You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robbie Fowler

Truered

Not to be too harsh on the likes of Stirling but that is the kind of talent it will take to break into the side from the reserves in the current set-up.

No its not. A Ritchie Partridge level of talent would prob be enough to get a game on the left and right wings right now...Well maybe Ritchie on a good day.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know? A boxer is only judged on quality of opponents. A guy who has fought 40 times against weak quality and has 40 wins is judged less than say a guy with 40 fights and 36 wins and 4 losses if he fought the highest quality people. Look at Muhammed Ali if you don't believe me. He is widely regarded as the best yet he lost 5 or 6 fights.

For me it's the same as judging a footballer. it's not the only criteria but you have to look at the players that they played with. Ian Wright was a good striker with Crystal Palace but when he joined Arsenal he went up a few notches. Likewise Dwight Yorke with Villa was good but at Man U with the best players around him he was twice as good.

I think it's fair comment to say that if Fowler was so good with Berger, Thomas, Redknapp, Collymore and an over the hill Barnes, then how good would he have looked in the team with Whelan, Dalglish, Souness, a 1987-91 Barnes, Molby etc.

Anyway good luck Robbie but for me it's sad to see Fowler at Blackpool FC. He should have quit at a higher level a while ago but hey it's his choice I suppose.

Holloway saying it's the first time he's asked a trainee for a autograph.

That's brilliant. Holloway is awesome. I used to dislike him but he is one of the most genuine people in football, a gentleman and a truly funny and affable one at that.

Absolutely no way.

Rush, Aldo and God. Fuck we were spoilt weren't we! And not to forget Owen and Torres.

Would kill to have any of them at their peak playing for us now. We'd be a good 15-20 points above our current total.

EXCLUSIVE: Blackpool offer Fowler just £100 a week

Robbie Fowler’s proposed return to English football with Blackpool collapsed after he was offered a salary of just a hundred quid a week. Fowler, who trained with the Championship club last week, reacted angrily when chairman Karl Oyston made him the basic-wage offer, which would have been topped up with £5,000 for every first-team appearance.

Oyston, the notoriously hard-nosed chairman who it was revealed last week received over £23million from the club, is unlikely to budge on those figures.

Former England striker Fowler, 36, had hoped to establish himself in Blackpool’s ageing strike-force alongside Kevin Phillips, 38, and Brett Ormerod, 35. However, he is not prepared to accept what he sees as a risible contract offer. And with Fowler said to be weeks away from full fitness, his proposed move to Blackpool looks to have reached an impasse.

Seasiders boss Ian Holloway said: “Unless I can get things done and a deal done in a slightly different way, then he won’t be coming. "If it doesn’t happen, I’ll be disappointed, but such is life.”

Liverpool exclusive: Legend Robbie Fowler offered just £100 a week salary by Blackpool - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

I've made this point before about Fowler. I'm not sure what he can do is easily coached.

"Here watch this"

bang

"You try"

So? He's doing his badges, he'd only be a great example for the likes of Morgan and Ngoo even if he just drives home the point that they need a plan before the ball arrives and plays with them in practise matches and five a side. Let him sort the rest of his badges here and let the lads reap the benefits.