You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A joyous time for Diane Abbot to take swipes at Starmer and Labour, while bugging up the Tories. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/black-history-month-diane-abbott-forde-report-racism-b2196785.html

Regardless of anything else, capitalising the word "Black" while leaving "brown" and "white" in lower-case sits very uneasy with me.

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A joyous time for Diane Abbot to take swipes at Starmer and Labour, while bugging up the Tories. 

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/black-history-month-diane-abbott-forde-report-racism-b2196785.html

I find this narrative utterly bizarre. Theresa May is a woman - she presided over windrush and the hostile environment.

Patel and Braverman are asian women, one kicked off the Rwanda debacle and the other has doubled down since. 

David Cameron had a disabled kid, he presided over what was essentially a war on vulnerable people that led to disabled deaths. 

Some of the biggest cunts in the Tory party are scousers and/or claim to be working class. 

The fuck good is it having a party that's crammed to the rafters with gays, bame, women if they're all cunts doing cunty things? 

16 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Regardless of anything else, capitalising the word "Black" while leaving "brown" and "white" in lower-case sits very uneasy with me.

As did the clear joy at there being no white men in great offices of state.

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I find this narrative utterly bizarre. Theresa May is a woman - she presided over windrush and the hostile environment.

Patel and Braverman are asian women, one kicked off the Rwanda debacle and the other has doubled down since. 

David Cameron had a disabled kid, he presided over what was essentially a war on vulnerable people that led to disabled deaths. 

Some of the biggest cunts in the Tory party are scousers and/or claim to be working class. 

The fuck good is it having a party that's crammed to the rafters with gays, bame, women if they're all cunts doing cunty things? 

Yeah, thank God a white man, like Tony Benn isn’t in charge of immigration otherwise there might be some really racist policies. 

So much for ‘content of their character’. Reverend King might well not approve. 

Here we go. 

I've only recently posted both polls and latest bookies odds showing good news for Labour. 

Humourless probably missed them by having me on ignore.

I offer no apologies for Wales consistently rejecting the Conservatives and voting for the Labour party and for seeing through the propaganda spewed at us from the right wing media. 

3 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I know I say that the only poll which matters is the election, but Labour will have to really screw up from here to lose the next one. 

Yeah, I still expect it to swing back a bit, this sort of lead is absolutely fucking ridiculous , and lots can happen, but it would be a catastrophe not to win the election from here. It would require some serious external events, I think. I just hope we can get through the next 24 months without too much nonsense from Labour. 

11 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I know I say that the only poll which matters is the election, but Labour will have to really screw up from here to lose the next one. 

The loss of support they have got is unbelievable. 

And as bad as truss is,I think johnson lost them a fair few.

57 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Tom Watson been put forward by Labour for a seat in the Lords. 

giphy.gif

I didn't think Starmer had been rattling the cage of the left much recently, but this'll set certain sections buzzing. 

*off to check skwawkbox* 

Edit: Nope, not yet. Still Thatcher with Starmer's face photoshopped onto it. 

What's imo interesting here is not the infantile picture of Starmer as Thatcher by an outlet that to the best of my knowledge has never been linked on here but not one comment behind the reason said silly pic was posted. 

Inserted in the Skawbox (however you spell the name) post is a clip of a Labour representative saying tory Thatcherites are welcome in the Labour Party. Now excuse me, but any thoughts on the actual content behind the pic or is it just another cheap pot shot at the messenger? 

A post recently contained the deaths caused by austerity. The figures were shocking. I had a browse at the needless deaths caused by Thatchers allout attack on Merseyside/South Wales Valleys/Scotland.. the estimate was 2.500 a year not including under age 30 suicides which increased by 30% after she came to power.  She put austerity to shame.

The pic maybe silly but the subject matter not so. Thatcher's privatisation policies have proven absolutely calamitous. I find the comments by that Labour representative on Newsnight far more troubling than a pic from some left wing blog.

Anyway here's a couple of random clips of Paul Heaton.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

What's imo interesting here is not the infantile picture of Starmer as Thatcher by an outlet that to the best of my knowledge has never been linked on here but not one comment behind the reason said silly pic was posted. 

Inserted in the Skawbox (however you spell the name) post is a clip of a Labour representative saying tory Thatcherites are welcome in the Labour Party. Now excuse me, but any thoughts on the actual content behind the pic or is it just another cheap pot shot at the messenger? 

A post recently contained the deaths caused by austerity. The figures were shocking. I had a browse at the needless deaths caused by Thatchers allout attack on Merseyside/South Wales Valleys/Scotland.. the estimate was 2.500 a year not including under age 30 suicides which increased by 30% after she came to power.  She put austerity to shame.

The pic maybe silly but the subject matter not so. Thatcher's privatisation policies have proven absolutely calamitous. I find the comments by that Labour representative on Newsnight far more troubling than a pic from some left wing blog.

Presumably you're talking about the comments by John McTernan below? I stand to be corrected, but to the best of my knowledge he's not a Labour representative. He's speaking for himself and putting his own spin on what Starmer said, he's not speaking on behalf of Labour or Starmer.

Worth noting too, that McTernan joined Momentum in 2017. Does that mean that everything he said then was representative of Corbyn?

https://skwawkbox.org/2022/09/30/video-starmer-telling-thatcherites-theyre-safe-to-come-home-to-labour/

1 minute ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Presumably you're talking about the comments by John McTernan below? I stand to be corrected, but to the best of my knowledge he's not a Labour representative. He's speaking for himself and putting his own spin on what Starmer said, he's not speaking on behalf of Labour or Starmer.

Worth noting too, that McTernan joined Momentum in 2017. Does that mean that everything he said then was representative of Corbyn?

https://skwawkbox.org/2022/09/30/video-starmer-telling-thatcherites-theyre-safe-to-come-home-to-labour/

Oh goodie, thanks for the reassurance, glad to hear it.

Never heard of the fella before and hope to never hear of him again. I'm sure his idiotic comments will be shot down by a Labour representative soon.

Hahaha. Why not decry the comments from Labour representative that doesn't represent Labour, you bunch of Thatcherites! McTernan a cunt, he's always been a cunt, and he always will be a cunt. Anybody who followed politics for more than five minutes knows who he is and that he's a cunt. What he said was the words of a cunt, aimed at cunts in middle England. None of it matters as it doesn't have anything to do with Starmer and it's the direct equivalent of putting Corbyn in a Ushanka because somebody from the SDP said something. Alas, some of us are against doing it to either of them because it's fucking idiocy, the only difference is that this time it's left-wingers doing it to Labour, and not their opponents and media fuckbois. In short, Gnasher is still an idiot and I feel even more stupid having been exposed to his cuntery.