You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

Klopp on the other hand is effortless, it all comes natural.

Guardiola is like someone who plans on how to pull a bird a whole week before going to a nightclub. Thinks about what shirt and shoes he is going to wear, buys different deodorants not knowing which one will be good, which drink will look cool when he initiates the chat up, after dithering for a long time and finally takes the courage to approach a semi ugly bird...

...Klopp walks in with a beer in his hand whilst scratching his balls with the other hand and takes home the fittest bird in the club with him, she is giving him a blowjob in the side little alley, whilst baldy walks past watching.

• Haha 3

On 09/06/2023 at 12:40, Creator Supreme said:

I've seen a headline on the BBC (fucked if I'm clicking on the story) saying that baldy bonce is already the greatest manager ever whether the sportswashers win tomorrow or not.

I know it's always subjective stuff like this, and that his talent as a coach is undoubted, but he's had the deck stacked in his favour to succeed pretty much from day one! Maybe it's a tribute to him that he's managed to deal with the pressure of having to be successful all the time, but he's never had to struggle.

I hate whisky nose, but he paid his dues in the lower leagues in Scotland, and then with the successes he had with Aberdeen before he went to Castle Greyskull, and you have to respect that.

I know people will say that Bob never had to struggle as a manager, but it wasn't a procession back then for the richest teams. As that Villa fan said in that Guardian article we were the best but not infallible, it was still a competition!

Maybe he will turn out to be the greatest manager ever, who knows? He's a bitter whinging spoilt baldy wanker though, of that I have no doubt!

tbf being able to blow everyone else out of the water for about 10 years certainly helped ferguson.

On 10/06/2023 at 13:40, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Greatest manager ever my arse. They may well win tonight but still over a decade without a CL for Preperation H Guardiola at two dominant and very rich clubs.

How many multi million pound centre halves and full backs discarded for Pip’s magic to work? What they win means nothing, only for their fans and the paid sycophants who wax lyrical. I reckon some of their fans hardly care either.

his trophy count is bound to ensure he will be in the conversation..

2 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Certainly, his spending and where he is managing also will ensure conversation. That and he is currently managing proven cheats.

its rarely does tbf

I think the big decider on his legacy will be what happens with this investigation.

17 hours ago, Em City said:

I didn't watch a single minute of the final, the first one I've not watched since in at least 20 years, and have actively avoided all football coverage since yet half the internet seems to be about Jack Grealish and his celebrations.

Just fuck off, nobody cares.

They signed Grealish in 2021, off the back of England's 'feelgood' run to the EURO 2020 final - that same summer they tried for Harry Kane as well. I always thought that it was part of a concerted strategy by City to cement their place in the soft power ranking of English football by signing the lionhearted captain and leading scorer and also the cheeky chappy mercurial midfielder; that they'd somehow become everyone's second team by having the captain and the housewives' favourite at the same club and part of a team winning everything in sight domestically and in Europe. Like the mancs signing Lineker and Gascoigne after Italia 90.

There's more than a whiff of corporate comms and PR to the "Jack Grealish loves the sesh!", "Jack Grealish can't wait to get on a weekend long bender", "Look at Jack Grealish still pissed and drinking everything in sight", "waaaay lads" coverage of their treble celebrations, with the floppy haired little wanker front and centre. Desperately trying to push back against the "soulless and inevitable" accusations with something that's "playful and mad fer it."

He's like a microcosm of the whole sportswashing thing. Man City sanitise the perception of Abu Dhabi, Jack Grealish sanitises the perception of Man City.

• Upvote 6

I might be a massive hypocrite here but something doesn't sit right in this day and age when a £100m top level player, supposedly in a time of prime athletes is shown constantly on the piss and eating fast food and people are lapping it up.

Of course City can part with £100m for a player who could be bloated and washed up in his early 30's.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's shite. Bet he can't drink properly either. 

"Oooh I'll have a San Miguel and an apple sourz please barkeep".

I see him more as a ‘don’t you know who I am’ type guy.  

11 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's shite. Bet he can't drink properly either. 

"Oooh I'll have a San Miguel and an apple sourz please barkeep".

Guaranteed the cunt drinks Carling. 

23 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

So if the shite are getting found out by October and where charged after the cheats, can we expect both to be done at the same time?

Without doubt the greatest team that cheated their way to the top.

31st November. 

9 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

So if the shite are getting found out by October and where charged after the cheats, can we expect both to be done at the same time?

Without doubt the greatest team that cheated their way to the top.

What's this October thing?

39 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The revisionism around Grealish is astounding. He scored 5 goals last season in one of the most dominant teams England has ever seen and had absolute stickers in the CL and FA cup Finals. He’s been an absolutely shite signing.

It's like all the nonsense that surrounded him chasing back for a ball, I think it was actually when they played us. It was made out to show he was this amazing forward who still had the humility and work rate to get back in the closing moments of the game. Completely missing the fact it was a city corner and they use him as the last defender! To be fair he was interviewed after it and asked if that's the type of thing that has helped improve his game and he just responded "well I was put there to defend, so I was just doing my job". 

10 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

October mate, according to what I read. Going to look shit on the Premier league if the cheats don't get done at the same time.

There's a big difference in the two cases though. Everton's issues are all there in black and white and it's just a question of what's in the accounts break the rules or not. They also are skint, so can't afford lawyers keeping it from being heard.

City on the other hand dispute the evidence the PL have because the investigation was instigated on the back of those hacked emails and the PL are effectively accusing city of fraud and falsifying their accounts amongst other things. City also have limitless lawyers to argue to keep it from being heard, while simultaneously their manager cries it in saying he wishes the PL would just get on with it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LFC 6 Times said:

The revisionism around Grealish is astounding. He scored 5 goals last season in one of the most dominant teams England has ever seen and had absolute stickers in the CL and FA cup Finals. He’s been an absolutely shite signing.

Yeah, but those bants though. Well worth £100 million.