You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Amazing that UK airlines are complaining that Brits can't go to green lit countries when most countries probably see Britain as either an amber light country or possibly even a red light country. 

On 16/06/2021 at 08:07, Barrington Womble said:

This is a small sample size I know, but I currently have 3 double vaxd family members who are positive with one in hospital. There seems an absolute reality this vaccine doesn't stop spread or the numbers wouldn't be so high all over the country. The only question is how much it stops hospitalisations and deaths. 

Sorry to hear that mate. 

My Gf's auntie works for the NHS in Scotland and she has said that are seeing a number of people that have had both jabs hospitalised with Covid. It seems the main concern is that people that were full vaccinated in the opening 2 to 3 months of the year could be at risk as the vaccine has either worn off completely or isn't strong enough to deal with the newest variant?

If this is the case then realistically we could be looking at some form of restrictions for the rest of the year. It also explains why we will need the Autumn booster. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chief medical officer Chris Whitty said the current surge would “definitely” translate into hospital admissions and “undoubtedly” further deaths. And Professor Graham Medley said it was “not impossible” restrictions would have to be brought back in if hospitalisations started to rise.

Meanwhile, an internal NHS email seen by Channel 4 indicates that hospitals have been told to brace themselves for a likely third peak in early August. It warns “we are preparing for a third wave” and adds “the peak is expected to be 1 August”.

Just now, TK421 said:

Chief medical officer Chris Whitty said the current surge would “definitely” translate into hospital admissions and “undoubtedly” further deaths. And Professor Graham Medley said it was “not impossible” restrictions would have to be brought back in if hospitalisations started to rise.

Meanwhile, an internal NHS email seen by Channel 4 indicates that hospitals have been told to brace themselves for a likely third peak in early August. It warns “we are preparing for a third wave” and adds “the peak is expected to be 1 August”.

Meanwhile, in gammon land…

00BDEE59-39FC-442A-BE0B-B7D540D46263.jpeg

33549B13-D638-4003-899A-FB9C2006B846.jpeg

2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

It would take all day.

I don't have respect for any of the main players in the UK government and their response, he's right up there with Tory MPs for me for his part in this. 

Ok, give me a few lines of that day, why do you hate Chris Whitty 

11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

My Gf's auntie works for the NHS in Scotland and she has said that are seeing a number of people that have had both jabs hospitalised with Covid. It seems the main concern is that people that were full vaccinated in the opening 2 to 3 months of the year could be at risk as the vaccine has either worn off completely or isn't strong enough to deal with the newest variant?

If this is the case then realistically we could be looking at some form of restrictions for the rest of the year. It also explains why we will need the Autumn booster. 

It might be that the priority for vaccines in the opening 2 to 3 months was to the very old, many of whom will have very poor immune systems, rather than (IMO) the vaccine being weak. 

1 Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
2 All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
3 All those 75 years of age and over
4 All those 70 years of age and over and clinically extremely vulnerable individuals (not including pregnant women and those under 16 years of age)

8 hours ago, TK421 said:

I will write a full response in due course.  It will be a long post.  

I'm still basking in the glory of the fry-up and Red Bull to do it now. 

Don't bother. You don't like him because a qualified person who has the best interests of peoples lives has said things that Karen has disagreed with. He doesn't force lockdowns or restrictions, he makes recommendations based on his and his teams data that is far beyond the levels of knowledge anyone on here can fathom. If anything he's been held back by the government. You'll be posting katie hopkins videos next. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Don't bother. You don't like him because a qualified person who has the best interests of peoples lives has said things that Karen has disagreed with. He doesn't force lockdowns or restrictions, he makes recommendations based on his and his teams data that is far beyond the levels of knowledge anyone on here can fathom. If anything he's been held back by the government. You'll be posting katie hopkins videos next. 

It's nothing to do with the reasons you infer there, but no probs I won't write it.

27 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ok go on then.

No, you've talked me out of it now. It would have been an essay length post created with thoughtfulness, love and research and would have been fully referenced. 

But you preferred to pre-empt me with Karen and Katie insults, even though you have no idea where I was coming from, so I'm out. 

It would have probably been the greatest post this forum has ever seen. But now it'll never see the light of day.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, TK421 said:

No, you've talked me out of it now. It would have been an essay length post created with thoughtfulness, love and research and would have been fully referenced. 

But you preferred to pre-empt me with Karen and Katie insults, even though you have no idea where I was coming from, so I'm out. 

It would have probably been the greatest post this forum has ever seen. But now it'll never see the light of day.

Now don't I feel the right cunt.