You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Mudface said:

The long nights are going to be really grim here- it goes dark by 3:45 in mid-Winter and the sun doesn't rise until well after 8 am, it's bad enough 'normally' without a feeling of being trapped.

This is where Tony flourishes. 

4 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Fuck, that sounds pretty rough. Hope those things improve, or don't get any worse at least. May and June this year were unremittingly grim for me, but that was mostly down to a relationship exploding a few weeks into lockdown, and then not being able to take my mind off it with anything else.

Thanks - probably reads worse than the reality. Many people are a lot worse off than me. Relationships are difficult enough at the best of times so having issues like you’ve described in a lockdown situation must have been shocking.

In my case we’ve always got through our rocky moments, in part, by being able to give each other some space. Being locked down right now would be a total disaster. 

8 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Fuck, that sounds pretty rough. Hope those things improve, or don't get any worse at least. May and June this year were unremittingly grim for me, but that was mostly down to a relationship exploding a few weeks into lockdown, and then not being able to take my mind off it with anything else.

Which is obviously fairly trivial stuff compared to the housing and financial concerns other people have. I'm incredibly fortunate in that respect, and my heart goes out to anyone having to face those issues. Really hope the eviction ban and furlough scheme are extended.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

I put the app on my phone this morning. I've noticed since then my "Google" usage in the battery has gone through the roof. And then the real test, using it to check in to "hospitality venues". So far a 100% record. Of failure. 3 locations and the qr code scan has failed in every one. It's absolutely fucking shit. Just what is the point? 

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Thanks - probably reads worse than the reality. Many people are a lot worse off than me. Relationships are difficult enough at the best of times so having issues like you’ve described in a lockdown situation must have been shocking.

In my case we’ve always got through our rocky moments, in part, by being able to give each other some space. Being locked down right now would be a total disaster. 

Yeah we were on the slide anyway, and her moving in just lit the fuse, really. It didn't help that she started living with with an actual underwear model a few weeks later, though. The old ego did not enjoy that development one little bit.

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah we were on the slide anyway, and her moving in just lit the fuse, really. It didn't help that she started living with with an actual underwear model a few weeks later, though. The old ego did not enjoy that development one little bit.

I’m sure you have qualities she doesn’t get from the underwear model. Looking the business in briefs isn’t everything you know. 

7 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Not looking forward to another six months stuck at home. Mrs Kurtz starts her full time university course on Monday and kids are back at school so it will just be me and the two beagles from 9- 3 most days. I’ve worked in offices amongst people for 30 years now so this isolation is very surreal. I miss the conversation, the laughs, the football rivarly, even the commute where I could read in piece for 2 hours each day. Really think I am going to struggle with this.  I know there’s a much bigger picture etc but I am not looking forward to this at all. 

Try being an old lady who is coming to terms with losing a leg in some cunts garden. 

• Upvote 5

29 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

Certainly not good news about the reinfections. Not good news for herd immunity, not good news for a vaccine.

All the more reason not to go into another lockdown. We cannot pretend that the only thing that kills people is Covid.

WideeyedOpenChevrotain-size_restricted.g

12 minutes ago, Spy Bee said:

I don't know why everyone is going on about a second lockdown. I just cannot see it happening. 

That depends on what happens over the coming six months. Yes. Six months.

While the Tory Master of Muppets has been working his eccentric charms over Brexit and writing new laws that make no sense to the average human, the public have responded to him best mate Cummings' blatant bullshit by raising the middle finger to his nonsense. What we have now is the result of that magnificent cunts' work.