You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool enter talks with Saudi Arabian and Qatari consortiums over a potential £3BILLION takeover

Paulie Dangerously

4 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

It's to get the gullible on side saying 'I dont care about the human rights issues or the sportswashing etc, it means my club can compete on level terms with the rest of the odious sports washed clubs and sports.'

Meanwhile, the human rights abuse, slavery etc continues unabated while fans celebrate goals and complain not enough has been spent on the latest next big name in the game.

Yep its all about image 

We had two options Superleague or mega rich (sportswashing) owners.  Dipshits didn’t want a Superleague and the FFP that would have brought now we either get mega rich owners whomever they may be or were pretty much finished bar a cup here or there.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I still can't work out what the sportswashers long term goal is?

Why are they throwing all this money at football and golf?

Its easy. PR, propaganda and turning a blind eye

'let us continue to stone the gays and persecute women with any liberal thoughts' so long as we buy you the next Messi/Ronaldo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

I'll hold my hands up, I'll take the sportswashers at this stage. 

We just got battered by Brighton ffs. I can turn a blind eye to something happening a 10 our flight from me, if we can actually give klopp a few bob. 

Now neg away

Won't neg but this is a mistake.

We don't need a City/PSG/Newcastle oil rich state to be competitive.  If FSG really wanted to they could probably afford to finance the club correctly.  We don't need billions spending on us, we as a club generate huge revenue.  We just need a little bit more finanical freedom to freshen up the squad when its required. It probably only equates to £40-50m additional funds every transfer window

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I feel like it must be more than that though.

I think about the influence of Russian money in Chelsea/Westminster and feel that they must have a bigger end game?

They probably already own more of London and parts of British industry contracts than the Ruskies ever did so I have to disagree.

It's all about nullifying the attention of the decadent West on what goes on in their region, from human rights, slavery, mysogyny etc, etc in my opinion.

My worry is that its more like a trojan horse strategy?

Rather than us turning a blind eye to what they do, how long before they start suggesting that we follow their rules and live the way they do? 

The sceptic in me doesn't believe that they are throwing this level of money around unless they have deeply sinister long term plans.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

We don't need a City/PSG/Newcastle oil rich state to be competitive.  If FSG really wanted to they could probably afford to finance the club correctly.  We don't need billions spending on us, we as a club generate huge revenue.  We just need a little bit more finanical freedom to freshen up the squad when its required. It probably only equates to £40-50m additional funds every transfer window

The problem is that an extra £40/50 million won't be enough though soon. As the money keeps flooding in it will just keep driving fees up and up.

Let's look at this summer for instance.

I'm sure we'd have loved to have gone for Haaland and apparently we did everything we could to appeal to Mbappe, but in financial terms we had absolutely zero per cent chance of ever signing either! 

15 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Rather than us turning a blind eye to what they do, how long before they start suggesting that we follow their rules and live the way they do? 

The sceptic in me doesn't believe that they are throwing this level of money around unless they have deeply sinister long term plans.

That's a bit much. They basically just want the world to acknowledge that they exist, through these very visible investments.

21 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I've always thought it was visibility. Get westerners to visit, establish yourself as well known nation and you're safe. Even the fact there are probably 50k European's living there now makes it more difficult to bomb. Places like Yemen can get blown to smithereens and nobody cares because its a dot on the map you wouldn't pinpoint in 20 goes. Afghanistan and Iraq are easy to bomb, they're aren’t any blonde's with new lips posting pics on Instagram. 

What doesn't fit into that narrative is the fact they continue to spend, after a world cup Qatar would have already met the above criteria. 

15 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The problem is that an extra £40/50 million won't be enough though soon. As the money keeps flooding in it will just keep driving fees up and up.

Let's look at this summer for instance.

I'm sure we'd have loved to have gone for Haaland and apparently we did everything we could to appeal to Mbappe, but in financial terms we had absolutely zero per cent chance of ever signing either! 

IMG-20230115-WA0026.jpg

God bless Qatar! Those ‘civilian mass graves’ are just western lies and they’re not that big anyway plus they asked to be killed. The slaves there are happy to have a job. The tortured and disappeared people are actually in Disneyland and love their government.

34 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

God bless Qatar! Those ‘civilian mass graves’ are just western lies and they’re not that big anyway plus they asked to be killed. The slaves there are happy to have a job. The tortured and disappeared people are actually in Disneyland and love their government.

Yeah but you need to turn a blind eye to that because we lost a game of football....

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, George Costanza said:

Clearly its not as easy as that, if it was, surely someone would have done it by now. 

Utd have spent a fortune these past ten years, but they're in a shit load of debt for it, it appears to me, that's the only other option. 

Is either mega rich owners, or debt. Fuck it, I'll take mega rich instead

8 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Clearly its not as easy as that, if it was, surely someone would have done it by now. 

Utd have spent a fortune these past ten years, but they're in a shit load of debt for it, it appears to me, that's the only other option. 

Is either mega rich owners, or debt. Fuck it, I'll take mega rich instead

The Man Utd owners have taken lots of money out of the club, without doing that they wouldn’t have anywhere near their current level of debt.

It's good to know Twitter isn't just a load of bollocks. On the last page it was confirmed that investment groups from Singapore, Dubai and Qatar have completed a deal to buy the club. Fantastic insider knowledge from the Twitterati.

Fuck off, Twitter. Fuck off generally but also fuck off from this website and from slowing the forum down.

• Upvote 1