You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

10 hours ago, No2 said:

Arsenal just done a really weird deal with Brentford for David Raya. It has a huge whiff of 2 PL clubs screaming very loudly that FFP rules need to be complied with.

Its so Brentford dont have to pay some of the money to Blackburn according to my Blackburn supporting mate.

8 hours ago, Denny Crane said:

Bring out simple rules. Clubs can only own no more than 20 senior players or 23 if playing in Europe. Scrap the loan system for players aged over 21 or similar age based on evidence.  

Didn’t the Super league want to do this, for all it’s problems a max roster and salary cap are great ideas from US sport, keeping things competitive etc but when his English or European football been run to be competitive and balanced ?

5 hours ago, clockspeed said:

Maybe before your time but we have form West Hams best player Julian Dicks drafted in to save Souness's managerial career.

First signing I remember was being at Jimmy Carters debut. 

They were Benitez’s actual words that summer “We’ve signed the best player from Middlesbrough and Chile”.

11 minutes ago, Code said:

Its so Brentford dont have to pay some of the money to Blackburn according to my Blackburn supporting mate.

I can't see that, Raya had a year left on his contract, he's just committed to 2 further years at Brentford if this goes wrong. I reckon he's got fairly concrete assurances that this deal is happening next year but the £27m needs to be part of next year's accounts. I'm sure what Blackburn were owed but let's say 5m, that would be on the high side percentage wise, 5m is not enough for the player to get himself involved if these are shenanigans. 

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Doucoure at that price, in this market, is a no-brainer.

Tend to agree. 

If we’re after Fofana as well, he’s allegedly out of contract next summer and only earns £6k per week. Can’t see him costing a huge amount. 

It would just mean any centre back would need to be an U21 or homegrown. 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Tend to agree. 

If we’re after Fofana as well, he’s allegedly out of contract next summer and only earns £6k per week. Can’t see him costing a huge amount. 

It would just mean any centre back would need to be an U21 or homegrown. 

Or we sell someone or don’t give a spot to Adrian 

47 minutes ago, YNWAViking said:

Christian Falk:

TRUE. Liverpool will Start another try for Bayern’s Ryan Gravenberch. Jürgen Klopp never gave up this Transfer.

https://twitter.com/cfbayern/status/1691861920117125317?t=dzBShwZRVrbdz4avlN9Y6Q&s=19

is this fella full of shit? he links us to someone nearly every week and i am still waiting for one to come off. he seems to be regarded as a serious journo, but he doesn't seem a great deal different to romana to me, just another grifter. 

29 minutes ago, redrosetints said:

Didn’t the Super league want to do this, for all it’s problems a max roster and salary cap are great ideas from US sport, keeping things competitive etc but when his English or European football been run to be competitive and balanced ?

The EU rules many years ago that there couldn't be a salary cap, it is a direction that football wanted to go. i have no idea how rugby and more recently the EFL have managed to get around that. 

25 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

And Rel-ease Clause,

Release Clause FC,

We by far the most prudent team,

The world has ever seen…

IMG_9753.png

fabricehawkes? never heard of the cunt! 

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Palace would be the dumbest cunts alive.

but part of the "sell" palace give players is come here for 2 years and get a big move. if the cost of that is a release clause, it's part of doing business. if you said 50m for a DM 12 months ago, seems a great fee. 

7 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

If Queef is staying then who gives a fuck who the third choice keeper is.

Normally I’d agree, we only have 2 Non-HG spots left. If we bought Doucoure and Fofana / Andre then any defender would have to be an U21 or HG. 

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

fabricehawkes? never heard of the cunt! 

but part of the "sell" palace give players is come here for 2 years and get a big move. if the cost of that is a release clause, it's part of doing business. if you said 50m for a DM 12 months ago, seems a great fee. 

Fabrice Hawkins works for RMC in France and is somewhat reliable, but there's no indication he said that anywhere, about a Doucoure release clause.

Unrelated, didn't you say at some point that someone had told you we were looking at Amrabat but were looking for an excuse not to sign him? Do you think we'd be back in for him after this?

I'd find that more likely if that were true.