You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Emergency Ward 10 - The Injuries Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, an tha said:

A week does not go by where we don't lose someone for a significant period.

Yeah we’ve hardly gone a game this season when someone picks up long term or knocks funny city don’t have this problem then again I’m intrigued if this happens to us next season it’s been going on for a few years this

40 minutes ago, Dapower said:

Yeah we’ve hardly gone a game this season when someone picks up long term or knocks funny city don’t have this problem then again I’m intrigued if this happens to us next season it’s been going on for a few years this

Some of it is deffo related to style of play 

We have also had some rotten luck at times  - The recent Jota one for example and Tsimikas with Klopp. 

Training injuries have been the area at times where I have wondered what the fuck are we up to!

Most of the lads that have returned from injury have been shite. Klopp has said we don't train, we just recover, surely that has something to do with it, the intensity isn't there in training for the lads to pick it up. Robbo has been better in recent weeks and Ali just strolled back to world class but the rest have been miles worse than the kids that covered for them.

56 minutes ago, No2 said:

Most of the lads that have returned from injury have been shite. Klopp has said we don't train, we just recover, surely that has something to do with it, the intensity isn't there in training for the lads to pick it up. Robbo has been better in recent weeks and Ali just strolled back to world class but the rest have been miles worse than the kids that covered for them.

It took robbo 4-6 weeks to be right. They have had long lay offs, I think it was inevitable that they'd be a bit rusty. The question is can we win games while getting them back on it. I think there's just too many - Curtis, Jota, Trent, Salah, dom all short of their best. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It took robbo 4-6 weeks to be right. They have had long lay offs, I think it was inevitable that they'd be a bit rusty. The question is can we win games while getting them back on it. I think there's just too many - Curtis, Jota, Trent, Salah, dom all short of their best. 

I'd agree Jones and Jota look rusty, Mo, Ibou and Trent don't look fit, Trent over stayed his welcome last night by a good 10 minutes, I thought Jurgen was poor on that one. 

3 hours ago, No2 said:

I'd agree Jones and Jota look rusty, Mo, Ibou and Trent don't look fit, Trent over stayed his welcome last night by a good 10 minutes, I thought Jurgen was poor on that one. 

Trent looks quite a bit off it. My guess is we played him further to get him closer to the required level. If we can get through these 3 games ahead somehow, then we get an 8 day break, where they can hopefully train a bit. This next week is find a way to squeeze enough out of them to not drop points. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Agree with this. The season’s been fucked over by the number and length of the injuries. It’s not just the absence of key players, but the build up of fitness and rhythm once they’re back. And the fact that we’re dependent on a small core of players to keep the ship afloat during this time. Mac is the best example of one of that core who is clearly goosed having played 90 minutes SIX times in 19 days. Arsenal, and to an extent City, on the other hand have gotten off extremely lightly in this respect. 

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Portuguese Fowler will have missed about 75 games in 4 years and will still be everyone's favourite player somehow. Just bad luck with him, but everyone else is a made of glass pussy.

His brittleness is pretty well acknowledged on here, with plenty suggesting we need to get rid of him because he can’t be relied on.

It’s a shame, as he’s world class in his limited fit spells.

Anyway, it’s a big blow for the rest of the season.