You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup Final 2022 - Argentina v France

Bjornebye

Who are you rooting for?   

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who are you rooting for?

• Argentina Argentina Argentina
    • Les Blues
    • I'm not arsed The Bitch is on holiday therefore we're all on holiday

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/12/22 at 12:00

I was stupid enough to doubt Mbappe, but he imposed himself on a huge game today in situations that couldn’t be any more high pressure. He’s out on his own now in terms of being the world’s best. He should really move to a proper league and club though.

Rabiot is boss too, though no doubt a difficult character.

5 hours ago, Heinze said:

Mfloppe

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

And now 70 minutes of Argentina rolling around on the pitch.

An appropriately shite finish to a shite world cup.

5 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

M'Crappe

Didn't age well.

4 hours ago, Pungkoq Hang said:

Well, with Otamendi playing France will always have a chance. What a clown...

4 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

That ref has another penalty in him.

Did age well.

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

There’s no way on earth Argentina will be able to maintain composure during penalties - France will score all of theirs, but I’ll be shocked if Argentina score a couple.

Didn't age well.

Cracking game, best WC final in my lifetime. I'm like @John102 in that robe thing really annoyed me. Images from Bobby Moore to Maradona are iconic, now we will have Mbappe lifting it with a cowboy hat on in 4 years.

Fuck Qatar and the stain on the game they are.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I honestly thought the opposite. He is slow as fuck and dwells on making decisions. I would have had him off at HT but then again WTF do I know.

I thought he was everywhere, blocked a certain Messi goal and was good going forward again. He seemed to improve as the game went on too until he was too wrecked to continue. Seems to be able to do most midfielder stuff, which is rare these days. I could be wrong either though! 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I was underwhelmed by Rabiot and Tchoumeini today. Argentina passed around them, through them and over them.

They were outnumbered. Things improved dramatically once Camavinga came on. Crazy that it took until then really. LFC bias aside, surely Konate should have featured from the start too. Dembele and Upamecano were poor.

5 hours ago, Grinch said:

2-2 with Francs playing football for about two minutes of this games.

Martinez should have saved both Mbappes goals, certainly the second.

Martinez has played in 7 World Cup games, conceded 8 goals, and made 7 saves. He didn't make a single save in 3 of the games and made none in the 90 minutes today.

He won goalkeeper of the tournament for penalty shootout saves. Ridiculous 

5 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Martinez has played in 7 World Cup games, conceded 8 goals, and made 7 saves. He didn't make a single save in 3 of the games and made none in the 90 minutes today.

It won them 2 crucial games, including the final. 

10 minutes ago, Razoray said:

To be fair to him, he's got Otamendi in front of him, which is basically Maguire with a shit beard. 

He made a huge save late against Australia to prevent extra time. He made a huge save today to stop France from winning it late. And he made great saves in both shootouts he was in. 

In the really big moments, he's stood up, annoying cunt or not. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, A_S said:

To be fair to him, he's got Otamendi in front of him, which is basically Maguire with a shit beard. 

He made a huge save late against Australia to prevent extra time. He made a huge save today to stop France from winning it late. And he made great saves in both shootouts he was in. 

In the really big moments, he's stood up, annoying cunt or not. 

Had his Dudek-Shevchenko moment at the end of extra time today.

image.png

• Upvote 2