You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

174 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

1 minute ago, Mathewbet1 said:

Great header, looks like he'll score every game at the moment.

He'll score the "ugly goals" 

It's a funny one, the past few years we where guilty of missing relativly easy chances and not having a poacher. 

Now we have the poacher, we're complaining that he's not running 30km every game and tracking back. 

We're a fickle bunch

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

It's a funny one, the past few years we where guilty of missing relativly easy chances and not having a poacher. 

Now we have the poacher, we're complaining that he's not running 30km every game and tracking back. 

We're a fickle bunch

He has the workrate that’s for sure. 

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

We're a fickle bunch

His pressing and defensive contributions have improved game by game.

He's doing OK for a relatively inexperienced(at the top level), lad. Coming into a new league, big step up. Amd not helped by being in a faltering team who are not playing well. Not really fair to completely judge him with the lack of support the front 2/3 are getting from the midfield. 

The price still looks steep but once everything beds in he should do pretty well 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

He's doing OK for a relatively inexperienced(at the top level), lad. Coming into a new league, big step up. Amd not helped by being in a faltering team who are not playing well. Not really fair to completely judge him with the lack of support the front 2/3 are getting from the midfield. 

The price still looks steep but once everything beds in he should do pretty well 

He's scoring a goal pretty much every time he starts a game.

He's doing pretty well now.

Is Klopp aiming a dig at the medical staff here or does this lad have a fitness issue??

On Nunez: "I think even he was surprised! [when Firmino passed for the shot on the woodwork]. He had a really good game in both directions, helped defending and played with a big heart today so hopefully we took him off early enough!"

Just now, Mook said:

He's scoring a goal pretty much every time he starts a game.

He's doing pretty well now.

Goalscoring yes

But not sure his overall game had been pretty good or its benefitting the team. I'm not criticising him, just needs time amd he's getting better most games. I think part of the criticism he is getting is due to how lucky we have been with strikers just coming in a looking great. Right back to Fowler most have just started well(Robbie,Collymore,Owen, Torres,Suarez) been a few duds but most have looked good. Social media and the race to judge a player doesn't help. The days of a player getting g 6 months to a season seem gone

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, an tha said:

Is Klopp aiming a dig at the medical staff here or does this lad have a fitness issue??

On Nunez: "I think even he was surprised! [when Firmino passed for the shot on the woodwork]. He had a really good game in both directions, helped defending and played with a big heart today so hopefully we took him off early enough!"

Don't think so. Think his comments on Ox amd Nabby were aimed at them amd the owners to get the Dr issue sorted though. 

4 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Goalscoring yes

But not sure his overall game had been pretty good or its benefitting the team. I'm not criticising him, just needs time amd he's getting better most games. I think part of the criticism he is getting is due to how lucky we have been with strikers just coming in a looking great. Right back to Fowler most have just started well(Robbie,Collymore,Owen, Torres,Suarez) been a few duds but most have looked good. Social media and the race to judge a player doesn't help. The days of a player getting g 6 months to a season seem gone

As long as he's scoring goals & we're winning (which has been the case the last few games he's started), I'm happy. We also looked much more dangerous vs City when he came on.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

3 minutes ago, Mook said:

As long as he's scoring goals & we're winning (which has been the case the last few games he's started), I'm happy. We also looked much more dangerous vs City when he came on.

Maybe I'm just easily pleased.

Plenty to be happy about with him. 

We've been spoilt with how good forwards we have had and not really had anyone mot look the finished article for a long time. He definitely has elements of his game that remind me of Torres and Cavani so hopefully once the midfield is sorted he carries on getting bettet

Also people have very rose tinted glasses of sadio I think based on how absolutely world class he was for 6 months as a centre forward. He is Klopps best signing but he could go months stinking the place out but contributing with assist and goals here and there

The desperation of other clubs for him to be a flop is exactly that, desperate. His celebration alluding to not listening to what his critics say is still an acknowledgment that they exist and that he's under pressure. The fact he is missing a few chances isn't too much of a concern as its a sign he's getting in the right places and getting in those chances. If he can refine those instances then he'll be formidable.  

37 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Still gets sniped at from all angles, McManaman was having digs here and there, not just this game either. People complaining that he missed a big chance like he's the only player to even do so.

Baffling.

Imagine McManaman having a go at you about a lack of end product. 

• Like 1