You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Playstation 5

16 minutes ago, The Golden Eel said:

Cheers, sorry, I was talking about the Sony one. I've seen those ones kicking about. I've never once seen the official one in stock anywhere though. However, would you say getting a third-party one would be grand? I'm reluctant, I must admit. 

Never had any problems with buying third party hardware, Nintendo are notorious for stopping people releasing hardware for their consoles though. I have ordered third party hardware for xbox and PlayStation without any problems at all. 

I've a PS5 for the boy to open Christmas Day.  I've had Playstation's since the inception but not touched my PS4 in around a year and gathering dust under the telly, so it's time to pass on the baton to the 9 year old.

Question is, do I log into the PS5 with my existing login details, giving him the PS4 downloaded games to access via PS5 and dick around with while we wait for a bigger catalogue of games, or do I set up a new account exclusively for him and let him have it as a brand new console, building his profile from scratch?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Paul said:

What’s a realistic estimate of when these will be readily available please boys?

Most of the stories coming out are not before Christmas and not for the rest of the year. I think the Xbox will be easier to pick up because the scalping market doesn't seem to be as lucrative as people don't seem to want to pay that much more than RRP. PS5 people are paying over £1,000 to get one so scalpers are gobbling up the stocks.

There are no specific dates at the moment for either system - they might just suddenly appear but it definitely won't be before the end of the year. I'd estimate mid-to-end January.

42 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Most of the stories coming out are not before Christmas and not for the rest of the year. I think the Xbox will be easier to pick up because the scalping market doesn't seem to be as lucrative as people don't seem to want to pay that much more than RRP. PS5 people are paying over £1,000 to get one so scalpers are gobbling up the stocks.

There are no specific dates at the moment for either system - they might just suddenly appear but it definitely won't be before the end of the year. I'd estimate mid-to-end January.

I stand corrected...stock rumoured at game and Amazon but rumoured for today.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ps5-stock-where-to-buy-playstation-5

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2020 at 17:41, Furmedge said:

I've a PS5 for the boy to open Christmas Day.  I've had Playstation's since the inception but not touched my PS4 in around a year and gathering dust under the telly, so it's time to pass on the baton to the 9 year old.

Question is, do I log into the PS5 with my existing login details, giving him the PS4 downloaded games to access via PS5 and dick around with while we wait for a bigger catalogue of games, or do I set up a new account exclusively for him and let him have it as a brand new console, building his profile from scratch?

If you add your username and set the PS5 as your main console (I can't remember the term of the top of my head but it should ask you when you add the account something like is it the primary device) and then create an account for him as an additional account and do the same he should be able to play any games you've downloaded on his account anyway.

If you're the person who has paid for the downloads you should still be able to play them on any other PS4 or PS5 as normal even if it's not set as the master console. 

40 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

If you add your username and set the PS5 as your main console (I can't remember the term of the top of my head but it should ask you when you add the account something like is it the primary device) and then create an account for him as an additional account and do the same he should be able to play any games you've downloaded on his account anyway.

If you're the person who has paid for the downloads you should still be able to play them on any other PS4 or PS5 as normal even if it's not set as the master console. 

That's what I did in the end. I set the PS5 up last week and put it back in the box for Christmas morning so he's not spending ages updating it. Managed to transfer everything over from the 4 to the 5 that he'd want to play. 

18 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Cyberpunk disk wouldn't read in ps5 so i was slightly going spare inwardly. Eventually realised I'd been putting the disk in upside-down. Felt weird putting the image on the disk facing left when the console is upright.

Good to know I'm not the only idiot that did this.

2 hours ago, Herp McDerp said:

Good to know I'm not the only idiot that did this.

There were a lot of people doing it. One of the early complaints on PS5 was the number of systems reportedly having faulty disk drives.turning the discs upside down was the fix in the majority of cases.

The new controller is amazing. That haptic feedback. On astros playroom there's a bit where a load of minions jump inside the controller on screen and when you move the controller it actually felt like is was full of little things rolling around then you add the sound of them laughing coming out of the controller. Amazing to think how it will evolve.

Fess up. Which of you have been writing on Reddit?

Give my kid your PS5 or you've ruined his Christmas
M

Hi guys, 

I initially posted this on r/AmItheAsshole, but a lot of people said they thought you might like this.

So the other day I [30m] got lucky and managed to get hold of a PS5 which are like gold dust in the UK at the moment. Work has been ridiculous this year, and my PS4 broke a few months back, to say I'm hyped for it and some holiday downtime is an understatement 

The console finally arrived the other day, and was left with my neighbour. I knocked on the door, thanked them for taking the parcel and exchanged some pleasantries, when she casually asked if 'it was anything nice', I told her it was a PS5, we had the usual small talk and I went back inside, thinking nothing of it.

Later we had a knock on the door from her husband [38ish], he said that his wife had mentioned I'd gotten a PS5 and they wanted one for their 7 year son. It was all his son wanted this year, and it's been a tough year for his son as he's not been able to see his friends much, so would I consider selling it to them for what I bought it for. I said I understood, but I really didn't want to sell it as I was looking forward to playing it.

That's when things got a bit weird. He huffed a little and said Christmas should be about kids, and I should really consider how hard it's been for them and offered me an extra £50. I said I wouldn't be selling it for any price, I wasn't looking to make money on it, I just really wanted to play it. 

He left, but said he hoped I'd reconsider as 'you and I are a bit old for video games anyway' and walked off. End of story, I thought.

The next day, he comes over *again*, this time with his son. He said he son really wanted to see the PS5 he had heard about. The boy then said to me that's what he really wanted for Christmas and hoped Santa would get him one, I replied that hopefully he would, but it's really busy for him this year so he might have to wait a little longer for it, but if not, I'm sure he'd get something nice instead.

Another day passes, and my fiancee said they had posted something weird on social media about (there's a neighbourhood group) how they had thought 2020 would have made people less selfish and more giving, but they were disappointed in their neighbourhood which had forgotten 'community spirit', and how people should be more thoughtful towards the children in the street given how much they've all suffered this year. Off the back of it, my fiancee asked if i should sell them the console, just to keep the peace.

Later in the day, they came around again, to tell me that I had promised their son he'd be getting a PS5 for Christmas, and now it would be ruined if he didn't get one. She said that I "am an adult, and should be thinking of kids at Christmas, not acting like one playing video games" and that I was being "unbelievably selfish and cruel", he added that he didn't know how we could enjoy Christmas knowing we were horrible people that had ruined a 7 year old's Christmas.

Now I've also heard from some people on the street that they've been talking shit about us to people, though most neighbours are just staying out of it, but we're definitely getting some daggers from the "mum's who lunch" crew.

We live in a super nice neighbourhood, but it's firmly middle class, lot's of private school kids called Hattie and Sebastian etc, we're definitely the youngest on the street and the weird childless couple, which I don't think PS5 gate is helping with. My finacee just wants to sell it to them to end it, but I'm still trying to hold firm.

Honestly, feel like i'm losing my mind at this point

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

The new controller is amazing. That haptic feedback. On astros playroom there's a bit where a load of minions jump inside the controller on screen and when you move the controller it actually felt like is was full of little things rolling around then you add the sound of them laughing coming out of the controller. Amazing to think how it will evolve.

It's great isn't it? The adaptive triggers are the thing that hit me, they add a completely different sensation to things. Really hope devs take advantage of these features, rather than letting them slide by as a novelty.

3 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Hopefully anyone from here would have already told them to fuck off, cheeky guilt laying cunts.

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Id of punched the cunt out on the third visit. Cheeky entitled bastard.

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I'd have given them the box with a load of pet food in.

I'd have bummed him in front of his missus and kids while maintaining eye contact with them throughout . You've got to assert your dominance in these situations.