Quantcast
Modern day phrases and general shit you hate - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

Lee909

Modern day phrases and general shit you hate

'Banter' 

1. the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.
    "there was much good-natured banter"
    synonyms: repartee, raillery, ripostes, sallies, swordplay, quips, wisecracks, crosstalk, wordplay;More

verb
  1. 1.
    exchange remarks in a good-humoured teasing way.

Well all ever ever read that is supposed to be 'banter' is unfunny hateful shite. Posted to mock, belittle, or from a snidey cunt taking potshits to piss people off all in the name of 'Banter

And Trolling

Same as above

Sad fucking lowlife posting hateful shit online. Because they know there's no comeback. Back in the pre 90s the sort of snivelling shithouse that lived in a basement or block of flats. Probably a nonce with no friends. Couldn't go outside as if they opened their mouth they'd get laid out for being a fat dorito eating cunt 

• Upvote 1

Banter is fine.

When it is banter.

Not when it's something else in a poor disguise.

It's the exact same as saying "I was only joking".

When you're not.

Yeah that's why it pisses me off. 

We where always taking the piss out of each other

Now it's just online abuse

The issue might be the "online" bit.

Once online ceases to be enjoyable recreation - like gambling, alcohol or other stuff - then we can hopefully choose to simply leave it behind.

Probably should be in the "little thing that annoys need thread" 

But every two bit fool on TV starting their sentences with 

Listen

It drives my fucking insane. Every twat pundit does it now, ok, maybe not Graeme Souness, but any spanner under 50. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Meh. Inarticulate, trendy gibberish. 

My bad. Yes it is really bad. 

I got this. Aids hopefully. 

Oh my days. You sound like someone from a carry on film. 

• Upvote 6

There was a similar thread where it was mentioned that some utter discharge uttered the phrase "literally randomly bantering". It was incredibly distilled obnoxiousness. 

• Upvote 1

Basically - There's nothing basic about what you're relating; there is no complicated variant.

Whatever - Fuck off.

On a general note, I'd add people who post online in an affected manner which is nothing like how they'd speak. In particular, any white British person whose online persona has more than a whiff of the lexicon of a sassy fat African-American female comedy turn in a '90s movie. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Basically - There's nothing basic about what you're relating; there is no complicated variant.

Whatever - Fuck off.

On a general note, I'd add people who post online in an affected manner which is nothing like how they'd speak. In particular, any white British person whose online persona has more than a whiff of the lexicon of a sassy fat African-American female comedy turn in a '90s movie. 

This.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mudface said:

I mean, there's just no need for it.

It was just a bit of banter. Literally random.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

You go girl!

*clicks fingers and does sassy head wobble thing*

19 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Whatever - Fuck off.

I'd add taking time to write in an affected Scouse manner, misspelling words, particularly adding 'lid.' Speaking with an accent is natural, transcribing it to words is quim behaviour. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

And Trolling

Same as above

Sad fucking lowlife posting hateful shit online. Because they know there's no comeback. Back in the pre 90s the sort of snivelling shithouse that lived in a basement or block of flats. Probably a nonce with no friends. Couldn't go outside as if they opened their mouth they'd get laid out for being a fat dorito eating cunt 

Has someone called you a cunt mate? 

The overuse of 'narrative' & 'essentially'.

All those American internet terms like 'triggered' & 'snowflake' as well, utter, utter wank.

People commentating on sport saying, 'The attack is key in this game'. What does that fucking mean you twat?

People sending e-mails with,'Mook, can you check the below please?'. Doesn't make sense you bellend.

I could post this shit all day, nearly everything that people say annoys me.