You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

3 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

They’ll do what they want.

Of course.

Not anymore apparently.  My manc neighbour was moaning about ref decisions against them so far this season.  Nearly bit my tongue off. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Jota, Nunez, Diaz and Fabinho was too. The lad we're after in January andrade is it? I don't know where you can check that stuff. I do know he's at anfield a lot. 

I guess -- those fellas would definitely be second tier clients for him if so.

He was/is Wolves main guy?

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Dissension amongst the ranks regarding the treatment of De Gea is the latest story I've seen online.  Won't link article though due to source.  

Here’s the story 

All very unfortunate

"The United squad were left fuming when former No 1 De Gea was shoved out of the side door this summer after 12 years. De Gea is still searching for a new club after leaving on a free transfer once United failed to take up their option of extending his deal by 12 months. He was a hugely popular member of the United squad and won the Premier League Golden Glove award last season for the highest number of clean sheets."

41 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Here’s the story 

All very unfortunate

"The United squad were left fuming when former No 1 De Gea was shoved out of the side door this summer after 12 years. De Gea is still searching for a new club after leaving on a free transfer once United failed to take up their option of extending his deal by 12 months. He was a hugely popular member of the United squad and won the Premier League Golden Glove award last season for the highest number of clean sheets."

According to the Guardian, if he can’t find a top side where he’ll be number one then he’ll retire. 
Obviously we’ll all have our own thoughts - possibly identical thoughts - on whether he’s good enough to be a number one for a top side. But I’ve still gotta say fair enough. He’s turned down the Saudis, he’s not gonna do a Pepe and spend several years warming the bench of Europe’s elite - it’s trophies or retirement. 

9 minutes ago, Ron B said:

According to the Guardian, if he can’t find a top side where he’ll be number one then he’ll retire. 
Obviously we’ll all have our own thoughts - possibly identical thoughts - on whether he’s good enough to be a number one for a top side. But I’ve still gotta say fair enough. He’s turned down the Saudis, he’s not gonna do a Pepe and spend several years warming the bench of Europe’s elite - it’s trophies or retirement. 

I read it more as no one is willing to match his ridiculous wages but if he turned down Saudi then maybe not.

5 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I read it more as no one is willing to match his ridiculous wages but if he turned down Saudi then maybe not.

His offer (that was agreed then rescinded) from United was said to be less than half of what he was on. Still, even 150k a week for a keeper is a luxury few teams have. Onana is on less.

De Gea was shite for the last few years, but it's still a pretty cunty thing to do to offer him a new contract and then withdraw it.

Ten Hag has been incredibly ruthless so far. You can't be like that all the time though. I wonder if De Gea thinks that Ten Hag is going to get the chop and he can worm his way back in.

Manchester United winger Antony has flown back to England from Brazil and has agreed to meet Greater Manchester Police to answer questions about the serious allegations made against him.

It is understood the 23-year-old is willing to surrender his phone to GMP to aid their investigation.

His ex-partner Gabriela Cavallin made allegations of abuse via Brazilian news outlet UOL, which Antony denies.

Further assault allegations followed from Rayssa de Freitas and Ingrid Lana.

United say they are taking the allegations "seriously" and have granted Antony leave with full pay to deal with the allegations.

It is understood the 23-year-old spoke to Greater Manchester Police on Thursday and no restrictions were placed on him following the interview.

United sources say he has provided evidence in support of his strong denials of the allegations.

He has not been arrested or charged in either Brazil or the UK.

In a statement, United said: "As Antony's employer, Manchester United has decided that he will resume training at Carrington and be available for selection, while police inquiries proceed.