You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

Ukrainians not the only one firing on all cylinders at the moment.

Tom is pounding the enemy bloggers positions with not one but two more updates today (OK, one plus a recommended video). .

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/ukraine-war-4-september-2022-ukrainian-attacks-in-kherson-oblast-ed25239f3116

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/ukraine-war-4-september-2022-installation-of-agm-88s-on-ukrainian-mig-29s-dfd4ed8e7a0a

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Just sat here imagining Gnasher as one of those Americans in spring 1941 when Churchill was begging America for more aid and Lend Lease was getting off the ground going "why are we spending so much defending these ungrateful Brits?"

Hmm bit of a difference, that was a world war where Germany stormed through Europe. America were attacked by Japan.

We are not at war and this conflict in and is taking place in a strip of land in eastern Ukraine. Britain has bent over backwards to give both military and financial support. We also put in place six rounds of sanctions against a country we are not at war with in support of Mrs Zelenskys country which will unquestionably result in a great deal of our own citizens deaths this winter.

To suggest the British public are 'counting our pennies' is an insulting turn of phrase by a woman who's riches go far beyond the dreams of the people she's directed it at.

Count of visually confirmed Russian main battle tank losses done by Oryx has reached the 1,000 milestone.

Altogether, with 3 other categories of armoured fighting vehicles, they are now at some 2,800 pieces of armour lost, 1008 of which are MBTs.  

Not quite the battle of Kursk yet, but about halfway there.

https://www.oryxspioenkop.com/2022/02/attack-on-europe-documenting-equipment.html

3 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yeah. Who cares about the Ukrainians?

Probably deserved to be raped and pillaged by the Russian army, really, after all there are a couple of hundred Nazis in the Azov battalion.

Already seeing plenty of posts on Cesspit called Twitter, about Ukraine should surrender, because Europe is going to freeze this winter. Nice people on Twitter...

After an immense effort to hold back on reporting anything for two days (no, I don't get it either), Tom finally lets rip in the latest summary. Updated list of who holds which Ukrainian village you never heard of.

Also, complaints about his Medium profile having an infestation of (crypto plugging and other) trolls. 

https://medium.com/@x_TomCooper_x/ukraine-war-5-6-september-2022-ukrainian-attacks-in-kherson-oblast-1e86962b97a4

7 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Yeah. Who cares about the Ukrainians?

Probably deserved to be raped and pillaged by the Russian army, really, after all there are a couple of hundred Nazis in the Azov battalion.

The former head of the British Army thinks this war needs to be resolved by talks, and quickly. It doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't give a fuck about the Russian atrocities. 

People across the globe are possibly going to freeze or starve to death this winter due to the impact of sanctions, Africa is in a perilous situation, any care for them?

5 hours ago, DJLJ said:

Already seeing plenty of posts on Cesspit called Twitter, about Ukraine should surrender, because Europe is going to freeze this winter. Nice people on Twitter...

I think you'll find more than a few posters on twitter with a Ukraine flag on the top of their page if you look hard enough.

32 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The former head of the British Army thinks this war needs to be resolved by talks, and quickly. It doesn't necessarily mean he couldn't give a fuck about the Russian atrocities.

Sir Mark Carleton-Smith?

Have you got a link to it? I googled it, but havent found anything.

Edit: Oh nevermind, you mean Richard Dannatt, head of UK Army 2006-9

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

People across the globe are possibly going to freeze or starve to death this winter due to the impact of sanctions, Africa is in a perilous situation, any care for them?

Have your Twitter boys picked up on the passing of the Bill 7654 yet?

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Have your Twitter boys picked up on the passing of the Bill 7654 yet?

And it's shoot the messenger time again.

Is the footballer above a 'twitter boy? Is the ex head of the British army also a 'twitter boy? 

Zelensky's wife should have thanked the British people for their support/aid/money/sacrifice. She's a multi millionaire with holiday homes throughout the world (one in Italy is apparently being rented to a British based Russian). Her husband was also named in the Pandora papers. For her to say we, the British people should "stop counting pennies" is at best churlish and at worst insulting. Britain is NOT at war.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

And it's shoot the messenger time again.

Is the footballer above a 'twitter boy? Is the ex head of the British army also a 'twitter boy? 

Zelensky's wife should have thanked the British people for their support/aid/money/sacrifice. She's a multi millionaire with holiday homes throughout the world (one in Italy is apparently being rented to a British based Russian). Her husband was also named in the Pandora papers. For her to say we, the British people should "stop counting pennies" is at best churlish and at worst insulting. Britain is NOT at war.

I meant somebody like that Amis guy or whatever his name is, you are usually quick to link to anything remotely bad Ukrainians do - so you don't have to keep re-posting that link with the general, which was fun the first 10 times, but now is getting a bit tedious.

And since you mention it, I agree Madame Zelenska et al should not be guilt-shaming anyone because no one owes Ukraine any support, but what she said is, she knows that their allies are suffering economic hardship because of the war, but whilst they are counting material loss, Ukraine is counting lost human lives. So she didn't say, "you should stop counting pennies". And the story about renting the villa to the Russians has been debunked as fake if I am not mistaken.

If you have Bellerin's number, I will be more than happy to explain to him why are people more upset about a second biggest army in the world openly invading the second largest European country after 70-odd years of relative peace in Europe than about ongoing simmering conflicts. 

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

So Roger Waters thinks it is all Ukraine's fault for crossing so many red lines set by "your neighbours the Russian Federation". Incredible.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I meant somebody like that Amis guy or whatever his name is, you are usually quick to link to anything remotely bad Ukrainians do - so you don't have to keep re-posting that link with the general, which was fun the first 10 times, but now is getting a bit tedious.

Well I didn't know, I'll repost whatever link I like thanks. You'll have to continue to remain 'tedious'.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And since you mention it, I agree Madame Zelenska et al should not be guilt-shaming anyone because no one owes Ukraine any support, but what she said is, she knows that their allies are suffering economic hardship because of the war, but whilst they are counting material loss, Ukraine is counting lost human lives. So she didn't say, "you should stop counting pennies". And the story about renting the villa to the Russians has been debunked as fake if I am not mistaken.

If you have Bellerin's number, I will be more than happy to explain to him why are people more upset about a second biggest army in the world openly invading the second largest European country after 70-odd years of relative peace in Europe than about ongoing simmering conflicts. 

Bellerin is rightly pointing out the hypocrisy in the west's response to Ukraine compered to Gaza. He also makes a fair point on Russian athletes, football teams, tennis players being banned from international competitions yet Israels sports players/teams are allowed to compete without a second thought. 

No, I don't have his telephone number, you could of course tell him your thoughts in a message on twitter, or maybe not.

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Blame twitter, or in this case Facebook, or just point somewhere else.

No, I blame Roger Waters. Imagine watching Ukraine being invaded by Russia and thinking, what I must do is use my public profile to shit on Ukrainians in an open letter.

• Upvote 1