You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RIP Liverpool v Wolves 10-9-22

Chip Butty

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Maybe. Which is why they should have got games in while they can. Although I imagine London will be chaos next week. 

I have to admit, if it goes ahead and the funeral is either side of it, I’m already dreading going to Chelsea. I hate London and the Underground at the best of times. It’ll just be heaving and chaos.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I have to admit, if it goes ahead and the funeral is either side of it, I’m already dreading going to Chelsea. I hate London and the Underground at the best of times. It’ll just be heaving and chaos.

I was supposed to be going down next week for work. Tried booking hotels this morning and they're mental prices or booked already. Even shitholes like the apoint are over 250 quid a night. There must be all kinds of people shipping in for the whole week. 

Post World Cup schedule...

26/12 - Villa A

31/12 - Leicester H

2/1 - Brentford A

7/1 - FA Cup

10 or 11/1 - League Cup

14/1 - Brighton A

21/1 - Chelsea H

24 or 25/1 - League Cup Semi

28/1 - FA Cup

31/1 or 1/2 - League Cup Semi

4/2 - Wolves A

11/2 - Everton H

14 or 15/2 - CL last 16 1st Leg

18/2 - Newcastle A

21 or 22/2 - CL last 16 1st Leg

25/2 - Palace A / League Cup Final

1/3 - FA Cup

4/3 - Man Utd H

14 or 15/2 - CL last 16 2nd Leg

11/3 - Bournemouth A

14 or 15/3 - CL last 16 2nd Leg

So, gaps look to be...

Potentially any League Cup dates

17 or 18/1

7 or 8/2

Otherwise we're looking into further re-arrangements with FA Cup dates etc.

10 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If you want to sell your ticket let me know....

I live down in the shithole these days!

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

They should have asked Rugby and Cricket what they were doing and followed.

Can't help but feel the PL/ FA have tried a bit of oneupmanship in being the first to announce postponements; and got it wrong. Similarly, so have BHB in regards to horse racing....

All the travel plans, hotels booked, etc You can bet people will struggle to get refunds.......

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It'll be fantastic. Until we then have to play 3 games per week literally until the end of the season, if we advance in the cups. The players may literally fall over, like that cunt Keita.

As long as we bring in another midfielder on loan that hasn't played for 3 months I'm sure we'll be fine.

Football is different to cricket and horse racing. Cricket can't be rearranged for November and horse racing is very weather dependent too for the flat, age is factor too. Golf is another sport with a very fixed schedule, those lads don't have a free week to reconvene. 

52 minutes ago, deiseach said:

Fear not, there'll be some football in the UK this weekend:

Well done lads. 

I've just found out that they've cancelled all the kids games where I referee. I was due to ref an under 11s game. Pretty pathetic at that age group even if I understand some professional games being cancelled for a funeral.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well I'm sure they can't be bothered, but that's the job. There's barely any police at the football anymore anyway, it's nearly all stewards. 

One of the papers were saying we may not play for nearly a month in the PL because the Chelsea match was unlikely to go ahead if the funeral was the following day.

47 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Well done lads. 

I've just found out that they've cancelled all the kids games where I referee. I was due to ref an under 11s game. Pretty pathetic at that age group even if I understand some professional games being cancelled for a funeral.

They've cancelled a local park run near where I live. I just don't even.

Having just spoken to my wife, who seems to think seven days of national mourning have been announced like this was Iran after Ayatollah Khomeini died  - there's something about seven extra days of royal mourning out there if you want to Google it, which means what exactly, they'll be extra bone idle for that period the fucking parasitical cunts - I don't see how football gets restarted until several days after Brenda is buried. I mean, if it's disrespectful tomorrow why is it any less disrespectful any time between now and then? And as for the Ajax game the flag shaggers (© Dave Usher) are going to be stoked at the prospect of disrespect, and the Kop will be only too happy to oblige. What a mess.

53 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Well done lads. 

I help manage my son's under 12s team, supposed to first game of the season tomorrow and vital was cancelled yesterday, needless to say the kids are gutted, as am I.