You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Report: Karius set for Union Berlin loan

TLW

Guest Alex_K
16 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Talk of Bayern Munich wanting Karius as backup. Probably agent fire lighting. 

Karius: "I still have a contract with Liverpool until 2022. But of course I can imagine staying in Berlin if everything fits.

“I’m not just passing through here. The mentality of the people and the spirit of the team are good for me.

“I’m basically a down-to-earth guy. Even though I drive an expensive car.”

He didnt actually say that final line, did he?

1 hour ago, Alex_K said:

He didnt actually say that final line, did he?

It's a quote from an interview with Bild in Germany, whether he actually said those words? Who knows, but he seems to like leaving interviews with a final whammy. There is more... 

Asked about his relationship with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp, he said: “It was always fair and honest. He always tells you what the situation is like.

"We always had a good relationship and never had a problem. His successes speak for themselves.

“He is currently one of the best coaches of the world.

“He said it (the move to Union) is a good step, that I have the chance to distinguish myself here and he told me that I can show everyone that I’m a really good goalkeeper.”

Guest Alex_K
2 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

It's a quote from an interview with Bild in Germany, whether he actually said those words? Who knows, but he seems to like leaving interviews with a final whammy. There is more... 

Asked about his relationship with Reds boss Jurgen Klopp, he said: “It was always fair and honest. He always tells you what the situation is like.

"We always had a good relationship and never had a problem. His successes speak for themselves.

“He is currently one of the best coaches of the world.

“He said it (the move to Union) is a good step, that I have the chance to distinguish myself here and he told me that I can show everyone that I’m a really good goalkeeper.”

Wow. I thought it was a parody. Goalkeepers really are a special breed. This guy gives Narcissus a run for his money.

12 minutes ago, Trumo said:

According to transfermarkt stats, he's made 4 appearances for them this season, all of them in the last 6 weeks.

Yeah, he's back up to Andreas Luthe. Someone who was Augsburg's back up keeper for the previous four seasons. I think they must rate Karius very highly.

Guest Alex_K

Yeah Karius well up there in the egregiously-revolting footballer stakes. The way he conducts himself, his 'brand' and his language relative to his complete lack of talents is something to behold.

His only crime is being shit at football. His "brand" is the same as any other footballer, with the added factor that he's good looking so he does some modelling stuff. The assassination of his character after his nightmare in the Champions League final has been a bit tasteless. There's nothing particularly annoying or grating about the guy, personally. 

Guest Alex_K
16 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

His only crime is being shit at football. His "brand" is the same as any other footballer, with the added factor that he's good looking so he does some modelling stuff. The assassination of his character after his nightmare in the Champions League final has been a bit tasteless. There's nothing particularly annoying or grating about the guy, personally. 

Driving a garish bright yellow Porsche while writing "I'm a down to earth guy who just happens to have an expensive car" sitting in yet another poor reserve team, posting stylised IG videos of himself celebrating his summer in an LA mansion with more tacky cars barely 6 weeks after costing his colleagues and fans the greatest trophy in football & proceeding to be a highly media-vocal mediocrity as he shifts ceaselessly from loan deal to loan deal & country to country in what should be the formative years of his career.

Yeah .. Xabi Alonso, Juan Mata, David Silva, Marcus Rashford or Zvonimir Boban with his libraries of Russian literature Mr Karius is not. There are tacky footballers and there are graceful footballers, as in any walk of life.

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Wow, your post about social media was great. His use of it is definitely the same as everyone else's. 

Sorry, was just unaware that the standard for footballers using social media was the guy who got the knighthood for his charitable work. 

14 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

His holiday pictures a few days after losing us a European Cup final were a bit tasteless. 

He's either thick as shit or didn't give a fuck. 

Footballers don’t love their clubs as much as the fans do, who gives a fuck if he enjoys himself on holiday? I doubt Kloppo told him to sit in solace the entire summer and reflect on his mistakes. He’s shit and he’s where he should be now.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I think you miss the point here - if someone, anyone, promotes a “brand” as you call it, then why should it only elicit a positive response? He’s putting stuff out there in an attempt to build his image, and from a lot of responses, it obviously isn’t working. People are entitled to have an opinion on anything, so to criticise a negative response, but encourage the rest, is a bit strange.

Karius, among others, seeks this PR, so has to accept both sides of the coin. There is a thread on the gf slating people for doing this very thing on LinkedIn. Why should Karius be judged differently to everyone else?

32 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Footballers don’t love their clubs as much as the fans do, who gives a fuck if he enjoys himself on holiday? I doubt Kloppo told him to sit in solace the entire summer and reflect on his mistakes. He’s shit and he’s where he should be now.

Exactly. If reports are correct that Bayern are looking at him for back up, good for him. Hope it works out and he can discover himself.

I was as angry as anyone when he had his meltdown. Same with alli when he fucked up with those 2 errors against city. But just continually holding a grudge about it just doesnt work for me.

• Like 1