You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

On 13/11/2021 at 17:04, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Depends where you stand on Palestine. 

I'd guess listening to the evidence of human rights watchdogs spotlighting the  children being forced into living in a modern day apartheid state might be a stand too far for some on the modern right-wing of the Labour Party.

"Israel committing crimes of apartheid and persecution - HRW - BBC News" https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-56898864.amp

On 13/11/2021 at 21:08, Arniepie said:

When the bulk of the population stop thinking that voting in boris Johnson was a cracking idea?

That's just not the case and never has been, despite what the Tories and their supporters in the media would have you believe when they're claiming a 'stonking mandate' for all sorts of hard-right anti-democratic policies.

Just look at the % of the vote the Tories got in 2019, the % of the electorate that voted, and the % of the UK population that make up our electorate. Then minus the % of people who voted Tory despite Johnson, and the % of people who voted Tory and now wish they hadn't. 

My back of a fag packet maths tells me that around 20% of the population think voting in Boris was a cracking idea. 

Ashworth should have fucked off with that Change UK mob, as should most of the Labour front bench, Ashworth really shouldn't be in the Labour Party nevermind on the front bench. He's just a grinning little toad, very similar in stature to Matt Hancock.

"General election 2019: Jonathan Ashworth apologises after Corbyn criticism leak - BBC News" https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2019-50726592.amp

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

2i9v8i.jpg

Fuck sake

When a politician says "our hearts go out to..." or " obviously I send my condolences to...." they really don't give a shiny shite. That said, it was just a misunderstanding, I'm sure there are better reasons than this for calling him a cunt.

10 hours ago, A Red said:

When a politician says "our hearts go out to..." or " obviously I send my condolences to...." they really don't give a shiny shite. That said, it was just a misunderstanding, I'm sure there are better reasons than this for calling him a cunt.

Their most certainly are, see the story of how the gap toothed useless little diddyman helped fuck up Labour's last election campaign, shown in the link a couple of posts above.

17 hours ago, Jack the Sipper said:

That's just not the case and never has been, despite what the Tories and their supporters in the media would have you believe when they're claiming a 'stonking mandate' for all sorts of hard-right anti-democratic policies.

Just look at the % of the vote the Tories got in 2019, the % of the electorate that voted, and the % of the UK population that make up our electorate. Then minus the % of people who voted Tory despite Johnson, and the % of people who voted Tory and now wish they hadn't. 

My back of a fag packet maths tells me that around 20% of the population think voting in Boris was a cracking idea. 

How many people voted him in.and regret it?

1 hour ago, Arniepie said:

How many people voted him in.and regret it?

I can't say, but given his personal approval ratings and party poll ratings are both down from where they were 2 years ago, I'd argue that more regret voting for him/his party in 2019 that wish they had.

My point is that there's nothing, and certainly no data, to suggest that the bulk of the population (or even a majority) think voting for him was a good idea. 

14 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

I can't say, but given his personal approval ratings and party poll ratings are both down from where they were 2 years ago, I'd argue that more regret voting for him/his party in 2019 that wish they had.

My point is that there's nothing, and certainly no data, to suggest that the bulk of the population (or even a majority) think voting for him was a good idea. 

Ok the bulk of the people who voted in the election, voted him in giving them an 80 seat majority.

Until very recently their ratings have stayed high but of couse that depends on high highly you rate the polls