You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Depends what you want out of a trade deal. If you want a trade deal that sells off the NHS , gives us food with lower hygiene standards than we enjoy today, lots more money in the pockets of the Tories and their mates and allows them to make it look like a no deal Brexit is a good thing in the eyes of the Brexit biffs, then in that case trump winning is a good thing. 

You forgot corporate welfare and variable taxation for American companies.

4 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

He should be ok there hopefully, albeit that’s the one state where it’s more likely to end up in the Supreme Court so I hope the whole result doesn’t just hinge on Pennsylvania and he takes at least one other state. 

I threw a tenner on Trump taking Georgia last night to try and jinx it. Think that is genuinely too tight to call. 

More I look at Arizona the more I think Biden can just about do it. I’m thinking he wins on a 10-15k majority. 

My prediction:

Georgia - Trump

Arizona - Trump

Pennsylvania - Biden

7 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nevada still has around 25% of its votes to count, which is approaching 400,000. Joe Biden has a narrow lead of about 7,500 at the moment. Under state law, ballots can still be accepted so long as they were postmarked by Election Day up until 10 November.

Trump narrowly lost Nevada in 2016 as the state has trended toward the Democrats in the past decade. The last Republican to win the state was George W. Bush in 2004.

The tweet mentions Matt Schlapp as a Brooks Brothers Riot participant. For those of us without total recall of US elections from twenty years ago, my colleague Adam Gabbatt reminded us what the Brooks Brothers Riot was recently:

'In late November 2000, hundreds of mostly middle-aged male protesters, dressed in off-the-peg suits and cautious ties, descended on the Miami-Dade polling headquarters in Florida. Shouting, jostling, and punching, they demanded that a recount of ballots for the presidential election be stopped.

The protesters, many of whom were paid Republican operatives, succeeded. A recount of ballots in Florida was abandoned. What became known as the Brooks Brothers riot went down in infamy, and George W Bush became president after a supreme court decision.'

This is madness, proper gangstar shakedown stuff.

Deplorable scum.

You've got to give Trump his due, he just does not give a fuck when it comes to getting his own way. 

snaps-about-nbc-news-special-event-on-sn

18 minutes ago, Brownie said:

My prediction:

Georgia - Trump

Arizona - Trump

Pennsylvania - Biden

According to the associated press, biden has a 69k lead there with 88%of the count completed. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=arizona+electoral+votes&oq=&aqs=chrome.1.69i176j35i39i362l4...4.-1j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

4 minutes ago, niallers said:

I know. The remaining votes there are mail in ballots which favour Trump. It’s gonna be really close so could go either way.

4 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Didn't Trump put out a book on how to screw people over? You do not want to do deals with that guy.

Yeah, 'The Art of The Deal' it's basically about having leverage over the person you're conducting business with so you can shaft them, real nice stuff.

Things like get a video of them pissing on a prostitute in a Moscow hotel, you know, stuff like that and then blackmail them in to doing what you want.

• Upvote 2

This is all a bit when Stringer Bell hets hobbled as he tries to swim with the sharks and gets fleeced.

Trump has never actually been told 'Just shut up you pathetic, petulant 'tard, this is the real world and there are rules and you don't just get to foghorm your way around here intimidating people like a play ground bully, now get ya fuckin' shine box'

3 minutes ago, niallers said:

So are the mail in ballots in Arizona going to favour the cunt or the senile old dem?

All mail and early favour Biden as rationally most people were afraid of getting dead from covid and traditionaly this is the case as well.

Trump told his rabble to go out and vote in person.

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

All mail and early favour Biden as rationally most people were afraid of getting dead from covid and traditionaly this is the case as well.

Not in Arizona. Go and look at the data.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Not in Arizona. Go and look at the data.

Yeah Brownie is right. Mail in voting in general favours Biden but these in Arizona are meant to be ‘late’ mail in voting which favour Trump, that’s been borne out in the latest results there. 

• Upvote 1

The fat fuck calling for them to stop the count reeks of the same desperation the Dukes had to sell their FCOJ futures when they finally learned that it hadn't been a bumper year of orange crops. Hopefully it turns out to be a really shit year for orange crap too.