You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham (A) 29/2/2020 - Premier League - 19:45

Bjornebye

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Cant belive some of the comments. We were well in control of the game. Kept possession, ran west ham ragged and out of steam. Everyone wanting Ox off and he nets the 2nd. Should have been a couple more, Mo unlucky hitting the post, their best chance was Trent slapping it against our post. Great save by Alisson, Fab getting some distance in his legs. Gini really should have looked to shoot a couple of times late on in good positions.

Now for Southampton at Anfield. Good to hear the travelling fans 'We're gonna win the league!' bellowing out around the stadium. And you know what, we are!?

Oh and thanks to Stig for those naughty website links!

It wasn't as rosy as you make it out to be.

Yes it was a good, a gritty win, but we can be so much better.

3 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

It wasn't as rosy as you make it out to be.

Yes it was a good, a gritty win, but we can be so much better.

Haha, I love your pessimism. You do know our great sides of 78 and 87-89 used to stroll around with the ball, making the oppos run like fuck, do enough to win the game then shut up shop for the last 20 minutes?

It beats me the idea that the team has to win 6 or 7 nil every game before some say 'well done' to the boys instead of picking holes in the performance.  But, each to their own.

• Upvote 8

United buzzing about getting a draw with us reminds me of peep show when mark goes out to buy condoms for a guy who’s shagging a girl he fancies. He gets glow in the dark ones in the hope it’ll make the guy look ridiculous.

’A win for me in the worst possible way’

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Haha, I love your pessimism. You do know our great sides of 78 and 87-89 used to stroll around with the ball, making the oppos run like fuck, do enough to win the game then shut up shop for the last 20 minutes?

It beats me the idea that the team has to win 6 or 6 nil every game before some say 'well done' to the boys instead of picking holes in the performance.  But, each to their own.

I agree, I dont expect every performance to be like we played against Leicester BUT the first half we looked tired and sloppy. We were much better in the second half.

What worried me the most though is Origi.

we'll win it in Goodison, maybe even before then. 

This team is outrageous at the minute, just an absolute crushing machine

If youb try and beat us, we'll demolish you. 

If you put 11 men behind the ball, we'll get 1 or 2. 

Alisson has made us damn near impregnable at the back now as well. Savour this one lads, teams as good a this dont come around very often, 

• Upvote 1

That was as routine as it gets. As usual, we could get a glut of goals and kill off games early but we keep missing chances to do so. Still, we take enough of our chances for it not to matter.

We've now beaten every other team in the league at least once. We've won an incredible 23 out of 24 games. We have a massive 19-point lead so City need 7 games just to catch up, and that's assuming we also fall away spectacularly. There are only 14 more games to go. I consider it important to get to each 10-point marker first because it means that we are leading the pack at each stage, and we have got to 10, 20, 30, 40 and 50 points before anybody else, and we're the only ones to have reached 60 and 70 points thus far. It's the sort of thing I always hope for but because it is so unlikely and therefore completely unprecedented, I could never have imagined it to have panned out like this.

We march on.

• Upvote 2

Just now, WhiskeyJar said:

I agree, I dont expect every performance to be like we played against Leicester BUT the first half we looked tired and sloppy. We were much better in the second half.

I don't agree . It wasn't pretty but we were just keeping the ball and trying to draw them out patiently . We all wan't to blow teams away from the off but I thought we picked away and created a couple of chances then Origi drew the foul in the box. Game over. 

2 minutes ago, WhiskeyJar said:

Just enjoy it mate, we've waited 30 years for this.Dont look for the faults cos you'll find them if you look for them. That's all I'll say.

• Upvote 4

Liverpool's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain: "You can't get carried away. We haven't got this far by being complacent. We respect everyone we go up against and try and get the wins."

And not everyone is on the conspiracy train....

Matt, Arsenal fan in Leicester