Fabinho to slot in as emergency cover. Though Endo has experience there but that leaves us short at DM

The best I’ve seen Gomez play in the last two years was at right back last season at Chelsea. 

We need Pavard and Kimmich. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

The biggest mistake Kloppo made was to insist on re-signing that washed up fraud Henderson.

Not only were we saddled with a massive salary for a guy who offered nothing offensively, defensively or anything in a non pointing and whining sort of way, it only served to break the working relationship he had with Michael Edwards.

I'd like to think a quick phone call and "You were right, I was wrong, Henderson was crap all along" could repair things?

Bollocks. So he quit because of an extended contract to a captain who had just led us to our first title in 30 years? Bollocks I say.

In 7 years of working together with Klopp, I'm sure there are things Edwards got wrong too. People just elevating him to infallible hero status based on pure speculation. We forget some of the transfer shambles he was also involved in. They were all in it together.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, CapeRed said:

I read an article in The Athletic where , along with usual suspects Exequiel Palacios and Johann Lepenant were mentioned. Lepenant is only 19 ,so more a prospect, and plays under Blanc. Palacios defensive stats look vert good. Anyone seen anything of them in action?

Lepenant supposedly has potential but he has been not great at Lyon. Some of it might be they are quite a mess but they have had other young players who still stand out despite this, and he is not one of them. He should not be an option for us at this moment. Maybe at some point down the line. 

42 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Why the fuck would some of you want Doucoure over Gravenberch?!

What am I not seeing that you're seeing?

Doucoure looks absolutely shit. Like there isn't one thing I've seen about him that tells me he has the skills and technique to play for Liverpool. If you think his main asset is just to win the ball back and give it to the good players, what about the other 80% of the games where teams park the bus and we have all the ball and have to unlock them? What about when we eventually get back into the champions league? 

Gravenberch is clearly more talented on the ball,  he has tons of natural ability and technique/awareness. He's also pretty quick and has the height to succeed in the premier League. You can mould him into a star, polish up his tackling and positioning.

There's no way you're making Doucoure get much better in possession. He's a dog without a bone. A straight line runner who has to smash his opponent because he knows he can't turn fast enough to chase back. I'm hurt, angry and disappointed in you for even suggesting this to me and ruining my morning. 

image.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Because Gravenberch is lazy;he's not a 6 amd bitching because he chose to chase mo ey leaving Ajax top early and hes now bitching that hes behind over Goretkza and Kimmich. Listen to any Bayern fN and they day the same thing. He gives little effort,amd doesn't take his chances when he gets them. There's a reason Tuchel doesn't want him. He's talented and as a long term replacements for Thiago maybe. Buts he's not starting over Mac Callister or Szoboszlai and has shown nothing he'd beat out Jones or Elliot either 

Loan with an option to buy , would be ideal in this case, doubt little Tommy would help with this though