You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, Tuchels not really wrong. Kimmich is a pretty creative player, he creates chances from midfield and finds passes between the lines. It isnt crazy to say that the best use of him is playing him next to a more defensive player. You wouldnt want him playing alone in front of a defense, you would want to give him freedom. 

I don’t know enough either way. From what I’ve read, it’s a bone of contention for Kimmich because he sees himself as a #6.

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Theate, I think, would be an interesting target. He is a warrior on the pitch, verging on being too aggressive and engaged.

Howard Webb sitting in PGMOL headquarters rubbing his hands together at referee target number 1. 

He and his bald headed goons will have a field day

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Howard Webb sitting in PGMOL headquarters rubbing his hands together at referee target number 1. 

He and his bald headed goons will have a field day

It isn't really cards, it's more in the Lovren or David Luiz sense where he chases stuff a little too much. But he is still young and he is more physically gifted than Lovren was so he could learn to channel that and use the aggression more effectively. 

It would be nice to box off some areas of the team before the end of the window. Letting this shit run in to next summer leaves us with a midfield to shore up, defenders to replace, maybe a Nunez to fuck off and most likely succession planning for life without Mo. I imagine the last one is a tactical tweak we’ll need to find because we won’t find a winger who scores 30 goals a season again.

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Its a signing that I can live with and even might have some positives but there's no getting away from the fact that its increadibly small time.

As other have said had we brought in others and he was brought in as a experienced squad player or player to start while a younger player beds in. I don't think there would be any complaints 

37 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

That is true. Before the game on Sunday, they played some Madness song about Chelsea, Parklife and that shitty song they come out to. 

As if I couldn’t dislike them anymore. 

Madness IIRc are gunners fans. Fuckin knuckledraggers should come out to the theme song for 10,000 years b.c.

Expecting players to sign for Liverpool over Chelsea because we used to hoover up trophies 40 years ago & come out to a better song is pretty fanciful when they're paying about double what we are in wages over a longer contract term.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Madness IIRc are gunners fans. Fuckin knuckledraggers should come out to the theme song for 10,000 years b.c.

5 minutes ago, AHA said:

Suggs is a Chelsea fan

It was definitely Suggs singing it. 

I can’t stand Madness or Suggs. 

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Expecting players to sign for Liverpool over Chelsea because we used to hoover up trophies 40 years ago & come out to a better song is pretty fanciful when they're paying about double what we are in wages over a longer contract term.

Chelsea (and lots of other clubs) have been beating us to players over wages for 2 decades. I'm not sure why everyone is so surprised. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

As other have said had we brought in others and he was brought in as a experienced squad player or player to start while a younger player beds in. I don't think there would be any complaints 

Here's how I see it

Positives

* He's a square peg in a square hole. He means we will actually have a six who is fit and who isn't something else. 

* He's waffly versatilbe. Can play the 6, any other midfield position, left sided centre back, full back. He's more versatile than Milner and that is saying a lot.

* He has great tackling tecnique. His tackling stats are the best in Bundesliga. Thats is vital given how shite our tackling has against Chelsea for long streteches. It is a major plus. 

* He's a destroyer, first and foremost but he isn't afraid of getting forwards and he can do well when he does. 

* He seems to be a great guy with a great attitude and will give his all. 

* His injury record is great. 

Negatives

* He probably isn't good enough. If he was going to play that the level Liverpool are at let alone want to be he'd be doing it already by this stage in his career. 

* He isn't getting any younger. 

* He'd be a great free transfer but he's actually costing quite a bit. 

10 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

That'll go down well amongst the more emotional amongst the fanbase.

Coupled with his comments that Endo has been on his list for a while but they don't usually make signings in this age range is it another Klopp crush?

Defo an Arthur or Ben Davies signing, though. 

Could we still sign both Doucoure and Gravenberch?

Lot's of talk on both and they're too different for them to be considered for the same role.

Maybe they go full midfield overhaul (and look at Thiago/Bajcetic as one player in terms of playing time this season) and just not bother with a CB this summer (rightly or wrongly).

Doucoure seems the least likely so Endo is in as insurance and we go one player heavy in that part of the field if they can make it happen?