You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Golf thread / my new project

dave u

52 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Does Bootle have a muni? 

Oh yes , it is well regarded , I saw an article in the Golfing Times suggesting it is definitely in the top 100% of courses in the country.

It's mission statement is ' We're definitely better than fucking Fazakerley Muni '

On 13/11/2021 at 15:51, Captain Turdseye said:

Stuck a free bet on The Wolff in-play. 

The Scheff = +£90

The Wolff = +£100 (-£5 from Scheff bet)

Hopefully one or both of those two can have a good day today, then I’ll have some interest in watching the final round tomorrow. 

its-time-ufc.gif

Glued to the cricket on the other side first though. 

Edit: Scheffler bogeys the first hole. FFS. This thing is wiiiide open. 

I bought a TaylorMade Spider a few weeks ago but haven't been on the course with it yet so not sure if my putting has improved. I've been hit and miss with it on my putting green so the other day I bought a left handed putter on ebay to see if I'm any better putting lefty.

It arrived yesterday, been practising with it and I LOVE putting lefty. I'm really good from six feet in but terrible with anything longer than that as I can't get the pace right.

So, what I'm thinking is that I'll carry two putters with me. Righty for anything over six feet and lefty for anything inside it.

11 minutes ago, dave u said:

I backed Scheffler again this week. Forgot to post in here.

I also backed Cam Smith and Max Homa. Heart ruling head again.

My other bet was Harold Varner to be first round leader. He shot the worst round of the day and was dead last after round one!

Haven’t seen any of the golf, just the scorecards. Scheffler shot 62 on Friday but other than that it looks as if he’s been pretty ordinary. 

Could do with him putting a round together here but the slide down the leaderboard has begun. 

6 minutes ago, dave u said:

Also, I'm doing a review of the Rapsodo MLM and it's boss. You sit your phone on it, and it will take a video of every shot you hit and overlay all the data onto it, including a shot tracer.

That looks like an amazing bit of kit. (The MLM not you)