You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Pick Your Manager

Bjornebye

All Time TLW XI (Non Liverpool) Team - Pick Your Manager  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Pick Your Manager (1 vote) - Voting open for 48 hours

• Herbert Chapman
    • Arrigo Sacchi
    • Rinus Michels
    • Matt Busby
    • Jock Stein
    • Bobby Robson
    • Ernst Happel
    • Marcelo Lippi
    • Brian Clough
    • Mario Zagallo
    • Helmut Schon
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Carlos Ancelotti
    • Alex Ferguson
    • Bill Nicholson

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/21 at 11:15

Clough made mark crossley play for his son’s Sunday team in goal after he’d broken into the first team under him. Stuff like that is amazing.

His record as a manager was incredible too. 

Best manager of my lifetime is Ferguson, but couldn’t bring myself to vote for him, so went with Clough. Love all the stories about him

9 minutes ago, belarus said:

Clough made mark crossley play for his son’s Sunday team in goal after he’d broken into the first team under him. Stuff like that is amazing.

His record as a manager was incredible too. 

Best manager of my lifetime is Ferguson, but couldn’t bring myself to vote for him, so went with Clough. Love all the stories about him

Went for Rinus Michels. Having said that Clough was a genius. Plenty of great names there.

Ferguson was a managerial genius. What he did with Aberdeen and then what he did with the Mancs was incredible. It makes the fact they have a complete gobshite now in Ole all the more funny. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I was tempted by Busby, but I went for Ancelotti, on the basis that he has experience of getting all the best players to work together as a cohesive unit.

(I'm thinking of Milan, not Everton.)

Not Everton? Lad, did you not see when he won the league after 4 games with them and got Hhhhhhamez playing the best togger of his life? 

2 hours ago, Razoray said:

Bobby Robson was a good coach but won very little and played Terry Fenwick in a WC quarter final

Bobby Robson’s achievements at Ipswich are not to be sniffed at. Ipswich Town is a relatively small, provincial football club that has only spent about 25 seasons in the top flight, in its entire history. Prior to Bobby Robson’s tenure, Ipswich had won one major trophy - the First Divison - when Alf Ramsey took the club from the old Third Division South to the pinnacle of English football. Robson built some excellent sides, won the FA Cup and UEFA Cup, and had a run of ten seasons in which Ipswich finished outside the top 6 on just one occasion, finishing 2nd twice and 3rd three times.

21 hours ago, aRdja said:

Ferguson won the CL with fucking Aberdeen before dominating the PL without oil money. Hard to go past the cunt.

No they had tv money instead,more than anybody else. Sponsorships coming out of their arse and having Sky in their pocket too. Ferguson was excellent but had everything going for him and laid the blueprint for how Chelsea and City now are run. His record in Europe is pretty poor considering his riches available.