You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

I'm still not too fussed on polls and never was when the Tories were leasding, I think if and when an election comes it will be a case of as you were in the north though, the red well stuff was one off Brexit shite IMO.

I also think that, as I've said on here before, crafting such an unequal society as we have in the UK takes a degree of subtlety and Machiavellian genius which Johnson and his cabinet of half wits don't have. 

To maintain a system where, in 2021, kids use foofbanks and people still live in castles - but nobody riots - takes some carefully planned social engineering involving the media and overton windows out the ass. 

Johnson doesn't care enough to maintain the pretence, and that's why he's very very dangerous for these people. These supposed Tory MPs who were unhappy with his corrupt shenanigans last week weren't fuming because he did it, they were fuming because it was noticed.

I cant see the red wall seats voting for starmer tbh

On 02/11/2021 at 19:23, Vincent Vega said:

Frankie Boyle on his New World Order show last night:

”Keir Starmer; the worst leader since Gary Glitter.”

Shit joke. Starmer's not even the worst leader of a major British political party right now.

Boyle should stick to the more logical position of taking the piss out of disabled people whilst telling others not to mock trans people in case it hurts them. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Yeah. I was appalled at Beckett's badly misguided shithousery.

As Johnson finds himself in ever deeper shit, elements of the Tory-enabling left become ever more desperate in their efforts to shift the focus onto the one non-Tory who could replace him as PM in any forthcoming election. 

And apologies to anyone offended by my unforgivable use of the word 'inferring' above.

Wasn’t sure where to put this but lies about Labour are in full swing. Our local MP is rock solid and a great fella, he’s also recognised Palestine as a legitimate state in the past….. as have coincidentally the other local Labour MPs mentioned here. 

Devil's advocate and all that but should it really matter who selects the candidate for your local council ward? What's the point having one who lives next door and was chosen by the CLP for time served if they're still total shite?

I've dealt with a lot of councillors over the years and I'd say probably one in five isn't a complete imbecile. I've dealt with them (or tried to) as a constituent on only a couple of occasions and found them shite too.

The top brass running the city both past and present were all locals and they're all shite. Old Jo Anderson, new jo Anderson, Rotherham, absolutely hapless.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Devil's advocate and all that but should it really matter who selects the candidate for your local council ward? What's the point having one who lives next door and was chosen by the CLP for time served if they're still total shite?

I've dealt with a lot of councillors over the years and I'd say probably one in five isn't a complete imbecile. I've dealt with them (or tried to) as a constituent on only a couple of occasions and found them shite too.

The top brass running the city both past and present were all locals and they're all shite. Old Jo Anderson, new jo Anderson, Rotherham, absolutely hapless.

Point being with Byrne though, the above is an outright lie. He is very highly regarded in the area and city. Yet again people just making things up for whatever reasons who knows.... 

FDwHmc0XoAQtKOG?format=jpg&name=small

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think tbh if you are a local councillors you should have some knowledge of the local area.

Obviously this shouldnt be the main prerequisite but it should be a factor?

I'm not an expert on the internal workings of labour but there is the suggestion that he is doing his best to get rid of anyone who is even remotely seen as too left wing.

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Point being with Byrne though, the above is an outright lie. He is very highly regarded in the area and city. Yet again people just making things up for whatever reasons who knows.... 

FDwHmc0XoAQtKOG?format=jpg&name=small

Not that I don’t appreciate what Ian Byrne is doing, has done and is trying to do, but using this as an example to big him up, isn’t really that strong. I mean, it’s West Derby, who have had Labour since as far back as I can remember, and they’ve always won handsomely. 

Luciana Berger kept getting in to Wavertree, and she was shite in our ward. And that was before she was jumped ship. It’s pretty much because he’s in Labour that he’s getting those sort of numbers.

If he was Independent, I reckon the numbers would be much lower, even though, his work with Foodbanks for example, should be enough to make people take notice. 

And what’s a lie about him in the above tweets? Is it the Momentum links? He’s not at risk?

6 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Not that I don’t appreciate what Ian Byrne is doing, has done and is trying to do, but using this as an example to big him up, isn’t really that strong. I mean, it’s West Derby, who have had Labour since as far back as I can remember, and they’ve always won handsomely. 

Luciana Berger kept getting in to Wavertree, and she was shite in our ward. And that was before she was jumped ship. It’s pretty much because he’s in Labour that he’s getting those sort of numbers.

If he was Independent, I reckon the numbers would be much lower, even though, his work with Foodbanks for example, should be enough to make people take notice. 

And what’s a lie about him in the above tweets? Is it the Momentum links? He’s not at risk?

Have a read of the replies to the Byrne tweet above Skids. Was he backed by momentum? Is he actually at risk? Or is it more made up bollocks? 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-momentum-members-quit-over-17139879

13 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

I think tbh if you are a local councillors you should have some knowledge of the local area.

Obviously this shouldnt be the main prerequisite but it should be a factor?

I'm not an expert on the internal workings of labour but there is the suggestion that he is doing his best to get rid of anyone who is even remotely seen as too left wing.

I dunno, maybe, but the more parochial politics is the shitter it seems to get, parish councils are a great example of that, where you're valued not by whether or not you're any good but by the fact you've lived in the area longer than any other candidates. 

I'd take some Richard E Grantalike if he actually got back to my emails, over some clown with crumbs down his jumper who's only a councillor because his wife, mum and dad are and they all pool their allowances together to pay caravan site fees in Prestatyn.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

I dunno, maybe, but the more parochial politics is the shitter it seems to get, parish councils are a great example of that, where you're valued not by whether or not you're any good but by the fact you've lived in the area longer than any other candidates. 

I'd take some Richard E Grantalike if he actually got back to my emails, over some clown with crumbs down his jumper who's only a councillor because his wife, mum and dad are and they all pool their allowances together to pay caravan site fees in Prestatyn.

Any excuse

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Have a read of the replies to the Byrne tweet above Skids. Was he backed by momentum? Is he actually at risk? Or is it more made up bollocks? 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-momentum-members-quit-over-17139879

Well, he was endorsed by Momentum in 2019. And he has also endorsed Momentum himself in the past. 

So where is the lie?

5 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Well, he was endorsed by Momentum in 2019. And he has also endorsed Momentum himself in the past. 

So where is the lie?

Did you read the replies ? Was he backed by momentum in that election? Is he ‘at risk’? 

So yeah. Cheers 

7F4D88DB-4F16-4713-A788-8547A2D1CD25.png

It shouldn't be too hard to oppose this shower of shite.

One opposition to the Lab manifesto was that it was unrealistic in terms of financing. Now that we know that there is a magic money tree - that payed for furlough; Track and Trace and peerages - it could be used for things like free Uni education and free internet. Stuff that will enrich our lives. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Jennings said:

It shouldn't be too hard to oppose this shower of shite.

One opposition to the Lab manifesto was that it was unrealistic in terms of financing. Now that we know that there is a magic money tree - that payed for furlough; Track and Trace and peerages - it could be used for things like free Uni education and free internet. Stuff that will enrich our lives. 

We have the most inept pm in memory and a gmnt who are the very defeniton of incompetence and corruption.

It should be like shooting fish in a barrel. 

Sadly we also have a totally ineffectual labour leader,a rabid right wing media and live on an island populated by simpletons and selfish cunts.

2 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Rotheram was chosen locally. Chippy Tits got his job by inventing it for himself. Jo Anderson was parachuted in over the local candidates. Rotheram's doing a different job to the other two and Jo Anderson has barely had time to get her feet under the desk and she's working with commissioners. There's not much to compare between the three, really.

You'd like to think that people in any given council ward would have an idea of which candidates would stand the best chance of being elected and then doing a decent job as a councillor. There's also the general democratic principal of subsidiarity: if a decision can be taken at a local level, it should.