You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villa (A) Premier League - 4/10/20 - 19:15

Bjornebye

I don't even want to see Origi on the bench. He offers nothing and his attitude can be summed up by his half arsed attempt at a pelanty the other night. With Brewster and Shaqiri on the way out, I'd marginally (by a factor of about a zillion) rather see Jota, Jones, Elliot or Wilson come on if necessary

This turned out to be one of the key fixtures last season, purely because of what we had to overcome to get the 2-1 win. Villa were leading 1-0 when Bobby thought he'd found an equaliser. The officials in the VAR studio ruled that he'd strayed offside by an armpit, drew some very dodgy lines to prove their point, and disallowed the goal. It looked like it might not be our day. We just don't give up though. Robbo headed an equaliser with minutes to go, and then Sadio popped up with a flick header from a corner in stoppage time to win it. That must have been very deflating for City and their fans. Oh well.

That 'Dance Molnkey' abomination was in the midst of an 11-week stint at No1, but let's go back a little further. To 2015/16 in fact. Klopp had taken over as manager just 3 months earlier, and secured a place in the League Cup final where we'd go on to play City. On Valentine's Day however, we travelled to Villa Park to take on the worst Villa side I've ever seen. They were utterly useless at every aspect of the game - couldn't defend, couldn't string passes together, couldn't create chances and couldn't shoot. Our 6-0 win flattered them immensely. It was the start of 12 defeats in their last 13 games, and they'd finish rock bottom with a measly 17 points all season, a massive 22 points off safety. * waves at those dickheads 'celebrating' Stevie's birthday on the train a year earlier *

The entirely forgettable 'Pillowtalk' by Zayn was No1 at the time. I'm absolutely certain I'd never even heard it until I found the Youtube video to include here. More than any era previously, this era of downloads and streaming really does mean that any old shit ends up top of the charts.

Villa look to be a much-improved side from last season. They needed to improve their attack and they've done that. Whether they've got enough to threaten us, we'll see. If we are absolutely on it, fully committed, fully concentrated and full of creativity and incision, they will not live with us. Do what we do and we'll be alright.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Trumo said:

This turned out to be one of the key fixtures last season, purely because of what we had to overcome to get the 2-1 win. Villa were leading 1-0 when Bobby thought he'd found an equaliser. The officials in the VAR studio ruled that he'd strayed offside by an armpit, drew some very dodgy lines to prove their point, and disallowed the goal. It looked like it might not be our day. We just don't give up though. Robbo headed an equaliser with minutes to go, and then Sadio popped up with a flick header from a corner in stoppage time to win it. That must have been very deflating for City and their fans. Oh well.

That 'Dance Molnkey' abomination was in the midst of an 11-week stint at No1, but let's go back a little further. To 2015/16 in fact. Klopp had taken over as manager just 3 months earlier, and secured a place in the League Cup final where we'd go on to play City. On Valentine's Day however, we travelled to Villa Park to take on the worst Villa side I've ever seen. They were utterly useless at every aspect of the game - couldn't defend, couldn't string passes together, couldn't create chances and couldn't shoot. Our 6-0 win flattered them immensely. It was the start of 12 defeats in their last 13 games, and they'd finish rock bottom with a measly 17 points all season, a massive 22 points off safety. * waves at those dickheads 'celebrating' Stevie's birthday on the train a year earlier *

The entirely forgettable 'Pillowtalk' by Zayn was No1 at the time. I'm absolutely certain I'd never even heard it until I found the Youtube video to include here. More than any era previously, this era of downloads and streaming really does mean that any old shit ends up top of the charts.

Villa look to be a much-improved side from last season. They needed to improve their attack and they've done that. Whether they've got enough to threaten us, we'll see. If we are absolutely on it, fully committed, fully concentrated and full of creativity and incision, they will not live with us. Do what we do and we'll be alright.

Those 'music' references mean nothing to me. Were there and are there charts anymore? And not just some apple ipod/iphone bullshit cobbled together.

Villa have been good, very organised seem to of made some good signings too. Last year they played us at villa park like it was the world Cup final and were shite versus everybody else... almost.  It will be a tough game but these days they're only as tough as we make them through fluffing chances. Don't fluff and its 3 points.