You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Celtic Fan Dead?

Bjornebye

12 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

So Stig, do you get much grief off other Catholics over you being homosexual?

Asking on behalf of A Red. 

All the time. I have to stand on my own in the pub. I choose to though because I have got a baby face and don't appreciate being brown fingered 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

All the time. I have to stand on my own in the pub. I choose to though because I have got a baby face and don't appreciate being brown fingered 

Is it gay if you get a lady to do the fingering? 

Asking for a friend•

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My Celtic allegiance has nothing to with religion personally. I might flippantly use (rightly or wrongly) terms like Orange bastard but I don't cry when I get called a Fenian bastard. I prefer to refer to the other side as 'Huns' anyway which is in no way connected to religion. In-fact it comes from a newspaper headline in Wolverhampton after (surprise surprise) their fans smashed the place up about 50 years ago. 

I have an ingrained reason to hate that club which stems from a childhood experience hat i still think about to this day and can't get out of my head. When I say I hate them that doesn't mean that I instantly despise someone who says they are a r*ngers fan. As Ive said before I have mates who support them. In-fact one of my best mates in the Navy was a season ticket holder at Ibrox and we used to wind each other up something rotten but we still had each others backs. 

Passions ignite around the Old Firm, they do with my for sure and I never mean to offend anyone on here if I say anything derogatory about that club. If I have then of course I apologise because I am not out to offend on here. Piss taking is a different thing altogether surely. 

I dont type the 'a' when I type r*ngers because I am so used to not doing it. Bigoted sectarian twat that I am. 

As for the whole religion thing. Its a load of old bollocks that belongs in the dark ages. It was a load of old bollocks then as well. The only divide in this world in real life should be are you a prick are are you not one. Whatever form of God or worship you follow should be everyones own business. As has been said, it is used as an excuse by twats who want to maim, murder, steal and conquer. I might romanticise about a 'fight for freedom' but the reality is that innocent people have died as a result of abhorrent actions on both sides of the Irish divide and I fucking hate anyone involved in those type of atrocities. 

Thankfully it looks like no-one has died as a result of sundays violence and whilst I wouldn't want a ban on away fans at Old Firm matches, there should definitely be a bigger city centre segregation and bouncers on the doors. When I was a kid colours of either side simply weren't allowed in pubs in Glasgow. That should go for the Khaki 'uniform' the Green Brigade have started wearing. Its shite that it is like that up there of course it is but it won't ever go away. More needs to be done to contain it. Whats worrying is the younger lot seem far more up for a fight than the older generation ever were. Its not just someone who has had a few and is pisseed off his team has lost and decided to chin someone, its organised attacks on pubs full of other supporters. Cunts to a fucking man anyone involved. 

It looks like you've thought about it and hopefully we wont see anymore bigotry from you

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

My Celtic allegiance has nothing to with religion personally. I might flippantly use (rightly or wrongly) terms like Orange bastard but I don't cry when I get called a Fenian bastard. I prefer to refer to the other side as 'Huns' anyway which is in no way connected to religion. In-fact it comes from a newspaper headline in Wolverhampton after (surprise surprise) their fans smashed the place up about 50 years ago. 

I have an ingrained reason to hate that club which stems from a childhood experience hat i still think about to this day and can't get out of my head. When I say I hate them that doesn't mean that I instantly despise someone who says they are a r*ngers fan. As Ive said before I have mates who support them. In-fact one of my best mates in the Navy was a season ticket holder at Ibrox and we used to wind each other up something rotten but we still had each others backs. 

Passions ignite around the Old Firm, they do with my for sure and I never mean to offend anyone on here if I say anything derogatory about that club. If I have then of course I apologise because I am not out to offend on here. Piss taking is a different thing altogether surely. 

I dont type the 'a' when I type r*ngers because I am so used to not doing it. Bigoted sectarian twat that I am. 

As for the whole religion thing. Its a load of old bollocks that belongs in the dark ages. It was a load of old bollocks then as well. The only divide in this world in real life should be are you a prick are are you not one. Whatever form of God or worship you follow should be everyones own business. As has been said, it is used as an excuse by twats who want to maim, murder, steal and conquer. I might romanticise about a 'fight for freedom' but the reality is that innocent people have died as a result of abhorrent actions on both sides of the Irish divide and I fucking hate anyone involved in those type of atrocities. 

Thankfully it looks like no-one has died as a result of sundays violence and whilst I wouldn't want a ban on away fans at Old Firm matches, there should definitely be a bigger city centre segregation and bouncers on the doors. When I was a kid colours of either side simply weren't allowed in pubs in Glasgow. That should go for the Khaki 'uniform' the Green Brigade have started wearing. Its shite that it is like that up there of course it is but it won't ever go away. More needs to be done to contain it. Whats worrying is the younger lot seem far more up for a fight than the older generation ever were. Its not just someone who has had a few and is pisseed off his team has lost and decided to chin someone, its organised attacks on pubs full of other supporters. Cunts to a fucking man anyone involved. 

No offense but it's pretty naive to use the phrases 'huns' and 'orange bastards' and claim there are some sort of non religious reasons instead. Same reason Anny can't just make up his own meaning for the N-word and drop it as casually as he'd like to. It already has a meaning. And that meaning incites some extremely emotive reactions from different people in different ways. That needs to be respected.

25 minutes ago, soapytitwank said:

No offense but it's pretty naive to use the phrases 'huns' and 'orange bastards' and claim there are some sort of non religious reasons instead. Same reason Anny can't just make up his own meaning for the N-word and drop it as casually as he'd like to. It already has a meaning. And that meaning incites some extremely emotive reactions from different people in different ways. That needs to be respected.

Fair enough re: orange bastards (never intended to offend) as I addressed above but you might want to do your homework on the term ‘hun’

To be fair:

Hun 

Term used for a Rangers supporter. First used by in the judicial deliberation laid down following the infamous rioting of Ranger fans in 1972 after their cup winner cup victory. The judge is known to have said that the fans displayed hun like behaviour (i.e. rioting charging looting not disimilar from Atilla the Hun). The rioting was abhored by the Rangers F.C manager who said “It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we Rangers FC are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . 

However I have just googled for my own sanity and yes it can be construed as referring to r*ngers as the queens protestant team (german origin etc) and could be taken as more derogative than meant. 

As Ive said, I have no bigoted reason for disliking them. Unlike A-red who has pretty much admitted that he could not support Celtic for a bigoted reason. 

Good job I didn't make Martin Brennan my avatar! Jesus wept the tears 

10 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Fair enough re: orange bastards (never intended to offend) as I addressed above but you might want to do your homework on the term ‘hun

I'm going to have to address this, you've mentioned it a few times.,

On a thread a while back Rotoq pointed out to you that "hun" was offensive in N Ireland and you said that you didnt realise and apologised. You then did a quick google search and saw the bit about Rangers playing wolves in the 60's or whenever and the local newspapers said that the Rangers fans caused trouble and acted like huns, Perfect get out for you, so you then stated that was the reason for you using the term. Not whilst apologising but in a separate post. I dont believe for one minute you were aware of that article until you did the search. You, me and most Celtic/Rangers fans know the real intended meaning of the word.

Just now, A Red said:

I'm going to have to address this, you've mentioned it a few times.,

On a thread a while back Rotoq pointed out to you that "hun" was offensive in N Ireland and you said that you didnt realise and apologised. You then did a quick google search and saw the bit about Rangers playing wolves in the 60's or whenever and the local newspapers said that the Rangers fans caused trouble and acted like huns, Perfect get out for you, so you then stated that was the reason for you using the term. Not whilst apologising but in a separate post. I dont believe for one minute you were aware of that article until you did the search. You, me and most Celtic/Rangers fans know the real intended meaning of the word.

You can believe what you want but are you suggesting I have a dislike for them over religion? I have known about that article for years. 

You, me and anyone on here with half a rain know that what you meant by your family etc is down to being a protestant and Celtic being catholic. Its not even that or that which pisses me off (Or ever would) its you trying to patronise me like I'm some sort of dickhead. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

To be fair:

Hun 

Term used for a Rangers supporter. First used by in the judicial deliberation laid down following the infamous rioting of Ranger fans in 1972 after their cup winner cup victory. The judge is known to have said that the fans displayed hun like behaviour (i.e. rioting charging looting not disimilar from Atilla the Hun). The rioting was abhored by the Rangers F.C manager who said “It is to these tikes, hooligans, louts and drunkards that I pinpoint my message – it is because of your gutter-rat behaviour that we Rangers FC are being publicly tarred and feathered . . . 

However I have just googled for my own sanity and yes it can be construed as referring to r*ngers as the queens protestant team (german origin etc) and could be taken as more derogative than meant. 

As Ive said, I have no bigoted reason for disliking them. Unlike A-red who has pretty much admitted that he could not support Celtic for a bigoted reason. 

Good job I didn't make Martin Brennan my avatar! Jesus wept the tears 

What the fuck? It is not being bigoted for saying that you couldnt support a team because of the political leaning of the club or their supporters. Just as its not bigoted for you saying the same about Rangers and their fans. Bigoted is the giving of broad brushed abuse against them all.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You can believe what you want but are you suggesting I have a dislike for them over religion? I have known about that article for years. 

You, me and anyone on here with half a rain know that what you meant by your family etc is down to being a protestant and Celtic being catholic. Its not even that or that which pisses me off (Or ever would) its you trying to patronise me like I'm some sort of dickhead. 

Get a fucking grip. Its fuck all to do with religion. Neither of us go to church or could explain the differences.

I've explained to you what bigotry is and you just dont fucking get it