You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

I've said some harsh things about him but I don't think bashing him into a bloody stump will do any good. 

He's a decent player with good potential and some good attributes. 

Is he good enough for where we want to be? I have never thought so which is why when there was an initial poll about whether we should sign him I was one of the relatively few people who voted no and I have always thought we grossly overpaid for him. 

He is a Liverpool player though and there is no point in using him as a whipping boy for how the season ended, especially as it was hardly his fault alone. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

This was incredibly poor. Absolutely no composure. 

IMG_1453.jpeg

That wasn’t great, was it?

Three choices:

1) round the keeper, who has came out flying, and finish it into an empty net.

2) Square it to your 6’3 mate who has an open goal.

3) Blast at the massive fella running straight at you.

I like the guy, but a season of watching him Diaz and Salah conspire to do this regularly is exhausting.

• Upvote 4

Its getting ridiculous reading how he is a promising player. He is 25 next month and has had 1 exceptional season in his career, one season where he scored plenty of league goals. his league goals since moving to Europe

Almeria Spanish 2nd division 16

Benfica 6 and 26

Liverpool 9 and 11

He has one stand out season to his name. 

He is a 85ml plan B/back up player

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Its getting ridiculous reading how he is a promising player. He is 25 next month and has had 1 exceptional season in his career, one season where he scored plenty of league goals. his league goals since moving to Europe

Almeria Spanish 2nd division 16

Benfica 6 and 26

Liverpool 9 and 11

He has one stand out season to his name. 

He is a 85ml plan B/back up player

The stand out season was in empty stadiums 

I’ve defended him to most and hoping he will come good but today was a fucking shite showing after he came on he can’t finish the easy chances and can’t stay onside for toffee something which Richarlison can and that tells me everything time to let go I think and Diaz is shite too

More comments about Nunez than our brilliant 4-2 win or any aspect of it which is a tad bizarre. Mr public enemy number 1 no matter whether he starts, doesn't, is subbed or comes on with the game already done.

Always going to back players who give their all and who I enjoy watching play and Nunez is a player I enjoy watching play....his movement is the best we have amongst our forward players which is why he's on the end of all our chances if not creating them , I understand people wanting to shit on him for missing chance after chance but it gets a little much when it's all it's being talked about after a win.

Be happy and enjoy the win, that's what football is supposed to be about.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

That wasn’t great, was it?

Three choices:

1) round the keeper, who has came out flying, and finish it into an empty net.

2) Square it to your 6’3 mate who has an open goal.

3) Blast at the massive fella running straight at you.

I like the guy, but a season of watching him Diaz and Salah conspire to do this regularly is exhausting.

He tried to open up his body and side foot over his arm/shoulder which really isn't the worst option to take.....keeper did well to spread himself and get good contact on it. Problem is we don't really know what he's thinking at this stage, the thought to round the keeper may've entered his mind, but then you risk the possibility of overthinking it....do I round the keeper coming in or going out, or what if the keeper takes me out as I go round him.

7 minutes ago, Binomial said:

More comments about Nunez than our brilliant 4-2 win or any aspect of it which is a tad bizarre. Mr public enemy number 1 no matter whether he starts, doesn't, is subbed or comes on with the game already done.

Always going to back players who give their all and who I enjoy watching play and Nunez is a player I enjoy watching play....his movement is the best we have amongst our forward players which is why he's on the end of all our chances if not creating them , I understand people wanting to shit on him for missing chance after chance but it gets a little much when it's all it's being talked about after a win.

Be happy and enjoy the win, that's what football is supposed to be about.

Didn't you single out players before the game even started?

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Watching Gakpo's goal today, he can see that the cross is going to come in, so he takes a step back to make sure he's onside. That's a basic thing that you'd expect any striker to do instinctively, but Nuñez is not just any striker.

37 minutes ago, Binomial said:

He tried to open up his body and side foot over his arm/shoulder which really isn't the worst option to take.....keeper did well to spread himself and get good contact on it. Problem is we don't really know what he's thinking at this stage, the thought to round the keeper may've entered his mind, but then you risk the possibility of overthinking it....do I round the keeper coming in or going out, or what if the keeper takes me out as I go round him.

I think I was being uncharitable by saying he leathered it at the keeper, but the point was about composure.

Situations like this are how Fowler and Rush made their reputations. 

10 hours ago, Binomial said:

All I ask is please no Jones and please no Harvey.

9 hours ago, Binomial said:

Oh and ideally no Salah.

27 minutes ago, Binomial said:

Dunno what you’re talking about pal.

• Upvote 1

It was my first game for a couple of months yesterday, but it felt like the crowd lost patience with him yesterday. A huge audible groan when he was offside about 30 seconds after coming off and then some real frustration when he biffed that one on one. Not sure if that's been happening in the ground in recent weeks?

4 minutes ago, Chris said:

It was my first game for a couple of months yesterday, but it felt like the crowd lost patience with him yesterday. A huge audible groan when he was offside about 30 seconds after coming off and then some real frustration when he biffed that one on one. Not sure if that's been happening in the ground in recent weeks?

The simple solution is for our midfield to stop farting around on the ball and pass it to him quicker. I was annoyed at the last chance - yes, he should have gone around the keeper, but if that chance was ten minutes earlier, they would have had a more serious check on whether the keeper handled outside the area. Actually, given the performance of Coote and whoever was on VAR, probably not.