You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

7 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Honestly what planet have you been living on?  Zero fucking tolerance is just some fucking buzzword phrase people use because they think it makes them look clever.  What the fuck does it even mean?  You would probably be kicked out of the Labour Party for saying you aren’t pro-Jewish.  What does that even mean? Are you anti-Jewish? Neutral Jewish?  It’s comical.

Various cunts on the right of the Labour party submitted a load of complaints with little evidence of shit they took on twitter.  People at the top of the party who Corbyn didn’t put in place and were in league with these very same right wing cunts then deliberately mishandled the complaints and slowed down the process and then blamed Corbyn in the media.  The media who don’t want the taxes going up either we’re quite happy to report all this nonsense as truth.  The whole thing is a complete shitshow but it’s worked evidently because there’s absolute knobheads every where coming out with the same shit you have just done.

Yep.

7 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Leaving aside the fact that your characterisation of the Blair/Brown years is a ‘touch’ one-sided, it doesn’t really have much to do with what’s going on now and what the choice is now. Unless you’re saying that Starmer is going to repeat those things which, well, would require some evidence. 

A touch one sided?  These are all facts.  The Tory party had to move to the right because Labour occupied its position.

The evidence is right there in front of you, you just don’t want to see it.  The mass walkout of cunts when Corbyn was in charge to try and get the left wing leader to resign through fear he might actually win an election and put the taxes up.  Yeah those people are now all in his shadow cabinet.  All of these cunts were parachuted in under Blair.  They then undermined the party at an election because it was better for them for the tories to win than Corbyn.  Starmer never tells you his position on anything important.  They’re the same people.  If you’re happy to wait until he’s coming up with his manifesto (which I also doubt will say anything) or he gets in power and carries on down this neo liberal right wing path then go for it but we’ve all seen this story before.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

You can't be that naive to think it wasn't a huge issue that was never dealt with that would have lost Labour a shitload of votes.

Like I said, the Jewish community is incredibly influencial and powerful and it was ridiculous that it was never dealt with properly and allowed to fester on as long as it did.

Zero tolerance he says. Wow.

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

It’s the exact opposite. It was a joke before and now it’s being run properly. It’s just that you support Corbyn. That’s fine, but it doesn’t mean that it’s a joke now. He told RLB to retract her comments. She didn’t. He got rid. He asked Corbyn to retract his comments. He wouldn’t. He got rid. He said that if you don’t accept these problems then you have no business being party in the party. He clearly meant it. He clearly is good to his word, at least so far, and he is consistent. This seems much less of a joke than unlawfully interfering with these things. Again, it’s because you like Corbyn. 

His statement was innocuous and largely truthful. You can't suspend somebody for that. The party will split now. Hopefully there'll be a splinter party set up and Starmer will totally flop at the next election. That 40% Tory base seems to be consistent. Starmer's campaign against the left has gone too far now and will probably drive people away from the party. Labour no longer had my membership under Starmer. They still had my vote though. Now they have neither. And I strongly suspect that I'll be the only one thinking this way. 

Corbyn has had the whip withdrawn as well. Do you technically need the whip to abstain on everything? 

1 minute ago, The Guest said:

A touch one sided?  These are all facts.

Yes. One sided. The veracity of what you’re saying isn’t important, it’s the facts you’ve left out that shows it’s one sided. 

5 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Starmer never tells you his position on anything important.  They’re the same people.  If you’re happy to wait until he’s coming up with his manifesto (which I also doubt will say anything) or he gets in power and carries on down this neo liberal right wing path then go for it but we’ve all seen this story before.

Sorry, this is just made up. 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He can do what he wants because it’s his reputation but he’s missing a massive opportunity to change the political landscape in this country for good.  Staying in Labour and trying to hold them to account just is not possible.  The parallels between here and the US are crazy.

Makes sense for Starmer to suspend him. Gives the issue a scapegoat and draws a line under it. The party has to lose its anti-semitic image whether it thinks it's real or not and this is a step in that direction.

If the party does split, then the side that takes Corbyn won't get anywhere - it will always be tarred with the antisemtic brush.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

His statement was innocuous and largely truthful. You can't suspend somebody for that. The party will split now. Hopefully there'll be a splinter party set up and Starmer will totally flop at the next election. That 40% Tory base seems to be consistent. Starmer's campaign against the left has gone too far now and will probably drive people away from the party. Labour no longer had my membership under Starmer. They still had my vote though. Now they have neither. And I strongly suspect that I'll be the only one thinking this way. 

Corbyn has had the whip withdrawn as well. Do you technically need the whip to abstain on everything? 

The thing is Starmer and these people don’t care.  They’ve done their job which was to stop a left wing party getting power.  Weakening the left for at least a few decades more by controlling the Labour Party is just a bonus payment for them.  If they get voted out individually at a GE they just walk into some no show executive position somewhere on one of these plc’s they sorted out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Oh, is it? Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing how this potential split turns out for the British people and their every day reality. 

I just think that you're being a bit naive. Even if a new party is set up or not, I think that this latest move, when looked at in the context of other anti-left incidents, will drive more people away from the Labour Party than it will attract. 

Only time will tell, I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I just think that you're being a bit naive. Even if a new party is set up or not, I think that this latest move, when looked at in the context of other anti-left incidents, will drive more people away from the Labour Party than it will attract. 

Only time will tell, I guess. 

I’m not naive, I think describing this as ‘anti-left’ is ridiculous. Corbyn isn’t synonymous with ‘left’. It existed before Corbyn and it’ll exist long after. An independent report shows that the leader of the opposition’s office unlawfully and with discrimination politically interfered with antisemitism complaints... dealing with this report isn’t an attack on the left. 

2 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I’m not naive, I think describing this as ‘anti-left’ is ridiculous. Corbyn isn’t synonymous with ‘left’. It existed before Corbyn and it’ll exist long after. An independent report shows that the leader of the opposition’s office unlawfully and with discrimination politically interfered with antisemitism complaints... dealing with this report isn’t an attack on the left. 

He wasn't suspended for that though. 

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

FaIlUrE tO rEtRaCt CoMmEnTs just like he did with RLB. What a fucking moron.

A political masterstroke from his point of view. Pins the blame on Corbyn and cements his position on the throne. If Corbyn leaves to form a new party, then Starmer wins again because the media will target Corbyn.