You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

1 minute ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

In fairness to Starmer, I don't know how he reacted to the question: he may have gone down the line of "it would be hard for anyone to be worse, because..." 

Also in fairness to Starmer, he made this rod for his own back by his fuckwitted decision to remove the whip from Corbyn.

He treated it with the contempt it deserved.

Something along the lines of 'Any Labour gov is better than this shower' 'Oh, so Corbyn would be a better PM?' 'Any Labour gov is better than these cunts. Next question' 'Oh, so you're not denying you'd have Corbyn before Alex?' ' I have just said any Labour gov' and on and on, I think he asked him 5/6 times from memory.

Pathetic interviewing and Starmer dealt with it well(ish) he could have been more fleet of foot, but I think most will take away the fact the interviewer came across as a prized chump.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

He treated it with the contempt it deserved.

Something along the lines of 'Any Labour gov is better than this shower' 'Oh, so Corbyn would be a better PM?' 'Any Labour gov is better than these cunts. Next question' 'Oh, so you're not denying you'd have Corbyn before Alex?' ' I have just said any Labour gov' and on and on, I think he asked him 5/6 times from memory.

Pathetic interviewing and Starmer dealt with it well(ish) he could have been more fleet of foot, but I think most will take away the fact the interviewer came across as a prized chump.

That's the best he could do with a shitty question.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

That's the best he could do with a shitty question.

Yeah, it's truly indicative of the current standards on Today that shit like this happens on a dialy basis hoping to catch people out, this is on both sides of the floor. In fact when Kwateng is on I'm sure they have a bet about who can get him to say the stupidest thing as the questions are set up to trip up the simpleton.

They're treating the mundane like it's Paxman Vs Howard and there is a huge pay off for a commital, but this is just promting division and calling it objectivity and full disclosure.

11 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I couldn't give a flying fuck

I still couldn't give a flying fuck 

Well I'll tell you, I was forced to move to live with family in Aigburth because I was told in no uncertain terms by a racist policeman high up in S Wales police that because I wouldn't testify/tell lies in what because the most expensive and shameful miscarriage of Justice in British legal history that I'd feel the full force of the law; and the full force of their law was brute force. 

"Lynette White: one more review into collapse of biggest police corruption trial – The Justice Gap" https://www.thejusticegap.com/lynette-white-one-review-collapse-biggest-police-corruption-trial/

Why? Because I lived in an area with at that time the most diverse ethnic population in Britain, Cardiffs docklands (tiger bay)  and because basically I was the wrong profile and I knew the people involved. Innocent or guilty was an unnecessary irrelevance to the S Wales police at that time as Michael Mansfield explains in the appeals.

Years later I was living back quietly in Cardiff away from that area and I went back to join a march with the American civil rights leader Rev Al Sharpton on Cardiif prison, it was to pray for the release of Tony Paris ( one of the wrongly convicted) because by now it was obvious to the world he was innocent. Sharpton had apparently just been stabbed over the States on a march in New York and his bodyguards were a right crew, when you put them with the locals from tiger bay it was like a black army. I can remember seeing the police and reporters in total awe and apprehension, to put it in a nutshell they were scared shitless, and I don't blame them, how different to the culture that made me leave. When at the gates of Cardiff prison some journalists asked Sharpton if this prayer was an incitement for violence and Sharpton in his massive booming voice replied "if you believe prayer is an incitement for violence then you best take that up with Jesus Christ not me" he was certainly a fucking character.

Anyway please don't make innuendos that I'm racist because I hold different veiws on certain subjects than you.

17 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Yeah, it's truly indicative of the current standards on Today that shit like this happens on a dialy basis hoping to catch people out, this is on both sides of the floor. In fact when Kwateng is on I'm sure they have a bet about who can get him to say the stupidest thing as the questions are set up to trip up the simpleton.

They're treating the mundane like it's Paxman Vs Howard and there is a huge pay off for a commital, but this is just promting division and calling it objectivity and full disclosure.

It's why Labour's Brexit policy in 2019 - despite being an objectively sensible policy, with the potential to resolve Brexit in a way that actually brings people together - was never going to survive the UK media, who demand that everything is black or white and nuance is inherently untrustworthy.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Well I'll tell you, I was forced to move to live with family in Aigburth because I was told in no uncertain terms by a racist policeman high up in S Wales police that because I wouldn't testify/tell lies in what because the most expensive and shameful miscarriage of Justice in British legal history that I'd feel the full force of the law; and the full force of their law was brute force. 

"Lynette White: one more review into collapse of biggest police corruption trial – The Justice Gap" https://www.thejusticegap.com/lynette-white-one-review-collapse-biggest-police-corruption-trial/

Why? Because I lived in an area with at that time the most diverse ethnic population in Britain, Cardiffs docklands (tiger bay)  and because basically I was the wrong profile and I knew the people involved. Innocent or guilty was an unnecessary irrelevance to the S Wales police at that time as Michael Mansfield explains in the appeals.

Years later I was living back quietly in Cardiff away from that area and I went back to join a march with the American civil rights leader Rev Al Sharpton on Cardiif prison, it was to pray for the release of Tony Paris ( one of the wrongly convicted) because by now it was obvious to the world he was innocent. Sharpton had apparently just been stabbed over the States on a march in New York and his bodyguards were a right crew, when you put them with the locals from tiger bay it was like a black army. I can remember seeing the police and reporters in total awe and apprehension, to put it in a nutshell they were scared shitless, and I don't blame them, how different to the culture that made me leave. When at the gates of Cardiff prison some journalists asked Sharpton if this prayer was an incitement for violence and Sharpton in his massive booming voice replied "if you believe prayer is an incitement for violence then you best take that up with Jesus Christ not me" he was certainly a fucking character.

Anyway please don't make innuendos that I'm racist because I hold different veiws on certain subjects than you.

I watched a documentary on that Tiger Bay thing recently. Bastards. 

Where have I made an innuendo that you're racist? 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched a documentary on that Tiger Bay thing recently. Bastards. 

Where have I made an innuendo that you're racist? 

Sorry I wasn't talking about directly, I should have made that clear. I was talking about your defence of Skends post where after me asking a poster a legitimate question he attacks me yet again with slurs, remember I do get a lot of personal attacks on here, more than probably anyone on the forum. I know the answer is oh well whys that, you deserve it, blah blah blah but lets look at the last two, one after I printed a guardian article showing kids affected by austerity and one on here after I asked a poster a fair question which was also asked by other posters I might add followed with the veiled implementation of racism.

It's not the allegations by certain posters that grind, I'm a big boy, it's the needless interference and defence of certain posters when I give the the inevitable kickback, that gets my fucking goat.

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's why Labour's Brexit policy in 2019 - despite being an objectively sensible policy, with the potential to resolve Brexit in a way that actually brings people together - was never going to survive the UK media, who demand that everything is black or white and nuance is inherently untrustworthy.

True that Angry. Dammed if you do dammed if you don't scenario for Labour. 

Should have stuck with the Foot, Benn, Bob Crow, Atlee position but that's for another thread.

14 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Sorry I wasn't talking about directly, I should have made that clear. I was talking about your defence of Skends post where after me asking a poster a legitimate question he attacks me yet again with slurs, remember I do get a lot of personal attacks on here, more than probably anyone on the forum. I know the answer is oh well whys that, you deserve it, blah blah blah but lets look at the last two, one after I printed a guardian article showing kids affected by austerity and one on here after I asked a poster a fair question which was also asked by other posters I might add followed with the veiled implementation of racism.

It's not the allegations by certain posters that grind, I'm a big boy, it's the needless interference and defence of certain posters when I give the the inevitable kickback, that gets my fucking goat.

If you go around calling people a cunt what do you expect? 

If you go around calling people a cunt what do you expect? 

I gave you two examples;

Show me where i first called someone a cunt today. You replied to the post today in the racism thread didn't you, did I call someone a cunt before you thought it wise to stick your nose in? No.

Did I call anyone a cunt on the lib dem thread where I posted the article about austerity? No.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I gave you two examples;

Show me where i first called someone a cunt today. You replied to the post today in the racism thread didn't you, did I call someone a cunt before you thought it wise to stick your nose in? No.

Did I call anyone a cunt on the lib dem thread where I posted the article about austerity? No.

I get the feeling you're about to call someone a cunt 

Just now, Gnasher said:

Ah OK so that's your line of bullshit in that needless conversation put to bed, so I didn't call someone a cunt, you lied. 

Now crack on.

I didn't lie. You bitched last week when I negged you for calling Rico a cunt. That's what I was referring too. If you want to have private conversations best to do it via PM instead of on a live forum where, you know, everyone can join in because thats the fucking point. 

I didn't lie. You bitched last week when I negged you for calling Rico a cunt. That's what I was referring too. If you want to have private conversations best to do it via PM instead of on a live forum where, you know, everyone can join in because thats the fucking point. 

I don't do PMs Ive got a quite a few, they all remain unopened. I note one was recently sent by yourself. 

I might open yours next time I'm in Liverpool and I hope for your sake you haven't written nothing derogatory. 

Now I've tried to be nice to you but you're starting to grate so I suggest we just leave it there.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I don't do PMs Ive got a quite a few, they all remain unopened. I note one was recently sent by yourself. 

I might open yours next time I'm in Liverpool and I hope for your sake you haven't written nothing derogatory. 

Now I've tried to be nice to you but you're starting to grate so I suggest we just leave it there.

Open it. In-fact I might go and write something derogatory if you think threatening people is the way to go. Big hard man. Now fucking do one you’re pissing me off 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Oh come one, if that was the rule then we'd all be negged everyday (apart from A Red and Stronts).

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

County Road KFC is the usual place isn't it?

The greens fast becoming the 3rd major party.

I'm really not sure sterner is meant to appeal to

Red wall types dont trust him

He has alienated a big chunk of the left

I cant see many tories defecting to him.

He doesn't appeal to young people the way corbyn did.

I'm truly stumped as to who.is support base is going to from .

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

Take it to the poetry thread 

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

He'll ensure all of his right wing and centrist MP's have a job for life and that similar, jobsworth types fill any upcoming vacancy ,  and that the party doesn't upset the powers that be too much , and that's all that matters isn't it ?