You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

21 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

No manager sets a budget, but every manager will have an option to sell to buy, to move money around within the budget.  

And you seriously expect me to believe that Klopp doesn't have final say on transfers, within the budget, going ahead or not?  

Cmon. 

The big problem here is that he's spent £250m on attacking players and £40m on defensive players in the past 3 seasons, and even then  we didn't score more than 1 goal in 18 of the 38 games last season.  

I think he gets the say in a footballing sense. I don't think he gets any say in valuing a player. So take lavia for example. He is likely to say "sure buy him". The "club" will say we value him at say 40m. Klopp agrees. If it's more than 40m, we don't sign him and I don't think he has any say at all. It's not his business at that point. When the club fail to sign Lavia because he doesn't have a release.clause, it's back to the drawing board and looking at fucking dewsbury-hall. 

50 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Only got myself to blame got sucked in believing we’d get Bellingham & when that didn’t happen I thought the owners would spend big on the squad this window. 
We’re about to start the season without a No. 6 & we look wide open in pre season games so far. 
My fault for being a gullible twat. 

Same. I was pretty calm and optimistic a few weeks ago. Thought there was no way we'd let Fabinho and Henderson go without having deals in place.

No CB, no No 6, and shipping goals by the bucketload in pre-season has suck the optimism out of me right now. Feels like we'll kick the can down the road to January right now.

7 hours ago, bossy said:

A mate who has a mate (I know, I know) who works at the training ground reckons we’re actively negotiating with 7 different clubs to buy 2 midfielders and a CB. The clubs all wanted more money once news about the Saudi deals started breaking, hence the delays. That’s as good as some Twitter report I reckon. 

image.gif

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think he gets the say in a footballing sense. I don't think he gets any say in valuing a player. So take lavia for example. He is likely to say "sure buy him". The "club" will say we value him at say 40m. Klopp agrees. If it's more than 40m, we don't sign him and I don't think he has any say at all. It's not his business at that point. When the club fail to sign Lavia because he doesn't have a release.clause, it's back to the drawing board and looking at fucking dewsbury-hall. 

I dunno, Klopp is box-office, he doesn't have to work under those conditions and he certainly doesn't need to keep quiet about it if he did. 

Take Lavia for example, he knows he's not 'worth' £50m, we all know that, so why pursue it?  He could tell them to stop bidding and move on.  He could have done that 2 weeks ago.  It's risk/reward isn't it.  He encouraged bidding to continue because we might get them to budge on a low £40m offer, but he did so knowing that Southampton might hold out and leave him dangerously short of DM options just a week before the season starts.  That just wasn't worth the risk. 

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

With that said, it is clear that he seems to get on well enough with the owners on a personal level.

When you realise your wife, and even your business partner, are besotted. And it’s not with you.

JS126680322.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, bossy said:

A mate who has a mate (I know, I know) who works at the training ground reckons we’re actively negotiating with 7 different clubs to buy 2 midfielders and a CB. The clubs all wanted more money once news about the Saudi deals started breaking, hence the delays. That’s as good as some Twitter report I reckon. 

By 'we', does he mean Chelsea? They are like Watford a few years ago, signing a new player every fucking day. I wonder what the Chelsea forum Daisy's moan about.

14 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I dunno, Klopp is box-office, he doesn't have to work under those conditions and he certainly doesn't need to keep quiet about it if he did. 

Take Lavia for example, he knows he's not 'worth' £50m, we all know that, so why pursue it?  He could tell them to stop bidding and move on.  He could have done that 2 weeks ago.  It's risk/reward isn't it.  He encouraged bidding to continue because we might get them to budge on a low £40m offer, but he did so knowing that Southampton might hold out and leave him dangerously short of DM options just a week before the season starts.  That just wasn't worth the risk. 

Our equation of value in regards to Lavia is nonsense. If you look at what he's done in his career, bidding 41m for him would already seem excessive, but that's not why you're bidding that for him. You're bidding that because presumably you think he'll be a top player. 

Honestly, Lavia might be worth more than 50m in this market. I said it at the beginning of this terrible saga; it's similar to Colwill. Do you have the stones to make what looks like an overpay now for a really talented young player? Colwill signed an extension so he's off the table, but if you don't have the stones, just fuck off. 

Which is why I'm hoping this is simply us waiting for a top player to become available and not us being pussies about the fee.