You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Harvey Elliott

suzy

7 minutes ago, Smell The Glove said:

Spot on this. We are in a privileged position of having these as backups to backups. Obviously we're hamstrung by injuries so when games like Sunday occur it's your 5th choice players who will usually mess up/not perform/get it in the neck.

Although Sunday it was our best player who was the worst on the pitch.

15 hours ago, Code said:

Just looked at the winner again, its even worse from Elliott than I thought.

Endo was in control of that ball, then Elliott probably tells him to leave it, only for Elliott to fuck it all up.

Yes we should have had more security at the back in the dying seconds of the game, but that fourth goal was all down to Elliott.

Kelleher should have saved it though. 

that’s Endo’s fault as well though.  He should never be deferring to Elliott.  He’s the experienced player FFS.  It was a shitshow all round unfortunately 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I really don't get this obsession with him, and then also Gakpo. Gakpo is the 5th forward and Elliott is like the 5th or 6th midfielder.

Are we supposed to be doing much better than those two in those places in the squad? They didn't cost much money combined, they're both still at ages where they can get better and they are both producing at a good level. Period.

I rarely agree with you but that makes absolute sense.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely being overlooked by some of our fans who take his talent for granted despite him having a very good season. One of the best in his age group and definitely good enough to very often influence games at the top level for a big club like Liverpool. He is going to get even better too as he hasnt peaked yet.

Think too many people's recent views on him are clouded with anger and hurt regarding his role in Utd's winner. Conveniently forgetting/ignoring that his goal did put us 3-2 up in extratime.

Screenshot_20240329_160840_Facebook.jpg

• Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Think too many people's recent views on him are clouded with anger and hurt regarding his role in Utd's winner. Conveniently forgetting/ignoring that his goal did put us 3-2 up in extratime.

If you don’t want reactionary quims you’ve come to the wrong place. 

1 hour ago, Supremolad said:

Definitely being overlooked by some of our fans who take his talent for granted despite him having a very good season. One of the best in his age group and definitely good enough to very often influence games at the top level for a big club like Liverpool. He is going to get even better too as he hasnt peaked yet.

Is anyone even arsed about that? I haven't given it a second thought since it happened. 

• Upvote 1

Having Southgate as England manager does have its upsides seeing that Klopp has to shame the fucker into selecting good* Liverpool players.

*Henderson was never good.**

**This may contradict past statements.***

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’ve been quite critical, but will be dialling it back 95%. 

I’ve made my mind up, now, and there is no reason to belabour the point.

Thats not how this forum works. 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

You're a bot. AI doesn't have enemies. Well maybe Neo.

I’ve, now, got 16 years on the job.

Through the death threats, pms, and cruelty - this is, by far, the strangest insult I’ve ever had, on here.

Fair play, to you.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2024 at 13:53, johnsusername said:

Great when he came on. Miles ahead of Dom Sob. 

There is no hope for those who cant see how good Elliot already is. And how brilliant he would be as he keeps developing.

On 18/03/2024 at 20:10, Mil-ing Around said:

He's not. The championship is his level, maybe at a stretch a lower league premiership player but I'm probably being kind there.

What has he shown since his injury that he's a top level player that can be a starter for one of the biggest clubs in the world? Even as a squad player he doesn't do much, either as a starter or as a sub. 

I don't want to shit on him, he clearly gets what it means to play for Liverpool. He tries his heart out but most of us would. But he has no right foot, no pace, little physicality, can't win a header, his pressing is weak and he can't tackle. Where does that leave him?

He certainly isn't a forward in the front 3. He just cuts back inside and plays the easy option 90% of the time. And he can't play in the midfield for the reasons above.

He'll be sold by the next manager within 2 seasons, I'd be shocked if he stays.

He might have 100 games but Klopp never shits on his own signings. We saw that with Kieta. He plays them and gives them time (far too much time sometimes) to improve. If Jones, Bajtetic and Thiago were fit I doubt he'd be getting as much game time either.

I’m still laughing at this.