You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

I like the way they think that all of their problems will magically disappear once the Glazers fuck off. They've spent tons of cash and hired Mourinho and Van Gaal. They have never needed a Micheal Edwards because they just lash tons of money at transfers and players until they can't turn them down. 

The stadium was completely rebuilt in the 1990s and is the biggest club ground in the country. They could possibly extend over the railway line to make the place bigger but its not like Liverpool's old Main Stand and the crap 1997 ARE extension. 

Just wondered why them having access to even more money will make much difference when whatever manager they get never has to worry about selling players like Ten haag didn't in the summer and most of the ones they've had since 2013. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think it was someone on here who called Skrtel "the assassin-faced baby".

It was Barney Ronay in the Guardian.

It's up there with him comparing Fellaini chasing a loose ball to a cartoon dandelion.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

I like the way man utd fans say Nunez is shite and a waste of money. Conveniently forgetting some of the utter shite players theyve been buying or ruining for about 12 years. 

Pogba

Maguire

Antony

Martial

Alexis Sanchez

Di Maria

Mata

Martinez

They bought some cunt from Atalanta for 40m and he was on loan at Sunderland last season. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

I like the way man utd fans say Nunez is shite and a waste of money. Conveniently forgetting some of the utter shite players theyve been buying or ruining for about 12 years. 

Pogba

Maguire

Antony

Martial

Alexis Sanchez

Di Maria

Mata

Martinez

They bought some cunt from Atalanta for 40m and he was on loan at Sunderland last season. 

They all wanted Nunez when he was linked but like the spotty kid in school who gets turned down by the girl he fancies, they lick their wounds and say they didn't want him anyway.

They declared him shit and a waste of money whilst they were watching that Antony pony stink the place out.

24 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

My United supporting friends want most of the players out. One said that Ragnick told them they needed to bin half their players and they should have listened to him. Thing is they have replaced half their team. Problem is it’s all the shit ones.

They have since bought two goalkeepers, a centre-back, a left-back, 2 midfielders, a winger and a striker, spending £400m.

They have also loaned in another left-back, 2 midfielders and a forward during that time.  

They did what Ragnick told them to do. They've just bought more of the same. It's been a mixture of older types, questionable characters and players that aren't at the required standard. All this with fuck all long term strategy. 

Long may it continue.

• Upvote 1

What they also hate is that during the 90s and 00's they could blow everyone else out of the water if they wanted a player. Now you have 4 or 5 other teams who can either financially compete or can offer a good chance of winning things. They can still offer more in transfer fees and wages than most but players may want to play for Guardiola or Klopp. 

Back then Ferguson just signed who he wanted and the only clubs who could outdo them were Real and Barca and maybe Juventus. You were pretty much guaranteed to win trophies if you played for Man Utd.

Even average players won more in their teams than some great ones playing for other teams which is why Phil Neville, John O Shea and Wes Brown hung around doing fuck all for years. 

The Casemiro signing is now looking like what it was all along. Bad process. Good for one season, bad move overall. Onana, I cant believe how bad thats going. Hojlund does look pretty good, though. That could be a source of optimism. 

ten Haag just is a bit of a twat, though, isnt he. If he is the same guy behind the scenes as he seems to be in the media, I dont know how anyone would like to play for him. 

1 hour ago, 3 Stacks said:

The Casemiro signing is now looking like what it was all along. Bad process. Good for one season, bad move overall. Onana, I cant believe how bad thats going. Hojlund does look pretty good, though. That could be a source of optimism. 

ten Haag just is a bit of a twat, though, isnt he. If he is the same guy behind the scenes as he seems to be in the media, I dont know how anyone would like to play for him. 

Plus Brazilians normally have even less of a shelf life compared to others. Majority of them seem to lose motivation after they reach 30. 

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The most damaging thing is the bringing in of ex-Ajax players. They've spent a fortune on Martinez, Antony and Onana. 

Reflects really badly on a manager when they do that. 

Klopp resisted the temptation with us, and I don't remember Guardiola doing it either, and both had worked with better footballers than Ten Hag at their old clubs. 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The most damaging thing is the bringing in of ex-Ajax players. They've spent a fortune on Martinez, Antony and Onana. 

Reflects really badly on a manager when they do that. 

Klopp resisted the temptation with us, and I don't remember Guardiola doing it either, and both had worked with better footballers than Ten Hag at their old clubs. 

Probably thought they'd clean up...~

Coat on, out the door. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Casemiro wasn't even good for one season. He made a really good start but he has been woeful since the players returned after the world cup.

He looks miles of it physically. You can count on one hand the amount of good games he's had in 2023.

United are lucky that they will probably get a big offer for him from Saudi Arabia, because that's his level now.